Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 20 May 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1305622)   #1
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
EuroF3 at Monaco

Lewis wins from pole, lights to flag, Sutil second so an ASM 1-2. Duval was third. And apparently it's 37.1 degrees celsius - beautiful!!

http://www.f3euroseries.com/index.ph...-05-20&lang=en
Old 20 May 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1305624)   #2
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry, wrong link! (That was the entry for "who can pull the funniest face on the podium?" competition)

http://www.f3euroseries.com/index.ph...id=843&lang=gb
Old 20 May 2005, 20:21 (Ref:1305679)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another excellent win for Hamilton. Lets hope he can do the same in race 2.
Old 20 May 2005, 20:25 (Ref:1305685)   #4
Suze
Veteran

England
How is the grid decided for race two? Is it the results from race one?
Old 20 May 2005, 20:26 (Ref:1305688)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
Also, believe I am correct in saying lots of them beat Heidfeld's old lap record by a good four seconds.
Old 20 May 2005, 20:29 (Ref:1305691)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
How is the grid decided for race two? Is it the results from race one?

Euro F3 usually has two qualifying sessions
Old 20 May 2005, 20:38 (Ref:1305697)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Source:crash.net

Complete qualifying times for Race 2 of the F3 Euroseries at Spa-Francorchamps, Belguim.

1. Adrian Sutil ASM F3 Dallara-Mercedes 2m 14.641s
2. Lewis Hamilton ASM F3 Dallara-Mercedes 2m 14.932s +00.291
3. Esteban Guerrieri Midland Euroseries Dallara-Toms Toyota 2m 15.548s +00.907s R
4. Lucas di Grassi Manor Dallara-Mercedes 2m 15.742s +1.101s
5. Giedo van der Garde Team Rosberg Dallara-Opel 2m 15.935s +01.294s
6. Paul di Resta Manor Dallara-Mercedes 2m 16.062s +01.121s
7. Franck Perera Prema Powerteam Dallara-Opel 2m 16.066s +1.425s
8. Guillaume Moreau Signature Dallara-Opel 2m 16.235s +1.594s R
9. Greg Franchi Prema Powerteam Dallara-Opel 2m 16.453s +1.812s
10. Kohei Hirate Team Rosberg Dallara-Opel 2m 16.502s +1.861s
11. Richard Antinucci Midland Euroseries Dallara-Toms Toyota 2m 16.584s +1.943s
12. Sebastian Vettel ASL Mucke Dallara-Mercedes 2m 16.653s +02.012s R
13. Maximilian Gotz HBR Dallara-Opel 2m 16.933s +2.292s
14. Hannes Neuhauser HBR Dallara-Mercedes 2m 17.096s +2.455s
15. James Rossiter Signature-Plus Dallara-Opel 2m 17.119s +02.478s
16. Marco Bonanomi Prema Powerteam Dallara-Opel 2m 17.180s +2.539s
17. Loic Duval Signature-Plus Dallara-Opel 2m 17.459s +02.818s
18. Atila Abreu ASL Mucke Dallara-Mercedes 2m 17.643s +3.002s R
19. Fabio Carbone Signature SLC R1-Opel 2m 18.066s +3.425s
20. Alejandro Nunez HBR Dallara-Opel 2m 18.264s +3.623s
21. Filip Salaquarda Team I.S.R. Dallara-Opel 2m 18.550s +3.909s
22. Thomas Holzer AM-Holzer Rennsport Dallara-Opel 2m 18.564s +3.923s
23. Ross Zwolsman N/A Dallara-Opel 2m 21.967s +07.326s

R - denotes Rookie.
Thats the grid for tommorow's race, 2 out of 2 for Hamilton?
Old 20 May 2005, 21:45 (Ref:1305734)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
great to see f3 back at monaco - lewis seems to be the class act at the moment in euro f3 though it is good to see sutil matching him for race pace
Old 20 May 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1305760)   #9
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i hope hamilton doesnt start getting big headed with his success at the moment. its as clear as day that that success has asm written all over it and while i wouldnt disagree that hamilton is a fine young driver, he wont be winning race in race out in any other team or series.
Old 20 May 2005, 22:19 (Ref:1305761)   #10
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Thats the grid for tommorow's race, 2 out of 2 for Hamilton?
Umm, how can I put this? They were at SPA last weekend; this weekend it's MONACO.

There was no second qualifying session, due to everything else that's going on down there, and, as far as I know, the grid for race 2 will be the same as for race 1, so, yes, another win for Hamilton looks highly probable. All he has to do is get off the line first and hold it together for the race duration.
Old 20 May 2005, 23:26 (Ref:1305785)   #11
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
Umm, how can I put this? They were at SPA last weekend; this weekend it's MONACO.
Thats the second mistake ive made today! Hopefully I wont make anymore for the rest of the month.
Old 21 May 2005, 09:48 (Ref:1305927)   #12
racingdad
Veteran

racingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
i hope hamilton doesnt start getting big headed with his success at the moment. its as clear as day that that success has asm written all over it and while i wouldnt disagree that hamilton is a fine young driver, he wont be winning race in race out in any other team or series.
Could not disagree more.

1. he has always been quick, since cadet karting - and whenever he is in a series and winning everyone suggests that he is somehow running in a weaker series.... all I can say is that he has taken on all competitors in whatever series and hes yet to be found wanting.
2. I've had the pleasure of meeting Lweis & his family - he is a really nice young man and both he and his family are charming and well aware that he has to perform in order to succeed and very appreciative of the support he has enjoyed - a genuine case of talent not money
3. what more can he do then beat every one and stay nice and friendly?
Old 21 May 2005, 10:13 (Ref:1305936)   #13
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racingdad
Could not disagree more.

1. he has always been quick, since cadet karting - and whenever he is in a series and winning everyone suggests that he is somehow running in a weaker series.... all I can say is that he has taken on all competitors in whatever series and hes yet to be found wanting.
2. I've had the pleasure of meeting Lweis & his family - he is a really nice young man and both he and his family are charming and well aware that he has to perform in order to succeed and very appreciative of the support he has enjoyed - a genuine case of talent not money
3. what more can he do then beat every one and stay nice and friendly?
i wasnt saying that lewis is talentless. he is the best driver in the euroseries with or without asm. however with the disadvantage of not knowing his character much having not met him, considering his young age i thought it a fair argument that driving for asm and the obvious benefits that brings MAY have an effect, a negative effect, on his mentality. just a thought. i dont begrudge him for winning all the time. im not like the so called f1 fans that blame micheal schumacher and ferrari for f1's lack of spectacle. the goal of racing is to win and asm and hamilton are the perfect combination to do that in the euroseries.

like i said, i havent met lewis but even if i had there is no reason to say he could change. he is young. all im saying is i hope all this success doesnt get to his head as he can also benefit from having a few bad days now and then.

a prime example is his dq from the first spa race last week. i was delighted to read that he accepted it fully and he kept his head high and went on and won thesecond race. brilliant. keep it up!
Old 21 May 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1305938)   #14
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Street circuits are the measure of a truly talented driver.Hamilton was simply brilliant around Macau,Korea,Pau and now Monaco.I wasn't sure about him a couple of years ago but he is definately the 'real deal'.
Old 21 May 2005, 10:47 (Ref:1305955)   #15
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hamilton looks as a great star of the future, and is well supported by McLaren-Mercedes, as it was Heidfeld in the past; only I hope that Lewis won't find any Raikkonen bending his way to F1 success...
Old 21 May 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1306092)   #16
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
2 out of 2 for Hamilton, nice weekend for him and ASM. I wonder where he will go next year though, Renault world series woudnt make much sense IMO and his abilites to me say hes more than capable of winning in GP2, maybe a year of GP2 and then F1 if he does well? I know its early on in the season, but unless he really messes up badly I cant see anyone beating him to the Euro F3 title.
Old 21 May 2005, 15:21 (Ref:1306109)   #17
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hamilton will probably drive Montoya's car next year...
Old 21 May 2005, 15:24 (Ref:1306110)   #18
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimbo
Hamilton will probably drive Montoya's car next year...
I take it you are joking? As much as id like to beleive this ive heard nothing regarding any possibilty regarding anything in F1.
Old 21 May 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1306115)   #19
Frank_White
Racer

Frank_White should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Hamilton is as fast as Montoya and Kimi in the Mclaren simulator?
Old 21 May 2005, 17:29 (Ref:1306209)   #20
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
I take it you are joking? As much as id like to beleive this ive heard nothing regarding any possibilty regarding anything in F1.
Ron Dennis is McLaren's boss and Lewis' manager. Why should he waiste time with JPM while Kimi's winning races... Hamilton couldn't do worse than JPM and he would be great for marketing
Old 21 May 2005, 17:31 (Ref:1306210)   #21
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
And BTW if Lewis is not racing, he could be doing what Wurz or DeLa Rosa are doing in order to gain experience for 2007
Old 21 May 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1306244)   #22
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No offence but what a joke the F3 Euroseries has become! Why do any of the others teams bar ASM bother? Its ridiculous that a team in a series such as F3 can be so, so dominant!

Fair play to Hamilton, he's driving exceptionally well and is a real star but in terms of the series its a bit of a joke! How ASM have such an advantage I don't know but drivers like Rossiter and Di Resta who boldy went Euroseries thinking it would be great for their careers must wonder why they bothered. Unless they get themselves in an ASM seat next year then they don't stand a chance and anyway what kind of prestige is attached to winning this title if only 2 cars are capable of winning at each meeting, whatever the reasons behind it?
Old 21 May 2005, 18:22 (Ref:1306249)   #23
racingdad
Veteran

racingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Not sure exactly what the current relationship is between Lewis & McLaren - his Euro F3 deal came very late and there was clearly some sort of difference of opinion (maybe Lewis felt that he had proved himself in F3 and wanted to move up?) - whatever. One thing that is certain, McLaren have been very good management to him and IMO he will make F1, probably not next year, when F2 and F1 testing could be on the cards, but maybe the next year. Oh and I do believe that he will be a success.
Old 21 May 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1306270)   #24
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr.Dennis is traditionally a conservative, but wise mentor, and won't rush Hamilton's career along any faster than he believes is right.I think Hamilton wanted to do GP2 this year but another season in F3 has proved to be a good decision.F1 will come along soon enough, but he has to be properly prepared and totally ready for when he's finally placed in the spotlight.If he arrives too soon then it could all go pear-shaped very quickly.Hamilton probably wants to be there now but he should trust in his management.
Old 21 May 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1306271)   #25
Suze
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimbo
Hamilton couldn't do worse than JPM and he would be great for marketing
To start with, please let's keep this about driving ability rather than skin colour / background's and marketing ability (even though that is a large part of motor-racing nowadays)...

I think the best thing for Lewis to do would be some sort of F1 testing role next season - I know it's only May, but he's looking extremely strong to win the title with six wins out of eight races so far. He's a good driver in a strong car and team so it looks like his success this year will continue, and he won't need / shouldn't do another year in Euro F3. *If* he had the opportunity to have an actual F1 drive next season, I have no doubt that he would do well and adapt and again be successful. It's just a question of when that time will come....