Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 May 2016, 01:45 (Ref:3641972)   #776
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Ouch. But then again I think everyone else on the grid would likely be No2 to Verstappen, especially with Marko as the boss.

Normal operations may have to wait a few weeks until after Monaco.
I don't think Marko had any choice in promoting Verstappen, either do that or lose him was the stark reality that he faced. Everyone seems to think that favoritism played the biggest part when in reality it was in all probability just a cold blooded business deal which obviously will not excite the millions of forum experts on the internet.
Old 16 May 2016, 01:53 (Ref:3641975)   #777
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would not get too excited about RB's win, they are still nearly a second a lap behind Mercedes. Monaco will be a leveller but after that it will be MB and daylight second. I can't believe the hype that has occurred and lack of reality surrounding this race win as nothing has changed in reality, MB has not suddenly lost performance and no way RB has leap frogged Ferrari in real terms and now equals MB.
Old 16 May 2016, 02:19 (Ref:3641977)   #778
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I wonder what it feels like to know you have just become a No.2 driver for the rest of your time with RB?
feels like Webber to Renault.
Old 16 May 2016, 02:44 (Ref:3641981)   #779
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
looks like gtrmagic already made this joke in the race thread
Old 16 May 2016, 06:12 (Ref:3642000)   #780
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
I wonder what it feels like to know you have just become a No.2 driver for the rest of your time with RB?

Normal boring operations will resume when Mercedes return to the grid. RB and Ferrari are still nearly a second per lap behind when it is all said and done.
lol Daniel Ricciardo is still number 1 driver for RB.
Old 16 May 2016, 07:07 (Ref:3642008)   #781
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope (and am sure that) Dan is'nt panicking like some of the posters on here.Remember he out qualified Max and led the race all the way until the team got wrong footed on strategy.
Old 16 May 2016, 07:21 (Ref:3642012)   #782
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
I hope (and am sure that) Dan is'nt panicking like some of the posters on here.Remember he out qualified Max and led the race all the way until the team got wrong footed on strategy.
But also factor in that Max had not driven the car before FP1 and had never driven a race distance in it, that made it even more impressive to me.
Old 16 May 2016, 07:45 (Ref:3642016)   #783
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Daniel never panicks. He asked the question why he was on the 3 stop strategy but everyone was saying it was the best option to win at the time. Didn't work out for him, but that's racing. Happens all the time.
Old 16 May 2016, 08:27 (Ref:3642021)   #784
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
lol Daniel Ricciardo is still number 1 driver for RB.
LOL, for this week anyway, enjoy it while you can because Verstappen is only going to get quicker which as an Ozzie I find rather depressing to tell the truth.
Old 16 May 2016, 15:20 (Ref:3642135)   #785
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
with all the talk about how ruthless the RB young drivers programme is...part of me feels Mclaren's programme is just as ruthless, if not more so, while offering far fewer opportunities to those involved.
Old 16 May 2016, 16:04 (Ref:3642148)   #786
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It's all ruthless. Remember the shenanigans surrounding Schumacher's debut? Moreno got the boot from Benetton pretty sharpish and Jordan didn't know what hit him. I wonder if Schu hadn't his problem back then in Spa would he have that race? Indeed, the other car was in contention for victory that day..

Ricciardo looks set to be the Gerhard Berger of the 21st century. No doubt he'll be over shadowed by Verstappen.
Old 16 May 2016, 16:13 (Ref:3642152)   #787
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
It's all ruthless. Remember the shenanigans surrounding Schumacher's debut? Moreno got the boot from Benetton pretty sharpish and Jordan didn't know what hit him. I wonder if Schu hadn't his problem back then in Spa would he have that race? Indeed, the other car was in contention for victory that day..

Ricciardo looks set to be the Gerhard Berger of the 21st century. No doubt he'll be over shadowed by Verstappen.
Good one about Schu at Spa, very plausible isn't it?

I don't agree with the second part. Ricciardo made Vettel look fairly ordinary 2 years ago (although we still don't know the exact reasons for Seb's lack of pace) and he has already proven that he can seize the opportunities to go forwards in race when they come up (failed move on Vettel on Sunday aside!)

I guess it just depends on whether Marko wants to start favouring drivers in that team all over again. I suspect that won't happen until next year though at the earliest! Max needs to bed himself in more even though he won and Ricciardo has done enough good work for that lot in the last 2.5 seasons to deserve the right strategy calls.

Unless the insiders know something about his ultimate ability that we don't, of course!
Old 16 May 2016, 17:40 (Ref:3642185)   #788
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

I don't agree with the second part. Ricciardo made Vettel look fairly ordinary 2 years ago (although we still don't know the exact reasons for Seb's lack of pace) and he has already proven that he can seize the opportunities to go forwards in race when they come up (failed move on Vettel on Sunday aside!)

I guess it just depends on whether Marko wants to start favouring drivers in that team all over again. I suspect that won't happen until next year though at the earliest! Max needs to bed himself in more even though he won and Ricciardo has done enough good work for that lot in the last 2.5 seasons to deserve the right strategy calls.

Unless the insiders know something about his ultimate ability that we don't, of course!
In 2014 I thought Vettel is just another lucky boy. But now, it all comes down to Red Bull having the best junior driver lineup in the whole paddock. Ric, Ves, Sainz, Kvyat and hell even JEV could be a world champion.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 16 May 2016, 18:25 (Ref:3642203)   #789
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Does Vergne have a shot at a Ferrari seat next year, if - as I expect - they let Räikkonen go?
Old 16 May 2016, 19:04 (Ref:3642228)   #790
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
No. DR will be in the Ferrari seat
Old 17 May 2016, 00:25 (Ref:3642288)   #791
Casper
Veteran

I still do not see the Verstappen promotion as ruthless unless you think Verstappen is the ruthless party which is more than possible, in fact probable. Move me up or we go elsewhere, Ferrari would seem to be the obvious place and RB had no choice but to agree.
Old 17 May 2016, 00:38 (Ref:3642292)   #792
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I still do not see the Verstappen promotion as ruthless unless you think Verstappen is the ruthless party which is more than possible, in fact probable. Move me up or we go elsewhere, Ferrari would seem to be the obvious place and RB had no choice but to agree.
I don't quite see why Ferrari would be behind such a subterfuge, if it indeed it exists. It's not as if Verstappen was predicted to win the race, since his sudden move from TR to RBR.

This is more to do with the Renault deal and keeping DM happy.
Old 17 May 2016, 01:02 (Ref:3642295)   #793
Casper
Veteran

The results in the race are not at issue, it is the move for Verstappen that occurred and led to the result that interest me and if RB had not agreed what the outcome would have been. Verstappen is very talented, either coached or natural might be debated and his path to the top team within the RB group was being blocked because there are only two seats so he either looks elsewhere (or says he will) or RB agree to promote him at the expense of one of their other drivers. Tin foil hat?? possibly, but in the end just good business dealings. I get the impression he has no intention of serving any sort of apprenticeship of any length and just wants to move onward and upward.
Old 17 May 2016, 01:29 (Ref:3642298)   #794
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The results in the race are not at issue, it is the move for Verstappen that occurred and led to the result that interest me and if RB had not agreed what the outcome would have been. Verstappen is very talented, either coached or natural might be debated and his path to the top team within the RB group was being blocked because there are only two seats so he either looks elsewhere (or says he will) or RB agree to promote him at the expense of one of their other drivers. Tin foil hat?? possibly, but in the end just good business dealings. I get the impression he has no intention of serving any sort of apprenticeship of any length and just wants to move onward and upward.
''onward and upward''; he's sitting pretty.
Old 17 May 2016, 02:11 (Ref:3642303)   #795
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I get the impression he has no intention of serving any sort of apprenticeship of any length and just wants to move onward and upward.
Is that Mr M.Verstappen's view or Mr J.Verstappen's?

It can't be a coincidence that having manoeuvred Mr M.Verstappen into the top team that This has now happened...

There is nothing left to do...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 May 2016, 03:28 (Ref:3642319)   #796
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Or possibly it was part of the deal. Red Bull agreed to promote MV, otherwise they would lose him, but added a rider that JV step aside.
Old 17 May 2016, 05:48 (Ref:3642334)   #797
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Or possibly it was part of the deal. Red Bull agreed to promote MV, otherwise they would lose him, but added a rider that JV step aside.
Very possible...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 17 May 2016, 06:27 (Ref:3642337)   #798
Neppatsrev Xam
Racer

Netherlands
Neppatsrev Xam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Is that Mr M.Verstappen's view or Mr J.Verstappen's?

It can't be a coincidence that having manoeuvred Mr M.Verstappen into the top team that This has now happened...

that story is not true

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/n...agement-falsch
Old 17 May 2016, 14:17 (Ref:3642405)   #799
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Well, Vettel had such a drop in form it seemed attributable to the change in regs in which Vettel wasn't able to come to terms with. Berger was a very strong driver in his day above the likes of perennial number two Jochen Mass, for example, who was reliable and steady but lacked pace. DR is more a Berger type and has that speed but it seems quite likely to me he'll be overshadowed by Verstappen such is the Dutchman's talent.
Old 17 May 2016, 15:29 (Ref:3642413)   #800
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Ricciardo vs Verstappen is going to be fascinating. If DR can handle Max, his stock will rise very highly indeed (I already rate him as a very quick driver). But do the powers that be at Red Bull want two drivers going at it hammer-and-tongs, or do they want a star and a rear gunner ("Not bad for a number two")? History might suggest the latter, in which case Ricciardo might have to look elsewhere.