Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Nov 2020, 01:48 (Ref:4015923)   #2526
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
One would hope one would know the difference, between the foothills and the summit.
When your climbing a new mountain, it may not be obvious.

Richard
Old 11 Nov 2020, 09:01 (Ref:4015936)   #2527
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh God. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH-znoEJhno
Old 11 Nov 2020, 09:45 (Ref:4015940)   #2528
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I am not an expert, or in any way trained in medical science what-so-ever. But I do know the company I work for manages a medical trials app for one of the "big pharma" companies (there are probably some horror stories on CatInfo.org about them). I'm the person who sets up the trials. They seem to have between 200-400 people per trial. I set them up with a max number of people of 500 a time. I have no idea what the drugs or trials are as it's all codenamed. In saying that, I just see random IDs for the people so there are no guarantee that these are in use. Anecdotal evidence from someone who doesn't know much. I'm thinking of starting a website...
So that would make you the Judas goat I guess.

When something near and dear to you dies inexplicably, and you research the only thing it could reasonably be, and you get to catinfo and other websites that dovetails exactly with the experience, symptoms, and final fatal result of a deeply scarring experience you pay attention. Catinfo was just a well laid out example, that I thought I would share of a direct experience.

Quite what do you tell yourself to help you sleep at night when one of the guinea pigs you have recruited has a severe adverse reaction to one of the tests you signed them up to?

Feel free to be as disrespectful as you like, I'll take it from whence it comes.

Last edited by wnut; 11 Nov 2020 at 10:11.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 09:48 (Ref:4015941)   #2529
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Melbourne will happen. Just how.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/77n...QuuhYUKDuyvXBA
Old 11 Nov 2020, 10:51 (Ref:4015953)   #2530
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I really don't see Melbourne happening.

But, could the GP be held on another circuit in another part of the country?
Old 11 Nov 2020, 11:37 (Ref:4015963)   #2531
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
So that would make you the Judas goat I guess.

When something near and dear to you dies inexplicably, and you research the only thing it could reasonably be, and you get to catinfo and other websites that dovetails exactly with the experience, symptoms, and final fatal result of a deeply scarring experience you pay attention. Catinfo was just a well laid out example, that I thought I would share of a direct experience.

Quite what do you tell yourself to help you sleep at night when one of the guinea pigs you have recruited has a severe adverse reaction to one of the tests you signed them up to?

Feel free to be as disrespectful as you like, I'll take it from whence it comes.
Ah yes, I herd people up for killing. It would be wise not to suggest someone be an accomplice to such acts whilst also preaching about disrespect. I would ask for any evidence you have, but I can see that evidence is perhaps not the most highly valued commodity in this discussion. Perhaps I can find some information regarding this on CatInfo.org.

Anyway, change of topic. I have a bridge on a fake sound stage on the edge of the flat earth that was an inside job for sale. Fancy it?

---

Any 2021 is going to be filled with * all the way down. I don't see Melbourne happening in March to be honest.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 12:35 (Ref:4015971)   #2532
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bob Dylan is the Judas GOAT.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 13:10 (Ref:4015976)   #2533
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Any 2021?

Nah, there's only one surely?
Old 11 Nov 2020, 13:28 (Ref:4015978)   #2534
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Depends which calendar you are using.

Although I suppose with this one there has been a previous 2021, but people didn’t call it that at the time and cars weren’t invented then.

Can someone get us back on track please and say that they have only released the calendar to keep shareholders happy and they have no chance.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 13:39 (Ref:4015982)   #2535
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I really don't see Melbourne happening.

But, could the GP be held on another circuit in another part of the country?

Doubtful, F1 only races on FIA Grade 1 circuits and Albert Park is the only Grade 1 circuit in Australia.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 13:56 (Ref:4015987)   #2536
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Can someone get us back on track please and say that they have only released the calendar to keep shareholders happy and they have no chance.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 14:19 (Ref:4015996)   #2537
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just hope those in F1 see sense and allow Imola, Mugello, Portugal and Germany back on the calendar. Those tracks have shown enough that they deserve to be on the calendar, more than others that have been on the calendar in recent times
Old 11 Nov 2020, 14:26 (Ref:4015999)   #2538
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
They had to cut special deals for those tracks, in the case of Imola there was a deal to split the entry money for the 13k spectators (See December Motorsport). I'm not sure what other things were part of the deal though.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 14:35 (Ref:4016001)   #2539
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Any guesses on the April 25 to be announced date?
Old 11 Nov 2020, 14:49 (Ref:4016004)   #2540
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
When your climbing a new mountain, it may not be obvious.

Richard
It better be or it could all go horribly wrong.

Getting back on track, I think they have only released the calendar to keep shareholders happy and they have no chance.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 15:17 (Ref:4016011)   #2541
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Old 11 Nov 2020, 16:14 (Ref:4016013)   #2542
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
thats a difficult situation and one i can sympathies with. we lost a pet about 15 years ago now to 'unknown' causes only to later find out the pet food we used was potentially tainted and later subject to a massive recall. at the time, the cost of testing/autopsy by the vet was well outside our ability to afford so all we have are our assumptions so i can sympathize with where you are coming from.

i suppose this all must seem like it is very off topic, but today of all days i think it is important to remember that many of the things we take for granted often come to us with a price tag measured in lives lost or broken. F1 is, of course, not exempt from this history, in fact in some respects this sport has very real and disconcerting ties to some of those same conflicts gone by.

is Covid such a conflict? in the last few days, i have heard many politicians claim it to be. history will tell but until then we all get to ask questions and have our own opinions about it without the need to be marginalized by the community they chose to share their story with. i myself also took a little jab at your story in an earlier post so i would like to apologize for that. my bad and given my own experience, i should have known better. sorry.

trying to be more on point, as a Canadian we are currently embroiled in escalating tensions with China, are seeing government resources being spent to counter growing Russian influence, not happy with our gov'ts decision to sell arms to Saudi Arabia but more so appalled by what they want those weapons for, and for sure i dont even want to talk about what is going on with our neighbours to the south...

maybe its all just jingoism and i must support my country's interests first or maybe it is the realization that the post covid world needs to be a more equitable one...for sure i am just ranting though.

but for real, more so then in years past i really find myself questioning F1's desires to be in places that, i would suspect, most fans dont want to see them going and i question they types of 'shareholders' the sport is beholden to.

i certainly dont think anyone is evil if they dont agree with this...i think Richard pointed out earlier that we are all on our own journey through all of this so for me in the brink of a new lockdown and on Remembrance Day im just feeling it a bit more today.

thanks for reading and i would say tip your servers but the restaurants may already be shutdown where you live.

Peter, i love your sig and am willing to take on multiple shifts holding down the bar!

Last edited by chillibowl; 11 Nov 2020 at 16:21.
Old 11 Nov 2020, 21:20 (Ref:4016054)   #2543
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
When something near and dear to you dies inexplicably, and you research the only thing it could reasonably be
I don't think anyone is trying to be insensitive to anyone's particular grief. While not a death, I have a close relative who was prescribed a particular colonoscopy prep solution that had an unlisted adverse side effect of causing kidney damage. Because of the pervasiveness of this, the solution was pulled from the market and I think the company is bankrupt, but the relative has to forever deal with significant kidney damage.

Richard
Old 11 Nov 2020, 21:48 (Ref:4016059)   #2544
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Doubtful, F1 only races on FIA Grade 1 circuits and Albert Park is the only Grade 1 circuit in Australia.
That could be overcome though couldn't it?

Mike Massi could give someome on the Australian Motorsport board a call to discuss.

Bend, Sydney MS Park wouldn't need a lot to get a Grade 1?
Old 11 Nov 2020, 23:34 (Ref:4016075)   #2545
TheMightyM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
That could be overcome though couldn't it?

Mike Massi could give someome on the Australian Motorsport board a call to discuss.

Bend, Sydney MS Park wouldn't need a lot to get a Grade 1?
Probably, with enough time and money. And it might leave a track that works less well for other types of racing.

Grade 1 status is fairly rare. Exactly five circuits in the Americas (Montreal, CotA, Mexico City, Interlagos plus Indy’s road circuit) have it. I could list 15 or so U.S. circuits that are used by IndyCar and/or IMSA that are FIA Grade 2, including famous tracks like Watkins Glen, Sebring, Road America, and Laguna Seca. That none of those have pursued Grade 1 status shows that the cost of obtaining it is significant.

The Grade 2 circuits in Australia are Surfers Paradise, The Bend, and Bend, Sydney Motorsports Park.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 01:20 (Ref:4016083)   #2546
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Thank you Chilli, and thank you Richard your compassion, and I am sorry to hear about the harm you have suffered, it is just awful when the health of one’s family suffers when medical treatments go wrong.

The point that I was trying to make was that the distributors of Convenia know that the product causes real harm; as you pointed out Richard, the trial covered only 300 cats and more significantly was cut short after two weeks which neatly avoids discovering the damage the drug does as the symptoms only become evident more than two weeks after the dosage is administered; the point of the website reference was to show that the company knows the real harm that the drug is causing, yet persists in supplying it. This is unethical in my opinion.

The Covid19 pandemic has seen Governments around the world backed into a place that is unsustainable and needs a solution, they have identified a Covid vaccine as a priority, or escape and are funding the research, and the trials and tests are being “expedited” or short cutted through the normal channels.
Governments have additionally guaranteed that the whole population will be vaccinated and signed non liability agreements ensuring that the pharmaceutical companies cannot be pursued for adverse reactions that people in the population may suffer.

The financial incentives for producing a solution and implementing a vaccination program are clearly huge and the liability is zero as it is underwritten by the public sector, hardly a recipe for best practice.

Interesting article here for those interested:

No-Fault Compensation for Vaccine Injury — The Other Side of Equitable Access to Covid-19 Vaccines

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2030600

“But large, up-front financial commitments to manufacturers are only half the solution when it comes to ensuring that companies will be willing to participate in the COVAX mechanism for vaccine distribution. Equally important is offering companies protection against potentially substantial liability should Covid-19 vaccines cause real or perceived injuries to recipients. Manufacturers won’t agree to procurement contracts or ship vaccine without liability protection.”

Separate question: If the research being conducted into Covid is in the public good and financed by the public, why is it not open sourced?

Anybody seen: The Constant Gardener?

At this point, I apologize for derailing the thread, and will not comment further on this.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 01:30 (Ref:4016085)   #2547
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Probably, with enough time and money. And it might leave a track that works less well for other types of racing.

Grade 1 status is fairly rare. Exactly five circuits in the Americas (Montreal, CotA, Mexico City, Interlagos plus Indy’s road circuit) have it. I could list 15 or so U.S. circuits that are used by IndyCar and/or IMSA that are FIA Grade 2, including famous tracks like Watkins Glen, Sebring, Road America, and Laguna Seca. That none of those have pursued Grade 1 status shows that the cost of obtaining it is significant.

The Grade 2 circuits in Australia are Surfers Paradise, The Bend, and Bend, Sydney Motorsports Park.
The Victorian Government loses $85 million dollars a year sponsoring the GP.
From a local motorsport infrastructure point of view the money could not be spent worse, each year they convert a park into a grade 1 circuit and then tear it down each year. Quite what the cost without the 300 000 ??? attendees would be, is horrifying to think of.

The Bend Motorsport Park is a 7.7 kilometre bitumen motor racing circuit at Tailem Bend, South Australia, 100 kilometres south-east of the state capital, Adelaide. The complex has a 7.77 km (4.8 mi) bitumen circuit, drag racing strip, and drift racing circuit. Wiki

The above is a very remote circuit which could well satisfy GP racing's needs.
Again someone else will be able to confirm.

Currently The Bend Motorsport Park has a full FIA Grade 2/FIM Grade A circuit, making it eligible to host international categories such as the World Endurance Championship, IndyCar, and MotoGP

https://www.whichcar.com.au/opinion/...k-in-australia

Bathurst would probably satisfy the requirements too. That would get their attention!

Last edited by wnut; 12 Nov 2020 at 01:43.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 01:48 (Ref:4016086)   #2548
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Any guesses on the April 25 to be announced date?
Hopefully Sepang
Old 12 Nov 2020, 09:32 (Ref:4016110)   #2549
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bathurst is a Grade 3 and has restrictions on single seaters running on the course. The Bend is not a 5 minute job to upgrade to a Grand 1.
Old 12 Nov 2020, 11:58 (Ref:4016139)   #2550
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Bathurst is a Grade 3 and has restrictions on single seaters running on the course. The Bend is not a 5 minute job to upgrade to a Grand 1.
All they would need to do is the minimum necessary run off/sand traps and probably reprofile the exit of the last corner as the pit wall seems a bit close to the edge of the track.