Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 4 Jun 2005, 09:14 (Ref:1319796)   #1
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
V8 Supercars 2 - That dreaded licence!

Hi there Gamers,

Can anyone help, aid, advise, or just push me through this wee issue that I have with V8 Supercars 2?

I am progressing through the licence, or have done so far, reasonably well. Now I am up to the truck race at Road America - for memory - and Five-O starts at the front, and I am further back.

Perhaps it is that trucks aren't made for racing or that I can't drive or something, but it is the cause of epic frustration.

Has anyone else had the same issue? The trucks are pigs, I know, but it can't be unpassable, surely.

All advice will be warmly received.

Thanks in advance!
Old 5 Jun 2005, 10:57 (Ref:1320422)   #2
the man
Veteran

the man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes that one is hard, it took me a couple of times to do it. As much as i can remember racing clean isn't an option here, you have to biff and barge your way through. Also i beleive it is easier sliding the trucks through the corners and getting a bit of oversteer on the exits. But i also believe that practice makes perfect, so try doing practice laps around Road America and get your lines perfect the nit should be easier. Anyway that is just my idea
Old 5 Jun 2005, 11:24 (Ref:1320434)   #3
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I found the trucks awesome because they were something different. Sure they are horrible to drive and if you get stuck behind someone its very hard to pass on tight circuits because they are soo big. But i found it pretty easy in the end.

Basically for Road America truck race the start is crucial, if you can gain 2-3 places on the first lap it would be ideal otherwise you can get bogged down and frustrated.

Ill do the race myself in about 1 hr after Moto has finished at Mugello and see whether i can pick anything up to help you--as i finished this race quite a while ago.

best of luck for your attempts though.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 23:33 (Ref:1320949)   #4
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks team. It does get frustrating, and that doesn't really enhance your driving ability.

That Five-O sod is just flipping rigged to do it. One of the other savages keeps turning me around. Sure, rubbing is racing, but there is a difference between rubbing and getting punted up the bum!
Old 6 Jun 2005, 00:37 (Ref:1320967)   #5
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
Thanks team. It does get frustrating, and that doesn't really enhance your driving ability.

That Five-O sod is just flipping rigged to do it. One of the other savages keeps turning me around. Sure, rubbing is racing, but there is a difference between rubbing and getting punted up the bum!
Have you found out where their weak spots are yet? Clearly they are pretty good through the first 2 corners. Then T3 you can use a bit of biff and barge to get up the inside of one and to help with your late breaking.

Then that little left hander i think you can make gains over there, just dont run it wide (well dont run it wide anywhere, these things are so easy to spin....ARGH) Another overtaking place would have to be that nice left hander before the fast hairpin (if you call it that) or sweeping right hander in the shape of a U. Thats where most of my positions are gained, because then you have that flat out right handed kink then the slow right hander, where you can again brake late and bifff and barge.

But the best place is the last corner, you can brake real deep into there and use a defensive position on the way out. And once you hit the lead, its pretty easy to defend that position.

best of luck.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 03:28 (Ref:1321017)   #6
Just Do It!
Veteran

Clearly, I am lacking here......
Old 6 Jun 2005, 04:17 (Ref:1321028)   #7
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
Clearly, I am lacking here......
Yeh actually for the last 20mins i went to Road America put the difficult on 110% and started from last position--8th.

The best i could do for quite a while was ending up 5th after the first lap. It is a dousy for sure.

But just remeber follow them as close as you can for the first two corners and you are sure to pick up a few posi's at the next left hander as you brake late, turn in early and boot it up that hill.

Im sure you will know where the comps are awesome, and where you are quicker.

You'll get there.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1324275)   #8
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are you on auto or manual gearbox? I found the trucks were quicker if I switched to auto.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 06:58 (Ref:1326085)   #9
Just Do It!
Veteran

Oh really. Shyte-amatic here I come based on that!