Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Oct 2008, 12:16 (Ref:2320523)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the best bet is for you to keep the kettle on and interesting guests at your awning. That way we'll lay off the beer and learn something useful too.

Old 25 Oct 2008, 13:44 (Ref:2320563)   #27
Mark Griffiths
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire, U.K.
Mark Griffiths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Won't be at Ricard unfortunately.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 08:59 (Ref:2322365)   #28
fasted
Racer

England
fasted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a little confused by the apparent plethora of events held for classics at Spa. Is there just one big meeting (6 Hrs) with lots of championships organisers including the various races in their chanpionships or are there in fact several seperate race meetings containing endurance type events for classics, if so which is the best?
Old 28 Oct 2008, 09:10 (Ref:2322372)   #29
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Terry/Peter-You can answer Eric in detail other than its the best annual meeting for proper people.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 09:11 (Ref:2322374)   #30
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone still going to Sebring either in Dec or Feb/March
Old 28 Oct 2008, 09:13 (Ref:2322375)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The mid summer classic had some one-hour races and was run by the HSCC (?) but the biggest one is the 6Hr which is an FIA recognised event. However there are european series/championships that also visit Spa during the year. I guess it is really one of the three classic/historic circuits (barring Le Mans which is only used sporadically), that is also a current F1/international race circuit. The others are Silverstone and Monza.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 09:42 (Ref:2322402)   #32
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Terry/Peter-You can answer Eric in detail other than its the best annual meeting for proper people.
Cant think why you suggested us John!.However,just to add to Peters response,there are three Big events scheduled for Spa next year,the first to have a hopefully large Brit attendance is the Spring classic,possibly happening in the middle of May,Barry should have a slot in this,RMU is the organiser.
There will also be another chance mid summer for a similar event[no details yet]but it should hopefully be mid July and organised by the RAC de Spa Then of course the BIG ONE! Starting the 25th Sept.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 10:06 (Ref:2322424)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Oops, forgot Monaco but like Goodwood that's a bit less mainstream.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 12:02 (Ref:2322487)   #34
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Monaco not till 2010
Old 28 Oct 2008, 13:19 (Ref:2322546)   #35
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Cant think why you suggested us John!.However,just to add to Peters response,there are three Big events scheduled for Spa next year,the first to have a hopefully large Brit attendance is the Spring classic,possibly happening in the middle of May,Barry should have a slot in this,RMU is the organiser.
There will also be another chance mid summer for a similar event[no details yet]but it should hopefully be mid July and organised by the RAC de Spa Then of course the BIG ONE! Starting the 25th Sept.
Update for penciling in at the moment. May 15-17th RMU,various races for us to enter. July 1st-3rd,Summer Classic with various races and one for Youngtimers[70s cars]Roadbook are doing this again.
Old 28 Oct 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2322714)   #36
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

There wou;d be two races for Jag plus 6 hrs.Its superb
Old 28 Oct 2008, 20:23 (Ref:2322798)   #37
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget the german ADAC is organising a perfect yearly weekend at Spa with historic endurance racing and several nice single seater groups racing . a well organised weekend altogether.
Old 29 Oct 2008, 21:35 (Ref:2323840)   #38
fasted
Racer

England
It`s an Ill Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Anyone still going to Sebring either in Dec or Feb/March
John, You won`t be surprised to hear I sold all my Dollars last week! A "Buck,Fifty One" was too hard to resist.
Anyone able to post links to the best Spa websites ?
Old 16 Nov 2008, 11:52 (Ref:2335738)   #39
fasted
Racer

England
Are there any events held at Monza suitable for pre-1966 GT cars. As one of the great circuits it has to be on the "To Do" List
Old 16 Nov 2008, 12:31 (Ref:2335755)   #40
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

There is a Monza meeting first weekend of June.
Old 16 Nov 2008, 12:52 (Ref:2335770)   #41
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasted
John, You won`t be surprised to hear I sold all my Dollars last week! A "Buck,Fifty One" was too hard to resist.

www.redwater.be for the six hour organisers,or the actual circuit site just type in Spa Francorchamps.be that will/should give all the info you need for next season.
Old 16 Nov 2008, 13:41 (Ref:2335791)   #42
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasted
I think you should have waited it will be 1 to 1 at this rate by the end of the month.
Old 16 Nov 2008, 14:42 (Ref:2335822)   #43
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

What are you doing next year? Less by the week with currency problems and general downturn in all things financial.Tour Auto and UK based races.
Will try and save some dosh for Spa!
Am pleased for the great 24 bods that it will not effect.It will cost about 2/3 K in direct costs to race at one meeting in Europe and thats two sets of decent golf clubs.
Old 16 Nov 2008, 21:31 (Ref:2336048)   #44
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
John, how many sets do you need? Hope we do see you and your cars out next year.

(Sent you an email, recently, hope you received it)
Old 16 Nov 2008, 22:30 (Ref:2336077)   #45
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Had already replied!
Old 16 Nov 2008, 22:42 (Ref:2336085)   #46
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks, John, just found it in my over zealous spam filter!
Old 16 Nov 2008, 23:18 (Ref:2336101)   #47
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I'm just going to chill out on the beach and have a good think !

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 16 Nov 2008 at 23:21.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Nov 2008, 01:56 (Ref:2336139)   #48
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully getting remaining sefety equipment in the car, getting carb needles sorted and replacing U/J's. If that all works out finance-wise I hope to manage at least 1 race during the year. Will undoubtedly lose very badly and destroy my £20 a corner tyres in about 3 laps but sod it....
Old 17 Nov 2008, 08:03 (Ref:2336222)   #49
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I recon if this financial crap gets much worse a lot of plans are going to be put on hold. I have just had some arses close the company on me after I paid them for £3380 worth of printing machine that was'nt delivered, if this is how it is going to go from here on in racing will soon become a very low priority for many of us. The panels I need to repair my car have just gone up by about 50% due to the crash of the pound so thats on hold unless i can sort some 2nd hand stuff over here, not looking good at all, may have to just concentrate on survival over all else and I was trying to be positive on this credit crunch stuff but I have suddenly had a very loud wake up call that this is for real.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 17 Nov 2008 at 08:10.
Old 17 Nov 2008, 08:39 (Ref:2336237)   #50
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16345037@N03/2866554498/
As long as San Miguel don't increase their prices I know what suits me at the moment !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !