Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 May 2009, 05:39 (Ref:2454948)   #101
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6 View Post
Surely you mean croissant mes ami?

The spelling was in sympathy with Delta.
Old 4 May 2009, 05:49 (Ref:2454951)   #102
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Aren't Qassons a rare and indeed very nearly extinct Australian marsupial?
Old 4 May 2009, 06:15 (Ref:2454954)   #103
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
And another thing the home made jam is now 2.75 euros a jar.My Mum would be livid . Thanks for the thought Eddy most of the 4 hours was explaining to passing teams that stopped to help what the problem was.
Old 4 May 2009, 08:45 (Ref:2455021)   #104
Racesport
Rookie

Italy
Milano, Itlay
Racesport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Pedersen View Post
Hi Eddy
The problem was a blown head gasket, and I had not did not have an extra, next time I will.
But it was great seing Carlo with his lovely Ensign.
Thank you Henrik,

It was nice to meet you and to see your beautiful Pallister!

I had a problem with the clutch, so i did not race after practices!

I'm repairing the car for Monza.

Kind regards.

Carlo
Old 4 May 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2455066)   #105
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Hmm. They are written for 1024 max dimension in case people wish to view at a typical modern day screen size once clicked. Note sure why they are taking a while to load - but I think you are right about that giving the apparent delay. Seems to work better hosting on Flickr, even at the same dimensions and compression, so I need to investigate further.
They are actually 1259 X 851px. Although the pictures are resized they are not compressed and are over 250kb each so all thirteen will total 3.5 to 4mb which is what is causing the delay even on a fast BB download
Old 4 May 2009, 10:30 (Ref:2455086)   #106
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob View Post
They are actually 1259 X 851px. Although the pictures are resized they are not compressed and are over 250kb each so all thirteen will total 3.5 to 4mb which is what is causing the delay even on a fast BB download
Ah! You're right, I've uploaded 1280 versions not 1024. I think the jpeg compression setting is aboout 80% but the application I use has a fast 'send to web' mode which does not provide a reminder by default so it's easily overlooked.

But apart from that I still see some odd things from time to time with speed when accessing the hosting server for the initial connection so I suspect there may be a problem of some sort there as well.
Old 4 May 2009, 10:37 (Ref:2455088)   #107
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Grantp
Are you going to Silverstone International this week-end? If so could you kindly advise me where you will be standing? Please do not stand at Copse whatever you do.

Actually I must say that spin was rather well controlled - Innes Ireland would have been proud of me.
Old 4 May 2009, 22:21 (Ref:2455493)   #108
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Marcus,

I'm not sure about Silverstone. It seems we have a Masters Race at Donington - a track that I could walk to from home but perhaps not carrying the camera gear and lasting a full day with any comfort.

On the other hand I have some friends who will be with you at Silverstone I believe, all being well.

If I am at Silverstone I could avoid taking any shots of your race or, possibly, look the other way when you come round - if you think it might help.

However, as I was not at Spa, statistically I could propose that my presence actually reduces your rotational potential. We should, perhaps, attempt to test this theory scientifically. So if not Copse where else would you predict as a good location for this experiment?

And yes I agree it was rather well controlled. I especially liked the way you addressed the assessment of possible oncoming traffic at the earliest opportunity.

Tags
historic motorsport, spa francorchamps