Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 May 2009, 21:01 (Ref:2459551)   #51
Tainan
Racer

United Kingdom
Sussex
Tainan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC are not using TSL this year. they have gone back to MST.
See: http://www.mstworld.com/msportrounds...2009&series=UK
Old 10 May 2009, 22:54 (Ref:2459625)   #52
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
educate me here
is MST wold not TSL in a new name that was MST timing?
Old 10 May 2009, 23:29 (Ref:2459643)   #53
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
An excellent two days racing. Large grids, access to the garages and paddock and committed racing. All for £15.

Shame the Classic meeting will charge over 5 times as much for one extra day.
Old 11 May 2009, 06:06 (Ref:2459748)   #54
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yep fantastic meeting and a big thanks to Alan and Fay and all there mates in Orange especially the Marshall's at Bridge who pulled the Elite out of the gravel for me, got her turned round and let me get back out to rejoin the race. THANK YOU.. Down side now i need to apologise for being so rude to some people PT for one I'm getting so grumpy in my old age. Final straw was a FJ racer who asked me what to do as he had failed the noise test on Sunday morning . Answer from me read the F-----g regs.!!!!!!!!!!!.Oh yes nearly forgot bought a model of my Dads JW Automotive Truck which i hope is going to give him a boost as he is still in hospital and poorly.
Old 11 May 2009, 07:52 (Ref:2459807)   #55
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
educate me here
is MST wold not TSL in a new name that was MST timing?
No, as I also learned only recently, although one part of MST was sold off to become TSL, they are separate entities and both provide a timing service. HSCC were with TSL last year but for this year have gone back to MST.
Old 11 May 2009, 08:31 (Ref:2459854)   #56
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
and MST isn't working . . .or haven't uploaded . . . .yet.
Old 11 May 2009, 09:10 (Ref:2459890)   #57
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
thanks for info John i was bereft with confusion and you would not like me when i am confused!
Old 11 May 2009, 09:14 (Ref:2459893)   #58
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well that's all the time, then, because you're always confused!
Old 11 May 2009, 09:24 (Ref:2459902)   #59
Robert Farrell
Racer

Robert Farrell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
What's this about E Types being checked yesterday with Papers and Scrutes.One example wider by 3" than any built in period.
Our E Type was "Pulled" after practice. We got a *******ing for having the wrong carbs, SU`s, on the the form. We recently changed to Webers and haven`t got the new page inserted yet. We were 1148KG. Well over the 1000KG minimun. How did everyone else get on ??
Old 11 May 2009, 09:25 (Ref:2459904)   #60
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome Robert.
Old 11 May 2009, 09:33 (Ref:2459912)   #61
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Fay
I am sorry I did not see you on Saturday but in testing on Friday I had problems with my engine not running right and so thought it prudent not to do the race.
See you at the start line next time!
Trotty
Old 11 May 2009, 10:33 (Ref:2459961)   #62
Fay
Veteran

England
Silverstone
Fay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD.T View Post
Hi Fay
I am sorry I did not see you on Saturday but in testing on Friday I had problems with my engine not running right and so thought it prudent not to do the race.
See you at the start line next time!
Trotty
Hi

I heard you had problems.

I guess it will be at Mallory if you are there.

Regards

Fay
Old 11 May 2009, 11:54 (Ref:2460027)   #63
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
He wont be racing at Mallory Fay . The F3 lot are a load of woozies.Ive just had a lovely e mail from the driver of the TVR that blew in front of me at Bridge and sending me into the gravel.What a wonderful thought and just epitomize the comrade in historic racing.
Old 11 May 2009, 12:12 (Ref:2460044)   #64
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aha! So t'was you in the gravel. Just as well the Elite is gravel yellow. TVR was still dropping oil like there was no tomorrow on the run to Becketts - he had a bit of a moment on his own oil down the pit straight. Not the right place for one of those.....
Old 11 May 2009, 12:35 (Ref:2460072)   #65
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Peter.

Ref your post in another thread. I agree the International circuit is possibly the best configuration at Silverstone (although I love driving the GP circuit) but I wonder why we like it so much when it has that seriously heavy braking hairpin?

Iain,

When I read there was an accident in the FF2000 race I hoped it wasn't you.
Old 11 May 2009, 12:41 (Ref:2460079)   #66
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with the International being FAR better than the national,but what a shame Silverstone hasn't got a license for the "F1" test circuit,that's even better than the International.Perhaps when the GP returns there,they will get it licensed.
Old 11 May 2009, 12:44 (Ref:2460081)   #67
Peter Horsman
Racer

The first one, Becketts(?) on to the Int'l bit is quite hairy on the approach, and I accept that the Abbey hairpin is only hairy because of people locked up on one's inside, arms flailing around on the steering wheel with great plumes of smoke issuing forth from the stationary tyres.

But the run between the two is nice, and one invariable feels that, if one was more skilful/committed, Bridge should be taken quicker (except Iain, obviously), and the Luffield complex makes more (though far from total) sense.
Old 11 May 2009, 12:53 (Ref:2460093)   #68
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Horsman View Post
The first one, Becketts(?) on to the Int'l bit is quite hairy on the approach,
Yes, its amazing how different the lines are there between the GP circuit and the International. Big kerbs at Ireland bends too.

Quote:
and I accept that the Abbey hairpin is only hairy because of people locked up on one's inside, arms flailing around on the steering wheel with great plumes of smoke issuing forth from the stationary tyres.
Yep.

Quote:
But the run between the two is nice,
I've seen some biggies there where cars have tangled. That second apex needs to be taken really late otherwise it's grass, tarmac, grass, tarmac all the way down to the hairpin.

Quote:
and one invariable feels that, if one was more skilful/committed, Bridge should be taken quicker (except Iain, obviously), and the Luffield complex makes more (though far from total) sense.
Agreed.
Old 11 May 2009, 12:56 (Ref:2460097)   #69
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From a spectator point of view the two hairpin speed corners look a bit mickey mouse in terms of design. However it seems that none of the section linking the two is spectator accessible so far as I could tell so there may be more to it than there seemed to be from a driver perspective.
Old 11 May 2009, 13:37 (Ref:2460121)   #70
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Hang on Horseman you came past me going Ito Bridge in BRDC race went to quick and nearly ended in gravel all on your own.Don'T tell me it was your co driver.?It was not me Peter but i am repairing the car for the driver this very minute . Well when Ive finished my cup of tea,. Hang on i can sense a post from Eddy coming up.
Old 11 May 2009, 13:48 (Ref:2460129)   #71
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Hang on Horseman you came past me going Ito Bridge in BRDC race went to quick and nearly ended in gravel all on your own.Don'T tell me it was your co driver.?It was not me Peter but i am repairing the car for the driver this very minute . Well when Ive finished my cup of tea,. Hang on i can sense a post from Eddy coming up.

Dont worry Iain,I dont think he'll say anything.
Old 11 May 2009, 14:04 (Ref:2460142)   #72
Peter Horsman
Racer

It wasn't me, either, Iain.
Old 11 May 2009, 15:54 (Ref:2460212)   #73
RICHARD.T
Racer

RICHARD.T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Delta
A cup of tea sounds good. When shall I come over?
Old 11 May 2009, 17:04 (Ref:2460268)   #74
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had an anonymous F3 race in my Modus - I had a black FF2000 on my tail the whole time but I managed to stay ahead, I reckoned he was also a 10/10ths guy so that spurred me on! No way I could keep up with my usual sparring partner (Tom Thornton 1978 Argo BMW). It was a bit slippery in the race. I like the International circuit especially Bridge and the next corner. And I did not spin (new tyres obviously help).
And I was home for (a late) dinner Saturday! Only problem was the onboard camera which ran out of battery at Becketts on the first lap!
Marcus
Old 11 May 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2460275)   #75
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Did you manage to open fuel cap Marcus.?