Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 23 May 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3409441)   #1
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Motorsports Greatest Weekend

Forever , this has been the weekend I have always looked forward to. Over the years with family vacations, and a wedding or 2 , the Sunday races of this weekend always took priority in scheduling. I can remember one year being at a beautiful lake house with a large family gathering. On Sunday while everyone was at the dock sunning or on the lake skiing, there I was in front of the t.v. from 8 a.m. - 11p.m. in complete and total bliss. Never really cared for a sunburn anyhow.

Now a days with all the race programing that is televised this weekend, I write the schedule down on a dry eraseboard next to the tv. I will DVR everything so I can review any critical moments. Usually right after the Indy 500 its time to burn some meat on the grill and get ready for the 600. I have always enjoyed how Indy pays tribute to the men and women in the armed forces who keep us safe and free so we can enjoy this past time.

What are your traditions for motorsports greatest weekend?
Old 23 May 2014, 17:04 (Ref:3409487)   #2
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Tomorrow it's also my birthday!
Old 24 May 2014, 12:18 (Ref:3409777)   #3
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a great weekend to have a birthday! Have a good one !
Old 24 May 2014, 20:52 (Ref:3410002)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is a great, long day of racing. With it being a holiday weekend, it sometimes becomes difficult to spend a day in front of the television, but if it can be done, it is very enjoyable. I sometimes get a little worn out, & I have found myself listening to the NASCAR race on radio while doing some fishing.
Old 25 May 2014, 13:12 (Ref:3410279)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NBC has cocked up the start of the day royally! Starting the live broadcast a half hour into the race itself only to show a tape delay on NBCSN 30 mins after the checkered flag falls. WTF is that about? I don't think that has been done for the other races this year or maybe it is the area I am in, which is different than normal.

Oh well. Hope the delayed broadcast is a full one.
Old 27 May 2014, 12:20 (Ref:3411277)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Motorsport greatest weekend it may be to some.

Mine was World rallycross followed by world motocross.

Not everyone thinks circuit racing is the be alla nd end all yknow
Old 28 May 2014, 07:51 (Ref:3411654)   #7
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In Australia, the greatest weekend of motorsport was traditionally on the NSW Labor Day weekend, the first Sunday of October for the Bathurst 1000. We sit on the lounge all day, eating snacks, with a bbq lunch and plenty to drink.
Old 2 Jun 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3414427)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's the weekend after next.........
Old 2 Jun 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3414446)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A perfect weekend is one where you go and watch one thing on Friday, maybe something else on Saturday night and then top it off with something completely different on a Sunday.

I do not understand one event weekends really, I prefer a bit of variety and luckily these days you really can go and watch all sorts of different motorsports for very little money.

Easter weekend I was watchign stock cars on Good Friday, drive up to watch a bike enduro Sunday, and on the way back took in a totally differnet type of stock cars on the way back.

And on Monday went to watch rallycross.

Variety is the spice of life.
Old 3 Jun 2014, 06:13 (Ref:3414596)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 11 Jun 2014, 15:58 (Ref:3418739)   #11
Cookie85
Rookie

Cookie85 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to agree with Chunder here, I prefer to be able to get some variety than a one event weekend
Old 12 Jun 2014, 18:59 (Ref:3419474)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Bravo sir

There is sanity still here, I guess it's coz theya re all in France!
Old 13 Jun 2014, 11:39 (Ref:3419874)   #13
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
In Australia, the greatest weekend of motorsport was traditionally on the NSW Labor Day weekend, the first Sunday of October for the Bathurst 1000. We sit on the lounge all day, eating snacks, with a bbq lunch and plenty to drink.
To be totally pedantic, it was the Sunday immediately prior to the first Monday in October.

Some of the best Bathurst races were run on the 30th September.

While the date has changed the tradition in our house continues.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 07:57 (Ref:3422419)   #14
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
To be totally pedantic, it was the Sunday immediately prior to the first Monday in October.

Some of the best Bathurst races were run on the 30th September.
I always thought I was the only punter who realised that, I'm so glad I'm not alone. The 30th of September was my late Dad's birthday. I do remember sitting with him, eating and drinking and watching the race together for the whole day.

I just simplified it for the great unwashed.