Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 8 Nov 2014, 20:09 (Ref:3472893)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Journey to Le Mans

Anyone know anything about this documentary? Wondering if it was worth seeing. Apparently follows the fortunes of the Jota squad during the 2014 race, and is being shown at my local 'Vue' cinema next Tuesday. Promo suggests a 'Live Q&A' session as well, but not sure who with! According to Vue the cast includes Mark Webber and Allan McNish..... Mmmm
Old 9 Nov 2014, 12:36 (Ref:3473134)   #2
mcgc0
Rookie

mcgc0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Early seat bookings near me leave just the rubbish seats left - will wait for youtube or dvd release.

Live Q&A might either be just within the documentary (i.e. Q&A session to team members during the race) or someone from the Jota team at a showing. However, it seems that if all the showings are next Tuesday evening then the Jota team can't have people at every venue!

If you do make it Mike post up your review/comments...
Old 9 Nov 2014, 17:42 (Ref:3473184)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Hi mcgc0 and welcome! I've done a bit of homework and appears the DVD comes out on the 24th and ITV4 are showing a shortened version of the documentary that night as well.

The 'premier' is at Vue Leicester Square at same time as film is being shown at all the others, and the film crew, team etc will apparently be at that event. Maybe the 'live Q&A' takes place there and is being streamed to the other cinemas....

Think I'll wait and put the DVD on my Christmas list!

Old 9 Nov 2014, 21:30 (Ref:3473255)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
exactly that - the q&a is taking place at the leicester square premiere with the "winning team" and the film-makers, and will be shown at all the other screenings at the same time. the drivers in particular always have something interesting to say, and the story of how the director came to make it sounds pretty random as well.

i'm heading to the leicester square screening - really looking forward to seeing how they dramatise the event and to see what the cars look like on the big screen.
Old 10 Nov 2014, 07:26 (Ref:3473356)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks for the clarification, Bella! Agree about seeing on a big screen.

Senior discount available, VIP seat available, and train times work. I may yet make the Norwich venue.......

Old 10 Nov 2014, 07:45 (Ref:3473358)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the heads up on this. Might see if I can get a pass out for this one. Permission has only been granted once in four years though so we will see!
Old 10 Nov 2014, 13:52 (Ref:3473408)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just booked tickets to see it Leeds tomorrow night, looking forward to it.

From what I heard on Radio Le Mans last week the Q&A is going to be shown at all venue's.
Old 10 Nov 2014, 18:12 (Ref:3473468)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
From what I heard on Radio Le Mans last week the Q&A is going to be shown at all venue's.
As confirmed by bella. Guess only those at Leicester Square will be able to ask questions though!

I've booked as well, apparently not many seats sold in Norwich. Hopefully that will mean not too many popcorn munchers and drink slurpers......

Old 12 Nov 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3473859)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Feedback / reviews on Le Mans thread in Sportscar forum.....