Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jan 2004, 00:13 (Ref:839811)   #26
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
You clearly know something we don't, my dear.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 07:13 (Ref:840018)   #27
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, we'll miss him when he's gone
Old 16 Jan 2004, 09:30 (Ref:840112)   #28
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like this one:Schumacher concluded with a smile: 'I need a steering wheel in my hands and four wheels around me to be happy in my life.'
Old 16 Jan 2004, 10:50 (Ref:840187)   #29
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't imagine any neutral F1 fan wanting TGF to win yet another title. But it's different if you're a fan of his of course.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 10:54 (Ref:840193)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do you think Schumacher has decided yet?
Old 16 Jan 2004, 10:57 (Ref:840198)   #31
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I hope so...
And i don't hope he cotinues...

Will the horror never end?
Old 16 Jan 2004, 11:21 (Ref:840224)   #32
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
judging by yopur posts ASCII.. id say youre TGF's no.1 fan!!!
Old 16 Jan 2004, 11:27 (Ref:840227)   #33
davemorganfan
Racer

davemorganfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are we never gooing to see the back of him? It's about time a rule was introduced to limit the number of F1 races a driver can take part in. They should be made to take a 2 year sabbatical at the end of the year in which they have done, say, 180 GPs. Then we might see some newcomers in a sport where the opportunities for new drivers are few and far between.

Last edited by davemorganfan; 16 Jan 2004 at 11:29.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 11:57 (Ref:840249)   #34
Redblurr
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes you will see the back of him, well the other drivers will on the track this year I hope
Old 16 Jan 2004, 13:22 (Ref:840322)   #35
oblivion
Rookie

oblivion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi there.

Personally I don't think he should retire yet, he needs to be beaten first, preferably by Raikkonen. Anyway he seems to be past his peak now so hopefully this should happen this season.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 13:40 (Ref:840352)   #36
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by oblivion
Hi there.

Personally I don't think he should retire yet, he needs to be beaten first, preferably by Raikkonen. Anyway he seems to be past his peak now so hopefully this should happen this season.
Welcome to 10 Tenths, enjoy posting here.

It will certainly be another tight year, it will be interesting to see how motivated MS is, if the McLaren's and William's are as fast, or even faster, than this years Ferrari, and the season turns into an epic.

Maybe he will relish the fight, or maybe he will think that Kimi, JPM and Alonso are geting that bit too close for comfort and decide that enough is enough.

Whatever, 2004 has the makings of a classic year.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 14:06 (Ref:840397)   #37
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO he's incredibly motivated to stay; just a strong accident could make him change his mind; but I don't think even his worst hater among us could ever wish that!
Old 16 Jan 2004, 14:36 (Ref:840439)   #38
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by davemorganfan
Are we never gooing to see the back of him? It's about time a rule was introduced to limit the number of F1 races a driver can take part in. They should be made to take a 2 year sabbatical at the end of the year in which they have done, say, 180 GPs. Then we might see some newcomers in a sport where the opportunities for new drivers are few and far between.
Cmon now, your not serious?! :confused:

Theres already a rule out there that covers this, and its really pretty staight-forward,

Racing Rule 1 states- go out, drive hard, be quick, and just beat him, thats it!
Old 16 Jan 2004, 14:46 (Ref:840463)   #39
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, Gp racer, claiming hirs retirement just to see one's fav winning is not very honourable, particularly for the fav.
I mean it would be quite humiliating if someon wins cos of MS forced retirement!
Much better to win beating him, i guess.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 15:05 (Ref:840488)   #40
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed climb!

The lengths that some people want to go to be rid of Michael, only proves how great he is.

Last edited by GP Racer; 16 Jan 2004 at 15:07.

Danica Patrick
Old 16 Jan 2004, 15:54 (Ref:840549)   #41
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just because he's said he might continue past 2006 doesn't mean he will. It strikes me as highly unlikely that he'll still be motivated and competitive by then.

2004 will be a crucial year in terms of the long term flow of Formula 1. With potential champions in the three challenging teams (5 if you count Button and Webber as superstars and BAR and Jaguar as being able to break through), Michael will need to ahve his wits about him, and Bridgestone may have a lot of work to do. Failure to win could see Michael leave straight away, although he may decide to have one last crack at regaining the title if he feels he can still do it. He's overdue a few reliability problems and misfortunes as well, maybe this will be the year his luck runs out.
Old 16 Jan 2004, 17:16 (Ref:840645)   #42
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:"maybe this will be the year his luck runs out."

They've hoped for this since Michael won his 3rd title, and now, he's nabbed his 6th..
Old 16 Jan 2004, 17:28 (Ref:840650)   #43
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good interview with him in the Telegraph today - he is open about intending to leave if his team-mate is consistently faster than him, but says that if another team wins there isn't too much that can be done about it and that that in itself would not cause him to retire.

As for his luck running out - tht only makes any sense if you accept that it is luck! The truth is that the more you practice, the "luckier" you get. He works stupendously hard and gets all the "luck" that he deserves.