Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Oct 2015, 16:03 (Ref:3586438)   #126
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yep, this was aforementioned private school, of which he spoke highly of in his book. he was there a year, and was doing his gcses exactly a year behind everyone else. and for what it's worth, did a 3 day school week to allow time for motorsport.

sorry, but he was (is?) a class act straight away, better spoken and mannered than any of the girls i went to serious private school with from age 9-16. excuse the pun, but it's academic. if the parents raise a good child, then he will be a good adult.

i appreciate your keenness to stereotype and to paint a picture of what he was up against and to explain it as something in his favour, but it's not really fair to exaggerate it beyond reality.

that's still no excuse for hanging round with the kardashian/jenner crowd though
Old 29 Oct 2015, 16:40 (Ref:3586443)   #127
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No matter how much icing you put on a cake it is still the same cake.

I am not attempting to 'stereotype' merely expressing my own reading of the difference between Lewis and Nico on track. Lewis had a much tougher early life, and it this I believe that gives him that 'ruthless' attitude to wheel-to-wheel racing.
I could be wrong and it is something he learnt at your private school, in which case I must remember never to upset YOU!

Kind regards,

Bauble.
Old 29 Oct 2015, 16:50 (Ref:3586446)   #128
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I finally got to watch this last night. It was a great race! ...right up until it was completely ruined at the end.
Old 29 Oct 2015, 17:12 (Ref:3586449)   #129
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I could be wrong and it is something he learnt at your private school, in which case I must remember never to upset YOU!
ahahaha, to be fair this *was* one of those colleges where you chilled with russian kids whose dads were "businessmen", but they never said or knew exactly what type of business. i had a feeling it was waste disposal

honestly i think we're arguing broadly the same point, but it's just the semantics we differ on. my counter point to the assertion to his early years shaping his on track attitude is simply that i can think of at least one impeccably brought up young man from a well off background full of pleases, thank yous and unsolicited help, but who races like an absolute demon, as if his life genuinely depends on getting to the finish first without taking anyone else out in the process. i think some people just really, really love winning.
Old 31 Oct 2015, 08:27 (Ref:3586826)   #130
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yes some people thrive on the competition and there's always the winning is like a drug element which I suppose for some professionals is the most important thing in their life.
The crunch comes, possibly, when other factors start to enter the equation such as family. Some drivers have admitted it's taken some focus away, and made them think there's more to life and some say it's simply made them more relaxed and comfortable and enables them to get on with their driving better.

I think Lewis is definitely a driver who is at his best when things are settled and not conflicting in his life.

He has been so much less distracted this year and his driving has been superb as a result.
Old 31 Oct 2015, 09:08 (Ref:3586835)   #131
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I'm a bit late putting this up but here's some video of my F1 weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j876ZeVUTzs
Great video. You covered a lot of ground. Pit shots were amazing.
When I saw Elton walking across the stage, I had a flash back
of his duck costume for some reason by the way he walked.