Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 21 Nov 2002, 13:38 (Ref:433954)   #1
Tobesterr1
Rookie

Tobesterr1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get Flammini out of WSBK!!.........NOW!!

How much more decimation of the WSBK field is Flammini going to allow. I've just read that Benelli have also now pulled out of the championship leaving the spectacle that WSBK once was, looking like an amateur series.

This situation was seen by us the fans as long ago as 1997 when it became obvious that the rules would allow a twin domination to happen. I'm surprised that it has taken so long for this farce to occur. Why the man didn't listen and prepare the series for the rules to be changed to allow unrestricted machines in I don't know. He has allowed the series to be ripped apart before even considering introducing the obvious rule changes needed.

Flammini likes having power and the greatest power you can have over a series is to keep all involved dangling on tenderhooks awaiting the news they all need.............Restrictions lifted.

He's playing a game with some sort of vague notion that he is similar to God. The almighty with the right to take a series to the brink and then bring it back at the last moment and then claim to be the saviour of WSBK.

He was at a joint meeting that was held that had representitives from AMA and WSBK, at this meeting the AMA decided to run without restrictions and with this knowledge Flammini should of been able to work out that both AMA and BSB are leading the Superbike class in taking the sport forward. He should of come straight out and acknowledged that both series will be feeding teams and riders into WSBK in the future and announced that from 2003 some form of ruling would be worked out to allow the restrictions to be lifted in practice for 2004 and that officially from 2004 the new rules would be totally implemented.

Even then it will be a few years too late, this should of been dealt with long ago. The series has been in decline, forget the Bayliss v Edwards battle that only served as a cover for the trouble brewing for next year.

He is just using his powers of tenancy at the helm to make his own rules up as he goes along, the man is just below contempt.

I read through chinese whispers on the net that he is considering now allowing the restrictions to be lifted for 2003, once again allowing the last breath to almost befall WSBK before he drags it back from the brink. Most teams are already commited to AMA and BSB where the rules have already been changed to allow the 1000's in and both those series look like being crackers next year so it's now too late for the WSBK championship rule changes or not.

How can a so called business man let his 'business' fall into decline and then as he will do claim he is saving the series by now introducing the rules we all needed for this year??

SBK will thrive from 2004 with the factories and riders coming back but he should not be at the head of the table where he can mastermind this sort of 'titanic sinking' scenario again!!

Get him out......Now!!
Old 22 Nov 2002, 03:56 (Ref:434426)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
let 1000cc bikes in now - it cant be that hard.... another boring ducati benefit in 2003
Old 22 Nov 2002, 11:32 (Ref:434544)   #3
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who will be there to challenge next year.

Foggy maybe, but unlikely

I still haven't heard a firm answer on Aprilia, are they in or out? They would be stupid to pull out, with Ducati getting a new bike, this would be Aprilia's best chance of a title.

Tobesterr1 - i have to agree, the latest decision making has been a shambles
Old 22 Nov 2002, 15:12 (Ref:434719)   #4
Tobesterr1
Rookie

Tobesterr1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aprilia are out of WSBK mate, the series is a shambles and it's such a shame, we need both on a world level to give us the best diversity of bike racing..............I won't be giving Flammini my money next season I'm afraid and I've been attending WSBK for 12 years now, sorry but it's GP for me next year, you don't see Dorna resorting to this sort of rubbish.
Old 24 Nov 2002, 08:15 (Ref:435647)   #5
SPman
Rookie

New Zealand-Maori
West Australia
SPman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who is left in WSBK?
Old 24 Nov 2002, 10:17 (Ref:435683)   #6
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sadly, I think the WSBK is on it's last legs the way it is going. The only manufacturer still confirms is Ducati, while all the others appear to have pulled their factory teams and we'll be lucky to see any Honda's, Suzuki's, Kawasaki's or Aprilia's on the grid next year.

I think MotoGP has just too much of an edge now...