Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Feb 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2628712)   #26
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Who ??
That pay driver that Santander are backing
Old 7 Feb 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2628727)   #27
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
That pay driver that Santander are backing

Right on.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 19:31 (Ref:2628747)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Just out of interest, during or after the season?
After, but announced during season.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 00:46 (Ref:2628927)   #29
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I'm not so sure. They've got 2 decent drivers right now, one of which will be there as long as he wants to be, whilst Kubica wants to go there, they've got Bianchi on their driver development programme and are soon to add more, Weber says Hulkenberg will be there in 3 years, and Vettel as well?
Simple - expect to see 6 Ferraris on the grid in 2013.

You heard it here first
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 8 Feb 2010, 01:08 (Ref:2628941)   #30
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
Simple - expect to see 6 Ferraris on the grid in 2013.

You heard it here first
Yes, that's six 2013 Ferrari's, six Ferrari's with the previous seasons chassis, and six Ferrari's with the chassis from the season before that. Sound familiar?
Old 8 Feb 2010, 01:53 (Ref:2628962)   #31
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
1. schumacher will win the first 3 races
2. sauber will be top 3 in the WCC after 2 rounds
3. the title fight will go down to the last round with 4 drivers: hamilton, vettel, schumacher and alonso all capable of winning the title.
4. hulkenberg will have more than double barrichello's points at season's end
5. lotus will be the highest points scorer of the new teams
Old 8 Feb 2010, 09:32 (Ref:2629134)   #32
Monstersuzuki
Rookie

Wales
Aberhonddu
Monstersuzuki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1: Kobayashi will score at least 1 podium
2: Sauber will be in the top 3 constructors
3: Campos will make the grid but won't last more than 3 races
4: Stefan GP will replace Campos
5: Lotus will score the most points out of the new teams
Old 8 Feb 2010, 09:58 (Ref:2629149)   #33
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1- Button will be demolished by Hamo, but wont detonate like alonso.
2- Points wise, Rosberg will be Schumachers closest team mate ever.
3- There will be a fairly big shunt in the first laps of one of the first 3 GPs.
4- The Renault will be a dog.
5- Schumacher and Alonso to have arguably the best on-track battle at some point through the season
Old 8 Feb 2010, 19:16 (Ref:2629456)   #34
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmmm....

1) Alonso to win the WDC with at least 6 wins to his name
2) Hamilton destroying BUtton in same car, cos Button can't drive anything but a perfect car. Bit like Trulli really...
3) Trulli to wipe the floor with Kovalainen, and qualify on pole once
4) Vettel truly coming of age this year, Webber will not be able to contain him. Nor will MW win another race.
5) Kobayashi finishing off the over-rated career of the Spanish cheat. (DLR if you hadn't guessed)
Old 8 Feb 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2629466)   #35
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
2) Hamilton destroying BUtton in same car, cos Button can't drive anything but a perfect car. Bit like Trulli really...
Hamilton only won races in 2009 when the car was "perfect".

Quote:
5) Kobayashi finishing off the over-rated career of the Spanish cheat. (DLR if you hadn't guessed)
I guessed 'Teflonso', because I wasn't aware that DLR had cheated or had been thought to have been cheating?

And my next prediction is.............
Old 8 Feb 2010, 20:03 (Ref:2629487)   #36
herowassenna
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Hamilton only won races in 2009 when the car was "perfect".
Hamilton won races when the car was raceable. Let's be honest The Macca was never "perfect". Also it's KERS system gave it a huge advantage at times. Likewise Ferrari won at Spa, not because it was "perfect" but it was raceable and the KERS allowed it to beat the Force India. My point is Trulli has staggering qualifying pace, but can't generally maintain it into a race unless the car is perfect. Button dominated the first half of 2009 but frankly disappointed when the upgrades worked against him. He cannot drive around a problem.

Quote:
I guessed 'Teflonso', because I wasn't aware that DLR had cheated or had been thought to have been cheating?
Yes DLR had sent emails to Teflonso about results from testing about secrets they were using gained from Ferrari. DLR obviously wasn't highlighted by the media as
1) He wasn't a reigning world champion
2) he wasn't going up against the British darling, a British team and the British media.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 20:05 (Ref:2629491)   #37
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
And my prediction was correct.

On to the next one.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 20:08 (Ref:2629495)   #38
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Button dominated the first half of 2009 but frankly disappointed when the upgrades worked against him.
So what you are saying there is that the "upgrades" were developed for Barrichello?
Old 8 Feb 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2629507)   #39
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Can you take your argument elsewhere chaps? It'll be a pain in the arse having to wade through this in 10 months' time.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2629517)   #40
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Can you take your argument elsewhere chaps?
Consider it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
It'll be a pain in the arse having to wade through this in 10 months' time.
Is that what you're predicting?
Old 8 Feb 2010, 20:51 (Ref:2629523)   #41
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You just know that the same arguments will be raging by the end of the season. The excuses will be pouring out as ever. "Jenson couldn't warm his tyres up" or "Lewis got taken out by Driver X in the Y Grand Prix" or "the McLaren was too unreliable for a meaningful comparison". Such things are never resolved in the eyes of some
Old 8 Feb 2010, 20:57 (Ref:2629527)   #42
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
The usual favourite is that so-and-so would have easily won if he'd been driving such-and-such. If only that were anywhere near to being the case.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 20:58 (Ref:2629528)   #43
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or, hamilton would have walked it had Micheal not parked it at X corner during qualifying the Y grand prix ...
Old 8 Feb 2010, 21:33 (Ref:2629541)   #44
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
3) Trulli to wipe the floor with Kovalainen, and qualify on pole once(DLR if you hadn't guessed)
Are you suggesting the Lotus is going to be a perfect car?!

And I know I had 5 predictions, but can I add another one?

6. Ralf Schumacher will be back on the F1 grid in 2010.

If that one turns out to be right I think my head might explode.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 8 Feb 2010, 23:45 (Ref:2629592)   #45
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK I have been slow on this, but the weather is good here at this time if year
Quote:
5) There will be no new winners, driver-wise and team-wise (something I predict every year but it's got to stick at some point)
I will take that one, because Mercedes is new

1 TGF will win a more than one race, but neither He or Mercedes will take a Championship
2 Rosberg will break through for a win, but only once
3 Alsonso will start slower but be on top of Massa (WDC) from Race 5
4 The Cosworth motor will overtake the Mercedes as the "best" in F1 - not sure how this can be verified though, because they don't have the best Chassis... OK lets say Williams will finish 5th in the WCC

...and the big one...

5 The history books will be "re-written" and there will be a "World Record" number of points scored in 2010
Old 9 Feb 2010, 07:09 (Ref:2629700)   #46
grumpyf14d
Rookie

United States
London
grumpyf14d should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. TGF wins 3 races and comes in 3rd in drivers champoinship making a strong second half of the season
2. USF1 doesn't run there own car until the fourth race then gains a few points at the end of the year in there own car (thanks to the new point system)
3. Ferrari wins 50% of the first 6 races and wins the constructors but is not good in the second half of the season
4. Hamilton beats Button
5. Vettle wins the drivers championship in the last race with 5 drivers all within reach at the end (TGF, Vettle, Hamilton, Alonzo, Massa)

Surely has the making of the most interesting year in F1 for quite some time if not ever. It's already been one of the craziest off seasons in recent memory. I'll buy the first round to the guy who can predict the makeup of the field at the half way point including the drivers.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 08:23 (Ref:2629717)   #47
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso Swift View Post
I will take that one, because Mercedes is new
If you look at the list of winning F1 constructors, you will see Mercedes on there
Old 9 Feb 2010, 10:42 (Ref:2629787)   #48
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here goes then;

1. Button will score more points than TGF
2. Renault will average less than 2 points per race
3. Force India will get one pole position
4. No new team will get a pole (I don't count Mercedes as a new team in this case)
5. Alonso will finish 4th in the WDC
Old 10 Feb 2010, 05:38 (Ref:2630403)   #49
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If you look at the list of winning F1 constructors, you will see Mercedes on there
Touche!
Old 10 Feb 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2630560)   #50
herowassenna
Veteran

Quote:
So what you are saying there is that the "upgrades" were developed for Barrichello?
I didn't realise that everything has to be spelt out....
Rubens is a better development driver, he would have reported back to the team whether an upgrade was better or not. In case you have forgotten he raced for Ferrari for 5 season, where TGF came to rely on his work as much as his own.
Bored now.....