Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Jun 2017, 08:02 (Ref:3746204)   #1
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
2017 FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX - Grand Prix Weekend Thread

Round eight of the 2017 Formula One World Championship sees teams and drivers head east to the Caucasus and the city of Baku, home to the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

Circuit Information.

Tyre choices.

Azerbaijan Fast facts.
https://www.formula1.com/en/video/20...zerbaijan.html

2016 race highlights.
https://www.formula1.com/en/video/20...zerbaijan.html
Old 23 Jun 2017, 10:50 (Ref:3746226)   #2
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
FP1 results. Bulls up front.

Old 23 Jun 2017, 11:29 (Ref:3746229)   #3
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The circuit reminds me of Detroit

Hope Force India can get Checo's car repaired for FP2
Old 23 Jun 2017, 14:25 (Ref:3746263)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
And BANG goes another Honda lump
Old 23 Jun 2017, 15:05 (Ref:3746266)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Honda doing it again...

So chaotic with so many yellows. That narrow piece if track perhaps needs a rethink
Old 23 Jun 2017, 16:24 (Ref:3746275)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
or you know... drivers could behave themselves
Old 23 Jun 2017, 18:13 (Ref:3746294)   #7
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
or you know... drivers could behave themselves
Not driving into walls would seem to be the obvious solution.

Red Bull have got to hope that Max didn't punch a driveshaft into the gearbox with his sideswipe. They're looking quick this weekend and don't need a grid drop for a gearbox change.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 22:02 (Ref:3746322)   #8
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Round eight of the 2017 Formula One World Championship sees teams and drivers head east to the Caucasus and the city of Baku, home to the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

Circuit Information.
Have Mercedes sponsored the timing sectors?
Old 24 Jun 2017, 02:14 (Ref:3746343)   #9
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
And BANG goes another Honda lump
Apparently the transmission and not the engine?

Richard
Old 24 Jun 2017, 08:30 (Ref:3746382)   #10
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
40 spots back please Mr Alonso.

Mercedes have apparently bought to the attention of the stewards an extra "oil" tank on the Ferrari. Interesting.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 10:11 (Ref:3746394)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
autosport reporting that they've amended the turn 8 kerbs, but also that sean gelael binned it there during the gp2 race. so it might just be that it's a hard corner and it needs respect
Old 24 Jun 2017, 11:37 (Ref:3746399)   #12
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
FP3 results. Finnish ahead.

Old 24 Jun 2017, 11:41 (Ref:3746400)   #13
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
autosport reporting that they've amended the turn 8 kerbs
Yep. Sergio Perez complained, so they fixed it to keep him happy. Keeping Perez happy is important to F1.

Old 24 Jun 2017, 12:17 (Ref:3746407)   #14
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The circuit reminds me of Detroit
Yeah, the first four corners - yeah, I see the resemblance.

It does look like a circuit that is very difficult to overtake on.

I think Red Bull might be good here - as it's a street circuit, and their aero and traction is good in those conditions.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 12:56 (Ref:3746419)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can't say it's my favourite race on the calendar but the Ferrari v Mercedes battle keeps the interest alive.

Time for qualifying.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 13:10 (Ref:3746421)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I can't say it's my favourite race on the calendar but the Ferrari v Mercedes battle keeps the interest alive.

Time for qualifying.
Agreed! On both.

What's more odd than Baku on the calendar? Tuning into my normal NBCSN to find Elizabeth II in a horse cart and not F1 q-ing.

To the matter at hand: Max has had an interesting weekend so far.

And there's a few cool parts to this circuit.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 13:57 (Ref:3746428)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Qualifying has been Red flagged.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 13:59 (Ref:3746429)   #18
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Daniel gets loose and makes contact with the wall contact. that might just do it.

Really interesting session this Q3
Old 24 Jun 2017, 14:02 (Ref:3746430)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Red flag should make for an exciting last couple of minutes!
Old 24 Jun 2017, 14:11 (Ref:3746431)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Lulu get's pole, with over half a second. I think he'll win tomorrow.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 14:11 (Ref:3746432)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
wow from LH. well done by Stroll!
Old 24 Jun 2017, 14:15 (Ref:3746433)   #22
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, there goes a great season with two teams fighting for the championship straight out the window.
I ain't got the energy to watch yet another Mercedes/Shamilton dominationfest.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 14:29 (Ref:3746435)   #23
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
out of curiosity, was it the world feed that was glitchy or was that coming from my local provider?
Old 24 Jun 2017, 14:42 (Ref:3746437)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Well, there goes a great season with two teams fighting for the championship straight out the window.
I ain't got the energy to watch yet another Mercedes/Shamilton dominationfest.
I don't come to the same conclusion based on q-ing for one unique circuit with more than half the season left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
out of curiosity, was it the world feed that was glitchy or was that coming from my local provider?
Mine was fine, outside of Buxton at times, who sounded like he was talking through a straw.
Old 24 Jun 2017, 18:24 (Ref:3746477)   #25
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

On C4 the picture broke up on the onboard-car shots a few times, but otherwise OK.

I think any predictions of a "Mercedes-fest" may be a bit premature given the nature of the circuit........