Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 May 2000, 15:55 (Ref:863)   #1
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many drivers have collections of cars representing their drives through the years?

I think that MS has possibly an example of most of his Benetton chariots, as can be seen from his karting centre...

Who else do you know has their old car(s) tucked away?

I just can't imagine Damon keeping a williams in the garage!

(BTW, When I was at Autosport International in '98, I was chatting to the guy who builds the 1/5th scale models of F1 and other race cars. He said that Damon had seen the FW16 on display and asked about it. This was one of four commisioned by Williams Grand Prix themselves, and the builder had assumed that they were used as promotional tools and were to be given to the drivers. Not so.
When Damon left as World Champion, he wasn't likely to get a gold watch of course, but this would have been a gesture of appreciation from ol' Frank, I think.
It turns out the bloke offered to build Damon a model and he agreed. The price? £5000!)

[This message has been edited by Sparky (edited 13 May 2000).]
Old 13 May 2000, 17:07 (Ref:864)   #2
jarama
Racer

jarama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know that Jean Alesi is the proud owner of a 1992 F92A, sitting in his own gym, and the Lancia Delta Integrale ex-Didier Auriol, a Ferrari F40, a Dino Ferrari 246 and a Porsche 356 Coupe.