Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Jan 2007, 12:33 (Ref:1815673)   #26
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCYTravis
I'd doubt that "most" of them have provisions remotely like that.
Grand AM works differently ?
Old 15 Jan 2007, 13:19 (Ref:1815701)   #27
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you wanted to go down the non-qualifyers route (rather than messing with championships...)
you could have a mini race, say an hour race on the Sunday morn before the main event for the people who did not make it into the race. Only people who start the 1000km event have the chance of scoring points...
A certain number of competitors, say the top 12 from each category would be elegible to make the main race.
The garage situation could go like the highest placed teams, say again the top 12 cars from each catagory (if there are 48 garage slots) would get a garage in pit lane and other wise the remaining cars can have a temporary fixture in the paddock. Plus in the hour race for the slow cars, they would not have to worry about refueling or tyre changes because the race would not be long enough, but just would come into the pitlane to change drivers, much like the historic championship does now...
This would mean that everyone who came to the circuit got a chance to race and it wasn't a wasted trip...and the fans get more racing on track (even though, LMS is usually pretty good at craming the ontrack action into a weekend anyway)...it could work
Old 15 Jan 2007, 15:04 (Ref:1815761)   #28
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll enter this discussion when we have the facts happening, like JAG I think the firm entries won't be more than 50. Last year there were a bunch of season entries that never (or hardly ever) appeared on track so realistically I hope we have 50-55 entries every single round, however a Jarama (30+ cars) scenario is alas more likely than an 80+ field...
Old 15 Jan 2007, 19:40 (Ref:1815921)   #29
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
LMES - P1 + P2 + GT1
FIA GT - GT2 + GT3

Sorted?

And on the B final thought, how's about this.

One driver from each car takes out a lottery ball on saturday morning - marked A or B. Half of each class would get each.

Two 150km heats (see, that's where the lottery balls come in)with a mandatory driver change on Saturday instead of the usual qualifying - free prac. on friday would sort out the grids.

1000km race on sunday for top however many from each class from each heat. Grid based on fastest lap from the heats.
Old 15 Jan 2007, 19:55 (Ref:1815932)   #30
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
LMES - P1 + P2 + GT1
FIA GT - GT2 + GT3

Sorted?
Works for me
Old 16 Jan 2007, 06:25 (Ref:1816235)   #31
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SRT say in DSC they cannot find drivers for the LMS so it will be difficult for them to participate even when they have 2 Vettes ready to race. This goes to my previous point, many of the announcements will need a solid confirmation before we assume they will be there and some of the discussions from other threads about TV exposure, sponsoring, funding,, etc. start to become painfully visible. Nevertheless i think this will be the best season till now of the LMS and the grids will be better than next year. But 60+ cars is still a dream.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 13:34 (Ref:1816522)   #32
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by brielga
SRT say in DSC they cannot find drivers for the LMS so it will be difficult for them to participate even when they have 2 Vettes ready to race. .
is SRT looking for PAID drivers to bring sponsorhip money to the team?? or are they willing to put drivers on a salery to driver their cars??

I am sure if the SRT team would pay the drivers salery, expensies & life insureance policy they could find drivers without a problem.
Old 16 Jan 2007, 23:00 (Ref:1817047)   #33
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Regarding LMS I currently see 40-50 Teams coming (which is still a damn good figure)
Spa can accomodate around 60 cars
Nürburgring should be eglible now for 55 cars
I don´t know the track protocoll for Silverstone (can somebody find out lenght & width of the track please?)

(as for other over-subscribed championships - what route is VdeV going for? )
Old 17 Jan 2007, 08:05 (Ref:1817219)   #34
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wasn't Silverstone limited to 48 or 50 back in '05? Don't know if that was the circuit's maximum or if that's just how many cars decided to turn up.

I wonder what the limit is for Valencia...