Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 26 Feb 2016, 10:53 (Ref:3617931)   #26
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
sadly we never got Motors TV on ch71 down south...never was able to find out why, shame its gone.
I got Motors on channel 71 no problem and I'm in Kent. Obviously it's gone now - I can get it on channel 240 but that's streaming only with no way of recording it. All a bit rubbish. I suspect with the loss of channel 71 and now Sky as well they've lost themselves 99% of their audience.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 11:30 (Ref:3617940)   #27
SWCRacing
Racer

SWCRacing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sky now saying its down because MotorsTV haven't paid their bill......
Old 26 Feb 2016, 12:01 (Ref:3617944)   #28
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just for the record, it's still available on Virgin cable - or was last night, as I watched the entirety of last year's Austrian GP2 race (because I could!).
Old 26 Feb 2016, 12:02 (Ref:3617945)   #29
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have been following this story on different forums and on Facebook since it happen yesterday no one seems to be able to work out what is going on.

I have even seen one comment on Facebook from someone saying that "Called Sky about this last night was told it was a technical problem which would take 24 hrs to resolve."

It's just really really sad and there are lots of championships out there whey they have sold the championship to everyone (competitors and Sponsors) on the back of there TV package and now that is gone.

Last edited by rdjones; 26 Feb 2016 at 12:12.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 13:09 (Ref:3617960)   #30
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weird situation. I recorded on Sky 447 yesterday morning, what I recorded was there last night but the channel is now missing from Sky Sport.
Yet another reason I'm waiting for BT to actually earn the exhorbitant money they charge by getting Infinity into Leicestershire.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 13:29 (Ref:3617971)   #31
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suspect its money related.
For one, the adverts seem a lot more often recently plus free streaming like what was done for the Daytona 24 is more attractive than all those ads.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 13:31 (Ref:3617973)   #32
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"24 Hours to resolve. .." Cheques take days to clear these days....
Old 26 Feb 2016, 13:54 (Ref:3617977)   #33
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't posted in here for a while, but Motors going off air is a bit of a blow. I know some of the coverage isn't the best but for a motor sport addict it gives me the chance to see a lot off stuff from overseas and at a club level that I wouldn't have other wise watched.

Hopefully, it will get resolved quickly or if they have gone under someone/something will step in. If not I am sure certain stuff will migrate elsewhere but not all. I'll be gutted if I can't watch the V8 Supercars, Irish Tarmac Rallying or some of the Live Action Day re runs anymore.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 14:03 (Ref:3617980)   #34
emicen
Rookie

Scotland
Glasgow
emicen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But but but I've only seen Trophy Andros 384639 times so far this month, what will I do now...
Scottish MINI Cooper Cup racer [Car #3]
Old 26 Feb 2016, 17:44 (Ref:3618032)   #35
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Just for the record, it's still available on Virgin cable - or was last night, as I watched the entirety of last year's Austrian GP2 race (because I could!).
Think that was on the SkysportsF1 channel-407
Old 26 Feb 2016, 20:17 (Ref:3618075)   #36
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lets be honest, if it has gone it is not really a bad thing.

I stopped watching it years ago, as a lot of the stuff on there was total and utter garbage from anyone willing to pay for tv coverage.

It is a shame some sports have lost an outlet, but no big loss really
Old 26 Feb 2016, 20:29 (Ref:3618077)   #37
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a huge loss if you're a sportscar fan, Motors show the WEC, ELMS, USCC, AsLMS, Blancpain and British GT, other than Eurosport showing Le Mans that's all stuff no other channel covers, the same goes for just about all other Motors programming, if you're not able to get it on Motors you won't be able to get it elsewhere
Old 26 Feb 2016, 20:42 (Ref:3618081)   #38
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has not gone all that has been lost so far it seems is the channel #447 on the sky EPG? Hope to see the last round of the NZ Toyota series this weekend
Old 26 Feb 2016, 21:34 (Ref:3618096)   #39
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems it is Motors TV's decision.

http://livemotocross.com/no-more-mot...v-subscribers/
Old 26 Feb 2016, 23:15 (Ref:3618131)   #40
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley Verity View Post
It's a huge loss if you're a sportscar fan, Motors show the WEC, ELMS, USCC, AsLMS, Blancpain and British GT, other than Eurosport showing Le Mans that's all stuff no other channel covers, the same goes for just about all other Motors programming, if you're not able to get it on Motors you won't be able to get it elsewhere
ELMS and Blancpain were both on BT Sport. British GT is on Channel 4. All but British GT have official streams either on the web or through apps.
Old 26 Feb 2016, 23:51 (Ref:3618135)   #41
MartinH
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How to get motors tv back on your skybox

Hi there, I've found this info from alink which explains how to get motors tv back.

It's a little bit tekkie, but if l can do it & get it working, anyone can !

Motors TV continues off the Sky EPG on satellite, currently with encryption stopping non-Sky users from access (11082 H, Symbol Rate 22000, FEC 5/6). This setup is unlikely to continue for long without inclusion on the Sky EPG

You need to go into the options menuu, then the add channels tab, then put the abovesettings in then push the yellow button to find the channel.

To watch it again, you need to go back into the other channels tab & then select motors tv ; you cannot add motors tv to your favourites list, unfortunately.

Maybe the situation will be improved soon.

Happy watching !!!
Martin
Old 27 Feb 2016, 09:19 (Ref:3618187)   #42
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks MartinH, now watching loads of loonies crashing their bikes on sand !!
Old 27 Feb 2016, 09:57 (Ref:3618189)   #43
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But you can't record. I'm gutted, especially with the V8s coming up next week and I'm not paying bt £20 a month for the privilege. Seriously thinking of getting v8 superview to stream to my TV.
Old 27 Feb 2016, 10:17 (Ref:3618193)   #44
drewchef
Rookie

England
Huddersfield
drewchef should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I lost Motors from Freeview 71. Neither my TV or Humax PVR are compatible for the streaming service. I was thinking about upgrading the PVR to a compatible model just to get channel 240.
I think now I will wait, I have suspicions that Motors TV have more problems than they are admitting, don't be surprised if they stop broadcasting altogether.
Maybe it is time for someone else to step in and, with some fresh ideas, gather all the best of motorsport television in one place. Then they may attract some new advertisers to enable it to stay on the free to view platforms.
Old 27 Feb 2016, 12:15 (Ref:3618221)   #45
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedworx View Post
How do you reach that conclusion? The article you have quoted makes no mention of whose decision it was, nor does it hint at a real explanation. It just says that Motors have not made any comment.
Old 27 Feb 2016, 12:40 (Ref:3618227)   #46
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Logik PVR's are available for £25 or so on eBay and work perfectly with Channel 240. There are many different ways of recording as well.
Old 27 Feb 2016, 12:45 (Ref:3618230)   #47
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Strange that Channel 71 stopped broadcasting and now Sky 447 and yet Motors don't release any statements ??

In the meantime the add channel method works
Old 27 Feb 2016, 14:19 (Ref:3618244)   #48
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
John Hindhaugh from RLM has mentioned it quite stridently on Twitter in an effort to stop all the conspiracy theories, as well as posting this:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...the-facts.html

So, fingers crossed...
Old 27 Feb 2016, 18:44 (Ref:3618277)   #49
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
John Hindhaugh from RLM has mentioned it quite stridently on Twitter in an effort to stop all the conspiracy theories, as well as posting this:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/0...the-facts.html

So, fingers crossed...
There's a web attack virus on the above site !
Attached Thumbnails
virus.png  

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 27 Feb 2016 at 18:53.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Feb 2016, 19:02 (Ref:3618279)   #50
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
There's a web attack virus on the above site !
Don't follow that link! I was attacked as well. Had to turn the computer off, hoping I'm not infected.

John Hindhaugh can get as upset as he likes about speculation, but the lack of comment from Motors tv on either tv station, website, twitter, or facebook is pretty disgraceful.

It's my favourite channel, but have always wondered who would pay to advertise on the 20th repeat of a tractor pull, or the 10th showing of a computer game.