Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 30 Jul 2010, 18:11 (Ref:2735948)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
'10 ALMS Round 6 • Mid Ohio • August 1st - 7th

Schedule
Entry List
Track Map
Timing & Scoring
RLM
IMSA Site
Spotters Guide
Satellite Upper left of map, select aerial view
Weather
World Times

Qualifying: Friday August 6th, 1:55pm/13:55 local EDST ( GMT -4 / BST -5 )

Live Qualifying and Full Race stream will be available
Check at ALMS site to register for link, which is there now!!

You must be registered to get to the feed!!
I logged in with account used for Laguna, so if you registered for that race it looks as if you just need to sign in to it and you will have the feed for Mid Ohio. I suggest you check now as to not get caught out at the last minute.

Airs tape delayed on CBS August 15th @ 12:30pm EDST
& MotorsTv @ 4:30pm BST

L.P.
Old 30 Jul 2010, 18:26 (Ref:2735959)   #2
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well Libra is on the entry list. Also Diaz and Gonzales in the PR1/Mathiasen LMPC, the pair were not gone long with their exit at AJR in GTC. 34 on the list at the moment. Piece

L.P.
Old 30 Jul 2010, 19:18 (Ref:2735995)   #3
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Registered for Laguna so I should get the feed no problem !
Old 30 Jul 2010, 19:44 (Ref:2736007)   #4
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_GT2 View Post
Registered for Laguna so I should get the feed no problem !
Once you registered you're good to go, I've re-watched the Laguna event once already.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 03:04 (Ref:2736179)   #5
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Boy, the World Challenge/Trans-Am races at the Indy Toronto this year were called "Acura Sports Car Challenge" but Acura refuses to put their name on the ALMS race at Mid-O? They pulled out corporate backing from the ALMS and they damn-well meant it!

Chris
Old 31 Jul 2010, 04:47 (Ref:2736190)   #6
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Boy, the World Challenge/Trans-Am races at the Indy Toronto this year were called "Acura Sports Car Challenge" but Acura refuses to put their name on the ALMS race at Mid-O? They pulled out corporate backing from the ALMS and they damn-well meant it!

Chris
I would REALLY like to know what Patron is getting out of this "Presented By" deal.

Other than offering everybody over 21 a free bottle of booze...
Old 1 Aug 2010, 18:30 (Ref:2737634)   #7
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post
I would REALLY like to know what Patron is getting out of this "Presented By" deal.

Had you heard of Patron before they started sponsoring a team in ALMS?
I hadn't.

So it wins in terms of awareness.

However in terms of sales, I suspect that sales of all tequila are up, rather than specifically the Patron brand. So their share of the market probably hasn't changed. much.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 18:49 (Ref:2737651)   #8
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really wonder how the new LMP team does.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 23:07 (Ref:2737844)   #9
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Had you heard of Patron before they started sponsoring a team in ALMS?
I hadn't.

So it wins in terms of awareness.

However in terms of sales, I suspect that sales of all tequila are up, rather than specifically the Patron brand. So their share of the market probably hasn't changed. much.
Ummm YES, I'm Black and I been a Hip-Hop, Rap DJ since 1986 so when 50 Cent mentions Patron, as have many other well-known rap and r&b acts have, I know what they are talking about.

I knew what Patron was WELL before they became a sponsor and I don't assume everybody knows this. I was half joking and half being serious.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 23:09 (Ref:2737846)   #10
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
I really wonder how the new LMP team does.
Given previous experience, poorly, rather poorly.

If they can keep it running, they can pip Drayson or Dyson for 3rd.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 02:08 (Ref:2737899)   #11
Racer

6157 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post

Chris
That's usually what happens when corporate backing is pulled. No support, no money, no sponsorship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post

In the other thread, you complain about ALMS hooking up with Tamiya and Sony for sponsorship and partnerships and now you're questioning why Patron would sponsor the ALMS? You should rename yourself to DJ Two-Way, my friend.

And really, why should we care? We should be thankful anyone is willing to put that much activation into their sponsorship with the ALMS right now.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 03:04 (Ref:2737915)   #12
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Lets not muddy the waters in the race thread! Talk the race or take it somewhere else!

L.P.
Old 2 Aug 2010, 21:39 (Ref:2738430)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agreed. Can the off-topic nonsense or it'll get trimmed out. This is a race thread guys.
Old 3 Aug 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2738850)   #14
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Risi continuing with a 2 car effort, Fisichella and Vilander to pilot the #61 this round.
Buncombe to join Prendeville in the Libra entry.

L.P.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 06:06 (Ref:2739664)   #15
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!

The Mid Ohio Spotters Guide, supported by Ten Tenths, is now online at... http://spotterguides.com/alms-2010-guide (and later in the week, on the official ALMS website)

The guide includes the latest Radical livery + confirmation of drivers at PR1 and the #61 Risi

enjoy....andy
Old 5 Aug 2010, 11:37 (Ref:2739770)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b

The Mid Ohio Spotters Guide, supported by Ten Tenths, is now online at... http://spotterguides.com/alms-2010-guide (and later in the week, on the official ALMS website)

The guide includes the latest Radical livery + confirmation of drivers at PR1 and the #61 Risi

enjoy....andy
Cheers, Andy! I like the livery of the Radical; looks simple, but effective.

I know this won't be a Lime Rock, but the tight confines of Mid-Ohio should produce some good action and another tight, hard fought GT race.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2739934)   #17
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
First official practice sessions start in about 2hr.45min. runs for 2hrs.

L.P
Old 5 Aug 2010, 17:21 (Ref:2739939)   #18
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Also to dispell any confusion, for those who listened to MWM. There will be a live "Q"ing stream, brought to you by Porsche, at http://www.americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=live
which is the same portal/URL as the Todocast race stream, BUT it is a seperate stream!!

L.P.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2739989)   #19
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Cheers, Andy! I like the livery of the Radical; looks simple, but effective.

I know this won't be a Lime Rock, but the tight confines of Mid-Ohio should produce some good action and another tight, hard fought GT race.
Mid-Ohio is always good because its just technical enough to challenge drivers to drive the perfect lap and has three solid passing zones. I haven't seen a bad race at Mid Ohio weather it was IROC, Trans Am, CART or ALMS.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 20:18 (Ref:2740014)   #20
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Early in the session yet, but Jan is out front.

L.P.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 20:34 (Ref:2740025)   #21
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Early in the session yet, but Jan is out front.

L.P.
Yeah looks like pole will be in the mid to low 1:21's. Corvette has data from their debut last year here. I knew they would be quick. Same with BMW, it looks like the Top 6-8 cars will be in the 1:21's. If the #61 can find the balance, that might make 9 cars all within half a second or so.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 20:49 (Ref:2740034)   #22
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Yep, once again it is tight up front!

L.P.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 20:56 (Ref:2740036)   #23
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Clint Field throwing down some solid laps as well!

L.P.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2740039)   #24
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
any reason why 62 risi is stuck in the box
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 5 Aug 2010, 21:06 (Ref:2740042)   #25
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
At Walmart while running errands, I saw a guy in a Flying Lizards polo shirt. I though, "Well, he's a diehard ALMS fan." Then I remembered, "oh, the ALMS race is this weekend."

Random, but the guy must've been a team member, since he was loading up a cart with numerous one gallon water jugs.