Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 2 Jul 2003, 21:05 (Ref:650198)   #1
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Club 100

Anyone on here raced as part of the club 100 2 stroke racing? im thinking of doin a few races in the next few months..:confused:
Old 2 Jul 2003, 22:38 (Ref:650276)   #2
Gore
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Gore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did the British Uni Championship with Club100 this year (as I think you did too--the name's pretty memorable), which lured me into John Vigor's crazy world of arrive and drive 2 stroke karting: Am driving in the Rookie Enduro rounds at Buckmore and Birmingham in August and September with two forum members (hope no-one minds us using the team name Ten-Tenths Racing, we'll try not to disgrace the name!)

Next season may well end up doing the Club100 Sprint series if my dream of buying a Biland falls through.

Last edited by Gore; 2 Jul 2003 at 22:39.
Old 3 Jul 2003, 17:13 (Ref:651090)   #3
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would take part however due to my age am unable to race, which is a pain cos i am experienced enough with 2-Stroke TKM's to do a competitive fulls eason of either sprint or endurance with my yearly budget anyway. At the moment i am racing Rotax Max's which are more powerful than the club 100 karts but it wont be until another 4 years i can take part, but hopefully when i'm 17 i'll be in cars (hopefully!)

Good luck to everyone who is taking part in Club 100 on this Forum
Old 3 Jul 2003, 17:58 (Ref:651131)   #4
racingdick
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Gore
Did the British Uni Championship with Club100 this year (as I think you did too--the name's pretty memorable),
i use the bukc forum but have never raced, infact haven't raced for 13 yrs since finishing in cadets
Old 3 Jul 2003, 19:34 (Ref:651246)   #5
Gore
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally posted by racingdick
i use the bukc forum but have never raced, infact haven't raced for 13 yrs since finishing in cadets
I see. In that case, based on my experience so far, I'd recommend Club100--I enjoyed myself sufficiently earlier this year to pay full rate for a couple of races. The karts are pretty quick, though it doesn't take long before you want more power, though I suppose that happens in any category: you're only competitive once you've slowed everything down mentally. A friend of mine races Senior Pro-karts, and apparently Club100 karts are a little bit slower over a lap of most circuits but feel quicker due to the extra power. They're certainly quicker than corporate pro-karts, however.

As I said above, I'm hoping to race my own kart next season, but Club100 seems a good alternative unless you're particularly keen on the set-up aspect of karting (Club100 do not allow any adjustment whatsoever). The cost did strike me as quite high initially, but given that you just turn up and drive, it's a good deal. Certainly cheaper than running your own Senior TKM, Rotax etc...

I'll let you know my impression of the Endurance championship after I've run the Aug and Sep rounds--standard of competition (lap times for the Rookie enduro championship are about a second slower than BUKC times at Buckmore and Whilton at the same time of year, though weather could have been different), organisation etc... Can't really tell you anything about the Sprint series though.

Last edited by Gore; 3 Jul 2003 at 19:37.
Old 4 Jul 2003, 18:17 (Ref:652571)   #6
racingdick
Veteran

keep in touch pal...

if im quick nuff might see if simon j will let me on the inter uni champ...
Old 5 Jul 2003, 16:42 (Ref:653441)   #7
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I race in Club100 (sprints). Haven't done any endurance events with them but did watch the latest Inter Enduro at Glan Y Gors last weekend. I would recommend Club100 wholeheartdly (spelling?!).

Are you at Uni with Simon.J, Racingdick? He races in the sprints with me, he's pretty quick.
Old 5 Jul 2003, 17:18 (Ref:653458)   #8
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When is the Club 100 meeting at Ellough Park Raceway this year? Because that is my home circuit and i race my Rotax in the championship held there so i could pop down and see some of you, and if any of you are new there.....give a few tips?
Old 5 Jul 2003, 18:51 (Ref:653503)   #9
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Ellough round is on the weekend of 6th September. Sprints are on the saturday (normally sunday) with the enduro's being on the 30th August. I've got to miss the Ellough round though
Old 5 Jul 2003, 19:19 (Ref:653525)   #10
racingdick
Veteran

yup i am...

cant wait till clay. do you know whether heavy or lights are am or pm???
Old 5 Jul 2003, 20:03 (Ref:653549)   #11
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Quote:
Originally posted by AndyM
The Ellough round is on the weekend of 6th September. Sprints are on the saturday (normally sunday) with the enduro's being on the 30th August. I've got to miss the Ellough round though
Shame, it's a great track
Old 5 Jul 2003, 21:41 (Ref:653589)   #12
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also race in the sprint series, another lightweight, and is definatly fast and furious (sorry for the pun) fun all day long.

Racingdick, as for the clay event the lights race first thing sunday morning for that event and in the afternoon the race after. better remember to pack the alarm that day me thinks,
Old 7 Jul 2003, 07:12 (Ref:654442)   #13
racingdick
Veteran

thats good news im in the afternoon....
Old 11 Jul 2003, 20:54 (Ref:659190)   #14
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've done a couple of rounds of the BUKC this year aswell, also did the Advance Leisure series last year though hoping to start a late campaign soon as me and my Dad just haven't had the time/money to do it this year.

Its pretty much the only karting I've done, ny first outdoor race was a club100 kart and its taken me a while to get into it but im getting there somewhat slowly!

Anyway they're great fun, the first time I accelerated in one of these things I almost cakked myself. In fact just writing this has made me as hungry as ever to go again!
Old 12 Jul 2003, 07:26 (Ref:659389)   #15
racingdick
Veteran

i went in a 100cc at the magaluf karting place outside palmanova and loved it, screaming down the straight and loadsa people coming off the road to watch... they only usually run pro karts and bit of a difference.

Only thing is i tried getting the back out going in to the hairpin on my 3rd lap and spun around but the chain was so damn loose it popped off and i was left stranded revving the nuts off it....

Moral of the story.. always check the chain tension.

After that i was on the phone arranging to do club100 as part of my birthday present.

Will be my first race for 13 years. Apart from pro karts!
Old 12 Jul 2003, 19:04 (Ref:659665)   #16
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Quote:
Originally posted by racingdick
i went in a 100cc at the magaluf karting place outside palmanova and loved it, screaming down the straight and loadsa people coming off the road to watch... they only usually run pro karts and bit of a difference.

Only thing is i tried getting the back out going in to the hairpin on my 3rd lap and spun around but the chain was so damn loose it popped off and i was left stranded revving the nuts off it....

Moral of the story.. always check the chain tension.

After that i was on the phone arranging to do club100 as part of my birthday present.

Will be my first race for 13 years. Apart from pro karts!
I should know that too! A few weeks ago in the BDKC i was on lap 10 of 14 in 4th place and my chain flew off. Yet another DNF for me this year, i have now had 9DNF's out of 16 races all due to either mechanical problems or being taken out during other peoples accidents
Old 12 Jul 2003, 19:17 (Ref:659674)   #17
Gore
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Tony_Simpson and AndyM--

Unless someone buys me a Rotax or a Biland in the near future I'm probably going to do the Club100 Sprint championship next year, and I would be grateful if you could tell me how much track time drivers get. Am I right in thinking that each driver does three heats and one final? How many laps are the races? And how long is practice? I'm a little bit worried about paying a fair chunk of money, driving to the circuit for about 15 mins on the track.

Cheers.

Last edited by Gore; 12 Jul 2003 at 19:18.
Old 13 Jul 2003, 17:12 (Ref:660084)   #18
Tony_Simpson
Veteran

Tony_Simpson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You get three laps practice in you first heat, then straight into the rolling up procedure, most heats are around 5mins long so about 5-7 laps depneding on conditions and track length. In the finals they try and run 3 practice laps but it is usually the A final only that gets that. The finals are around 10mins long (10-15 laps).

So that is about 25- 30 mins on track, might not sound alot but is not too bad.
Old 13 Jul 2003, 18:23 (Ref:660130)   #19
Gore
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Thanks for the info Tony. Seem a little on the miserly side, especially as it often takes me 5-7 laps to pass anyone

Think I'll stick to the Enduro Series next year if I can.
Old 14 Jul 2003, 07:18 (Ref:660474)   #20
racingdick
Veteran

i think ill be worn out after 3 laps anyway...
Old 14 Jul 2003, 09:52 (Ref:660552)   #21
TTT

Club 100 is excellent, I've been racing in it for ages. I've done Sprint Lights and Heavies, endurance Premier and Elite. I tried to run myself in TKM a couple of years ago to see what it was like, learnt some expensive lessons and returned to C100. I've also raced Prokarts endurance but nothing gets close to the buzz of a 2 stroke, and you just turn up and race - no need for transport, storage, maintenance/prep/setup or all the other non driving related annoyances, including paying for crash damage/insurance, no wonder grids are full and customers are best advised to book up well in advance!

Long live Club 100 and all who race in it!

Old 15 Jul 2003, 08:36 (Ref:661491)   #22
racingdick
Veteran

im glad ive joined and will definately continue, providing that is that i dont suck!!
Old 16 Jul 2003, 13:17 (Ref:662801)   #23
racingdick
Veteran

this is one of the karts they have in majorca to hire
Attached Thumbnails
kart.jpg  
Old 16 Jul 2003, 15:05 (Ref:662913)   #24
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
WOW!! A JICA to hire!
Old 16 Jul 2003, 17:10 (Ref:663032)   #25
racingdick
Veteran

Boy it was fast, it made a change to be Still accelerating at the end of the straight and then HAVE to brake for the corner.

It was expensive though..