Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Mar 2018, 11:10 (Ref:3808505)   #251
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will Stevens should make Panis Barthez a bit more of an interesting prospect - http://sportscar365.com/lemans/elms/...panis-barthez/
Old 17 Mar 2018, 14:14 (Ref:3808537)   #252
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Oh dear...

https://twitter.com/eurasiaracing/st...98348800421889
Old 17 Mar 2018, 14:59 (Ref:3808555)   #253
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bad wording or not, I think they got scared... association with "Krohn Racing" has a negative connotation, remember how ACO rejected Risi's automatic invitation for the 2014 race when the ACO saw through the curtains of it being just a free buy-out entry for Tracy and his buddy to get in
Old 17 Mar 2018, 20:38 (Ref:3808640)   #254
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sad for Marko Asmer, but happy to see Krohn and Jonsson back.
It'll be interesting to see how Bertolini goes in an LMP2 car.
Old 18 Mar 2018, 08:54 (Ref:3808819)   #255
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That's certainly a bit messy. The ACO knew all along that Tracy would buy in any way he could..... They might as well have given him an entry, no-one can say that he hasn't been a staunch supporter of the great race....
Old 18 Mar 2018, 10:34 (Ref:3808833)   #256
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
That's certainly a bit messy. The ACO knew all along that Tracy would buy in any way he could..... They might as well have given him an entry, no-one can say that he hasn't been a staunch supporter of the great race....
Ya it's kind of pointless not to hand it since he's going to end up there anyway. In fact, giving him it straight would likely ensure him doing the regional series, instead of (very likely now) ditching the Ferrari he has entered for ELMS, at least full time basis
Old 21 Mar 2018, 10:24 (Ref:3809583)   #257
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't wait to see how Pastor gets on in traffic!

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...p2-f1-1016817/
Old 21 Mar 2018, 12:35 (Ref:3809601)   #258
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

should be lively!
Old 21 Mar 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3809607)   #259
Deleted
Veteran

Not enough cash for P1 drive was the first thing that popped to mind?
Old 21 Mar 2018, 13:17 (Ref:3809614)   #260
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Ya it's kind of pointless not to hand it since he's going to end up there anyway. In fact, giving him it straight would likely ensure him doing the regional series, instead of (very likely now) ditching the Ferrari he has entered for ELMS, at least full time basis
It's not a matter of approving whether a driver buys a drive - it's a matter of teams being awarded entries based on a number of factors - The reality is here that Eurasia were, Krohn Racing weren't - if the original text said that the entry had been 'taken over' that is a very, very different matter than drivers buying seats in an existing entry.

Drivers getting around the decisions of the selection committee is one thing, a team successful in getting an entry literally handing it over without approval to another is quite something else.

In this instance Eurasia did nothing of the sort, but it was apparently written that they had, and they subsequently were asked to explain themselves to the ACO - they are perfectly correct to be annoyed, this could have cost them their entry, and could affect the ACO's views in future years.
Old 21 Mar 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3809671)   #261
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree, to an extent, but I wonder how much semantics are actually involved. If the reality is that they are actually handing it over to Tracy, I don't see that they have too much to complain about. The ACO should be looking closely at their entry application next year anyway, in my opinion.... Then again, I would probably have given it to Krohn anyway. He may be a mobile chicane, but he has decent past results and is a loyal supporter....
Old 21 Mar 2018, 18:54 (Ref:3809675)   #262
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Be afraid. Be very afraid..........
Old 21 Mar 2018, 18:56 (Ref:3809676)   #263
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I agree, to an extent, but I wonder how much semantics are actually involved. If the reality is that they are actually handing it over to Tracy, I don't see that they have too much to complain about. The ACO should be looking closely at their entry application next year anyway, in my opinion.... Then again, I would probably have given it to Krohn anyway. He may be a mobile chicane, but he has decent past results and is a loyal supporter....
'Take over' means you aren't running the car any more - the Eurasia team are running the car.

I guess it feels somewhat less semantic when an ACO official is asking you to justify your position based on that report with the evident potential consequences of providing an answer that they are unhappy with?

This one is really simple - a simple error likely emerging from a clumsy google translation of the original EI story and/ or a lack of understanding of the nuances here - it happens.

The fact that Eurasia felt it necessary to put out a retraction rather indicates there was a need to do so.
Old 21 Mar 2018, 19:02 (Ref:3809677)   #264
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, I can understand their position, but for me the bottom line is that they're perfectly happy to take Tracy's cash rather than running their own genuine effort. Poorly worded or not, I'm assuming the ACO aren't daft and log these things away in the memory banks for future reference....
Old 21 Mar 2018, 19:14 (Ref:3809682)   #265
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
S365 jumping to conclusions? Well, I never.

Good news source, but worth remembering to take everything with a grain of salt.
Old 21 Mar 2018, 19:17 (Ref:3809683)   #266
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
'Take over' means you aren't running the car any more - the Eurasia team are running the car.

I guess it feels somewhat less semantic when an ACO official is asking you to justify your position based on that report with the evident potential consequences of providing an answer that they are unhappy with?

This one is really simple - a simple error likely emerging from a clumsy google translation of the original EI story and/ or a lack of understanding of the nuances here - it happens.

The fact that Eurasia felt it necessary to put out a retraction rather indicates there was a need to do so.
I guess it comes down to the distinction between Eurasia's crew running a car for Krohn and his drivers, or Krohn's car being run by a bunch of hired hands from AF Corse, with Eurasia's involvement pretty much starting and ending with the entry list and the sign over the pit garage.

The former for me is still a Eurasia entry, albeit with Tracy and friends buying a ride in it, the latter is Krohn Racing using Eurasia as a flag of convenience.
Old 21 Mar 2018, 19:31 (Ref:3809689)   #267
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I see the distinction, but the end result is much the same in that Tracy effectively gets his entry having been declined it by the ACO. Still, it's been going on for years.....
Old 21 Mar 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3809693)   #268
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
I think what's happened is a win-win. Eurasia get to prep and run the car. Krohn gets to drive something. The end result is the same from a driver standpoint, but not a team personnel one.

Apart from a few exceptional cases it doesn't seem that the ACO puts too much on who is actually driving the car when it comes to their decision to grant the entry.
Old 22 Mar 2018, 07:29 (Ref:3809805)   #269
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
S365 jumping to conclusions? Well, I never.

Good news source, but worth remembering to take everything with a grain of salt.
Hopefully not in this case. JPM to United Autosports?

http://www.sportscar365.com/lemans/w...ted-autosports
Old 22 Mar 2018, 10:00 (Ref:3809838)   #270
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maldonado in LMP2? Let's hope it's the Pastor from Spain 2012 who is driving
Old 22 Mar 2018, 11:35 (Ref:3809856)   #271
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Hopefully not in this case. JPM to United Autosports?

http://www.sportscar365.com/lemans/w...ted-autosports
Or on Endurance-Info: http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/montoya-vers-le-mans/
Old 22 Mar 2018, 11:45 (Ref:3809863)   #272
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
IMO the Krohn/Eurasia situation is not even half as bad as Nicolet taking over 2 of the Jackie Chan DC/Arden/Jota entries.
Old 22 Mar 2018, 11:49 (Ref:3809864)   #273
Deleted
Veteran

Hopefully he's been informed not to expect getting the Triple Crown even if he wins it, unless LMP2 magically finds itself on top of overall podium.

Regarding Krohn... how does one verify that a team is in fact, in no way altered personnel wise

(edit: gert just said the same as I but) it's sort of funny that while these things gets argued about, a team like Jota can hand couple of their extra auto invites to one-off entered Oak Racing... I mean okay they are constructor cartel partners sure you can have them but why even bother referring them by JCDC banners, just have them titled Oak and be done with it, it's not fooling anyone. It's not like Jota is even Onroak affiliated party, but Oreca
Old 22 Mar 2018, 12:22 (Ref:3809871)   #274
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I’d love to see JPM go for the triple crown, he’s one step closer than Fred. Real racers both
Old 22 Mar 2018, 17:39 (Ref:3809939)   #275
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ferrari GT rumours. Giovinazzi would be an interesting addition to the grid. Looks like quite a bumper year for ex and current F1 drivers.

The piece says Molina will be in the #71 car like last year.

https://www.motorsport.com/lemans/ne...ll-up-1017444/