Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Dec 2017, 10:00 (Ref:3788820)   #76
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
And a better paint job, i know the colour and silly name was related to the supermarket paying the bills but putrid yellow and all the speed of the disney character on the bonnet. Perhaps orange with a few tulips and support from a cheese (and help from the renault/EDAMS team in formula e)

Just a suggestion.
I like the fact it is not a painted (wrapped, whatever) with a smear of red, white, black and blue, like just about every other car.
Old 23 Dec 2017, 11:00 (Ref:3788828)   #77
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I like the fact it is not a painted (wrapped, whatever) with a smear of red, white, black and blue, like just about every other car.
+1.

That's one of the reasons why I liked Krohn Racing. Turning up to my first Le Mans in 2010, I discovered it was much more difficult to keep a track of who is who without a commentator (whoever would've thought?).
But then there is the bright green Ferrari standing out from the crowd.
And because that's the car that was easiest to recognise each lap, you can't help but wanting it to continue and to do well.
Old 23 Dec 2017, 11:30 (Ref:3788829)   #78
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Also love that Jumbo livery. But anyway...

Possibly a bit early to pull together a prospective entry list (although well done anyone who has) - but what do people think the class split will end up being?

I'd go with:

P1: 10
P2: 20
GT Pro: 16
GT Am: 14

Certainly a small dollop of wishful thinking when it comes to P1 there. I personally think Ginetta need to nut up and run a car themselves alongside Manor. But I've got more worries than hopes about that programme.

For GT-Pro I've added 2 BMWs and an extra Porsche on top of last year. Personally I want to see manufacturer entries. I love P2 but this year the class was more heavily Am-skewed with a lot of ELMS efforts. Didn't add too much in terms of close racing.

If it was up to me I'd scale P2 up a bit and push GT-Am numbers back a tad but I think they'll try and keep it more balanced.
Old 23 Dec 2017, 16:18 (Ref:3788856)   #79
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Were you watching a different race? p2 car was in the lead with less than an hour to go and finished 2nd and 3rd overall. now that is what i call close.
Old 23 Dec 2017, 16:38 (Ref:3788858)   #80
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Were you watching a different race? p2 car was in the lead with less than an hour to go and finished 2nd and 3rd overall. now that is what i call close.
Come on Simon don't twist my words - or read selectively.

25 cars in the P2 this year, and I'd say about 8 or 9 of them had a chance of winning the class. And that's purely from a driving standpoint, not taking into account the Oreca dominance. That's lower than it ideally should be.
Old 23 Dec 2017, 18:27 (Ref:3788865)   #81
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes i suppose the quality overall was not the best but i was cheering the dc cars and hoping that the porsche would hit further trouble, overall i was more interested in the p2 class this year than in previous years.
Old 24 Dec 2017, 11:15 (Ref:3788975)   #82
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Also love that Jumbo livery. But anyway...

Possibly a bit early to pull together a prospective entry list (although well done anyone who has) - but what do people think the class split will end up being?

I'd go with:

P1: 10
P2: 20
GT Pro: 16
GT Am: 14

Certainly a small dollop of wishful thinking when it comes to P1 there. I personally think Ginetta need to nut up and run a car themselves alongside Manor. But I've got more worries than hopes about that programme.

For GT-Pro I've added 2 BMWs and an extra Porsche on top of last year. Personally I want to see manufacturer entries. I love P2 but this year the class was more heavily Am-skewed with a lot of ELMS efforts. Didn't add too much in terms of close racing.

If it was up to me I'd scale P2 up a bit and push GT-Am numbers back a tad but I think they'll try and keep it more balanced.
Let's go with the 9 confirmed P1s to avoid disappointment
assuming they all actually turn up, of course. If Henrik Hedman can't play with his toy because of his grading will he pursue the project?

My sketchy list has 17 GTE Pros, which includes a Risi Ferrari, 4 Fords and 4 Porsches. Will they all get in? I expect Ferrari will want some back up for AF Corse if there are 4 Ford/Porsche entries, plus the BMWs.

P2? Who knows. There is no shortage of potential entries and some have already opted for WEC to guarantee an entry.

Similar story in GTE Am.

I am very excited about LMP1, especially after watching the class fall to pieces so recently. I hope it is competitive. SMP and ByKolles seem well ahead of the others because of the amount of testing they have managed already.
Old 26 Dec 2017, 15:21 (Ref:3789204)   #83
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
For LMP1 and GTE-Pro, we already kinda know (most of) who'll be showing up. If you're a factory team in GTE-Pro, you're almost a shoe-in, even if you don't do the WEC on a full time basis (Ganassi Ford IMSA and Corvette Racing, especially the latter for variety's sake). Question there is will Ganassi enter his IMSA teams, and will BMW do the same with RLL vs M-Tec? Problem there, as well as LMP2 and GTE-Am is the LM entry cap of 60 cars max.

LMP1 is what's most interesting, since we have only two Toyota's confirmed, the return of Rebellion and Kolles, and Manor moving up and the possiblity still of a one or two mystery Ginetta customers (see Ginetta thread for more info). We could easily be looking at 10 LMP1s if everything adds up. That's not set in stone, but we could have more LMP1s this year than since the early 2010s.

But with the mentioned 60 entry cap, who knows how the ACO will go with issuing entries, knowing that the whole WEC field can enter (have auto invites), and the auto invites from IMSA, Asian LMS and the ELMS.
Old 28 Dec 2017, 11:56 (Ref:3789429)   #84
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Will be good to see Loic Duval back at Le Mans next year after not racing in 2017. He returns with the WEC full-season TDS effort.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/1...-28-oreca.html

I wonder where this leaves Manu Collard? A 23-year unbroken streak of starts at Le Mans. Surely he'll be able to get a drive somewhere. He's been on the Francois Perrodo train for 5 years now, and his last start before that was in the wild Pesca/Aston hack job in 2012!

Old 8 Jan 2018, 12:35 (Ref:3791363)   #85
Mike E
Veteran

TF Sport steps up to WEC.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...wec-plans.html
Old 8 Jan 2018, 16:50 (Ref:3791394)   #86
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
And TF already had an LM auto-invite (due to their second place in ELMS GT 2017).

https://www.lemans.org/en/news/2018-...ts-teams/47908

Also it sounds like the 'extra' auto-invite for the AsLMS GT runner-up is confirmed (which is probably bad news for some ELMS hopefuls...).
Old 8 Jan 2018, 22:41 (Ref:3791454)   #87
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Will be good to see Loic Duval back at Le Mans next year after not racing in 2017. He returns with the WEC full-season TDS effort.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/1...-28-oreca.html

I wonder where this leaves Manu Collard? A 23-year unbroken streak of starts at Le Mans. Surely he'll be able to get a drive somewhere. He's been on the Francois Perrodo train for 5 years now, and his last start before that was in the wild Pesca/Aston hack job in 2012!

Saw something about TDS trying to get a second car together for Collard and whoever else.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 05:58 (Ref:3792205)   #88
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Saw something about TDS trying to get a second car together for Collard and whoever else.
Good to hear, hopefully Manu has a ride in June. Was surprised to see Perrodo without Collard but time for a change I guess.
Old 13 Jan 2018, 18:22 (Ref:3792507)   #89
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They'll have hard time getting second entry if the ACO sticks to the even proto-GT split (which I still don't understand), because with ~10 or so LMP1s getting in you very likely do not get more than 20-22 LMP2s unfortunately. The rest will be thrown to the reserve list behind filler GTE-AMs
Old 17 Jan 2018, 11:54 (Ref:3793290)   #90
Mike E
Veteran

Larbre Submits 24H Le Mans Entry Request With Ligier LMP2

Well, that's a surprise!

Le Mans Cup with Ligier LMP3 as well.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...h-ligier-lmp2/
Old 17 Jan 2018, 12:55 (Ref:3793303)   #91
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Well, that's a surprise!

Le Mans Cup with Ligier LMP3 as well.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/leman...h-ligier-lmp2/
Would be interested to see if that's enough to get them a Le Mans entry...
Old 17 Jan 2018, 13:30 (Ref:3793311)   #92
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
You wouldn't think so in the current climate.

I was idly wondering if Ben Keating might hook up with Larbre and their renta-Corvette. He has an entry but no car and seems to like front-engined muscle cars. So much for that...
Old 17 Jan 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3793320)   #93
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
If the entry is gonna be marked as Onroak's 'chosen one' it surely will - otherwise it might look shaky at best considering LeConte's somewhat troublesome relationship with the ACO's Comité de Sélection...
Old 18 Jan 2018, 04:17 (Ref:3793475)   #94
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
If the entry is gonna be marked as Onroak's 'chosen one' it surely will - otherwise it might look shaky at best considering LeConte's somewhat troublesome relationship with the ACO's Comité de Sélection...

This particular Frenchman isn't guaranteed anything as we've seen over the years. Hope they get an entry though

Sad to see the Corvette put aside though after running them since 2011. Maybe Leconte got sick of waiting for GM support to appear for a GTE-Pro effort, that dream seemed to last some while.
Old 18 Jan 2018, 04:28 (Ref:3793481)   #95
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You wouldn't think so in the current climate.

I was idly wondering if Ben Keating might hook up with Larbre and their renta-Corvette. He has an entry but no car and seems to like front-engined muscle cars. So much for that...
I believe he could still race this at Le Mans. I just hope he doesn't put himself through the pain of running the Riley again.

Old 18 Jan 2018, 13:48 (Ref:3793567)   #96
Coach Ep
Veteran

Pretty sure the homologation for the Viper has expired. Besides there might be question marks over the willingness of the owner to let it race again.
Old 19 Jan 2018, 12:00 (Ref:3793799)   #97
Mike E
Veteran

Van der Garde Joins Racing Team Nederland

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...9-fia-wec.html
Old 19 Jan 2018, 12:33 (Ref:3793809)   #98
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/s...e-ligier-lmp2/
Old 21 Jan 2018, 09:57 (Ref:3794097)   #99
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
That is good news, isn't it? Deep into high downforce prototypes and proud to be able to join this Dutch effort with Jan Lammers, who'll be up for his 24th 24 hours of Le Mans!
Old 22 Jan 2018, 04:46 (Ref:3794241)   #100
Coach Ep
Veteran

No confirmation of Lammers yet but hard to imagine him not being part of the squad (but Perrodo without Collard is a bit of shock as well...).