Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:01 (Ref:1881514)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Setanta crazy!!!!!!

Oh dear, my coverage has dropped out. Thanks NASN!
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:04 (Ref:1881519)   #2
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mine too - switched to BTCC replay and got a black screen, I paid for this???
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:06 (Ref:1881520)   #3
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I reckon the rain delay screwed with NASN's time-slot for the Cup race.
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:07 (Ref:1881521)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Problem is, the shedules at 11:00pm have Sevens Rugby, which is coded to Irish subscribers only.

So Ireland will still be watching the race whilst we in the mainland are screwed unlesss someone at Setanta/NASN realises quickly!
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:12 (Ref:1881530)   #5
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Goddam really ****ed off the schedule says BTCC - but when it came back bloody Golf!

Wanted NASCAR - that gave up the ghost, wanted BTCC got golf, given up got WRC on eurosport
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:13 (Ref:1881534)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Two channels showing golf, which could be showing NASCAR right now.
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:16 (Ref:1881541)   #7
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
not even live sentanta which we pay for just for BTCC and NASCAR is currently showing

Poker
Golf
Golf
Scottish Football
Nothing
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:22 (Ref:1881556)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

And to top it off for UK viewers there is no full race repeat for this race later in the week, like there has been for every other race ever.

WHAT AN EXTRAORDINARY COINCIDENCE!
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:23 (Ref:1881559)   #9
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a conspiracy. Seen any black, unmarked helicopters flying around lately?
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:27 (Ref:1881564)   #10
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Its dammned annoying how do I complain. I spent the day at the wheel competing and a beer and a mix of BTCC and NASCAR suited nicely. I want compensation or a repeat!
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:31 (Ref:1881575)   #11
Julian
Racer

United Kingdom
Towcester
Julian should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
Its dammned annoying how do I complain. I spent the day at the wheel competing and a beer and a mix of BTCC and NASCAR suited nicely. I want compensation or a repeat!
I have just emailed Setanta on customerservices@setanta.com

Now they have done a deal with the FA presumably subscriptions will go up and we will get yet more football........

Thanks all those who are providing race updates!
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:47 (Ref:1881598)   #12
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Very stroppy email to sentanta
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:51 (Ref:1881606)   #13
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Setanta do it again!!!!!!

It's bad enough Setanta keep advertising their NASCAR coverage is on channel NASN2 when there is no channel designated as such (they actually show it on Setanta Ireland (channel 434 on Sky), but tonight they stop their coverage an hour before the end of the race when there was a rain delay mid race, just so they can REPEAT an earlier rugby event that they had already transmitted live!

And what really rubs it in is that TWO of Setanta's available channels (channel 436 Celtic football and channel 438 Rangers football) show absolutely nothing for the 48 hours of Saturday and Sunday.

As one of NASN's original customers, before Setanta got involved in buying NASN and then removing NASCAR from that channel, I am getting pretty sick of their attitude and treatment of us motorsports fans.

Yes, I am sending a formal letter of complaint about the raw deal we are getting, is anyone else feeling hard done by as well?

Steve
Old 1 Apr 2007, 23:10 (Ref:1881612)   #14
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
in case of future stupidity by the TV people heres what I just got in my inbox

Quote:
Thank you for contacting Setanta Sports. Your email has been received
by
our Customer Service team and you will receive a response within 5
working days.

If your enquiry is of an urgent nature, please contact us on one of the
following numbers:

SETANTA SPORTS:
Great Britain customers - 08700 50 69 80 or 08700 50 69 44(RUK)
ROI customers - 0818 20 30 40 or 0818 71 99 92 (RUK)
Northern Ireland customers - 08700 50 69 50 or 08700 50 69 44(RUK)
Old 2 Apr 2007, 08:36 (Ref:1881775)   #15
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad I have not bother to subscribe yet
Old 2 Apr 2007, 11:04 (Ref:1881864)   #16
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is frustrating - we subscribed only last week to get the coverage and last night wasn't good at all - Sam has emailed them but only got standard response
Old 2 Apr 2007, 12:22 (Ref:1881915)   #17
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
I have just spoken to Customer Services about the Setanta/NASN problem, and amid apologies was told the race is being repeated at 3PM on Thursday morning in its entirity. Still don't think they understand our frustration though.

Steve
Old 2 Apr 2007, 12:23 (Ref:1881917)   #18
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
I have just spoken to Customer Services about the Setanta/NASN problem, and amid apologies was told the race is being repeated at 3PM on Thursday morning in its entirity. Still don't think they understand our frustration though.

Steve
Old 2 Apr 2007, 14:00 (Ref:1881985)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

At least they are repeating.

I can't complain too much, the BTCC meeting was covered highly impressively and this is the first problem I've known. It was just unlucky that the schedules had an Irish-coded programme in the 11:00pm slot, otherwise we'd have stayed with the race!
Old 2 Apr 2007, 14:19 (Ref:1881995)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, it's the first problem I've had since subscribing last August. It was irritating still.

Did they actully televise the rugby, or did you get the blank screen and assume they showed rugby? I got the feeling they carried on with the NASCAR coverage, but the Sky box was programmed to lose the connection at 11:00pm because the Sevens Rugby is for Irish audiences only.

It is annoying though and should be avoided. Still, the coverage of the BTCC meeting made up for it almost.
Old 2 Apr 2007, 15:31 (Ref:1882040)   #21
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
3pm or 3am? neither is much use to me...

Quote:
BTCC meeting was covered highly impressively
but it never appeared?
Old 2 Apr 2007, 15:42 (Ref:1882050)   #22
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Sam, stop whining and phone and cancel your subscription if it annoys you that much. As you should know, being the big industry insider that you say you are, things do sometimes happen in this sport that present problems to publishers, broadcasters, teams and drivers. It's one of those things. I've only been with them for 6 weeks now, although I was with NASN for a couple of years previously, but this is the first instance of a problem, as Knowlesy has said above also. And, let's be honest, can you imagine getting a response (any response!) out of Sky if their coverage disapperared mid race? erm... no.

The BTCC was on ALL DAY and they did a fantastic job of covering it. I personally watched it from 10am until the Nascar started, interupted only for Nascar Now at 430pm. That is something that I NEVER did when Motors covered it.
Old 2 Apr 2007, 19:58 (Ref:1882208)   #23
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
Perhaps is as I've only been with Sentanta a week so I'm a bit sore about it...

I couldn't watch BTCC live as I was competing at North Weald but I'd really looked forward to NASCAR and BTCC when I got home... kinda spoiled my day thats all.
Old 2 Apr 2007, 20:50 (Ref:1882263)   #24
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Understandably so too, but I'm sure the Nascar fans working on the station will be equally annoyed. Give them a chance to redeem themselves, you'll love em in the end!
Old 3 Apr 2007, 19:10 (Ref:1882889)   #25
Julian
Racer

United Kingdom
Towcester
Julian should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Setanta reply is below. My only real problem is that they didnt put an apology on the screen rather than just cuttting away. The BTCC live coverage was excellent (probably the only one I will see all year due to my involvement at events in the UK).

"Thank you for contacting NASN - the only TV channel dedicated to North American sports in Europe.

Unfortunately we experienced some technical issues associated to the broadcast of the NASCAR Goody’s 500 race shown on Setanta Ireland on Sunday 1st April.

Due to the race being delayed due to weather conditions and previously scheduled events on the Setanta Ireland channel, we were unable to show the full race to all of our subscribers.

We sincerely apologise for this interruption and remain absolutely committed to providing the very best coverage of all our sports. In live programming situations we always work to extend coverage to completion. We recognise that this was not the case for all our customers on Sunday for the reasons already outlined. In recognition of this we have scheduled a 1/2 hour episode of NASCAR Now - airing on NASN main channel at 1830 tonight (Tuesday 3rd April). Repeated at 0300 Tuesday 3rd / Wednesday 4th. Additionally, we also have a 1-hour extended highlights show including the key events of the Goody's 500 race - the race that was affected -Tonight at Midnight and a full repeat of the race will be shown in full on Setanta Ireland, Thursday 5th April 0300. We would also assure you that we have made appropriate changes within the schedule to allow us greater flexibility going forward.

Once again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused."