Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Apr 2012, 12:38 (Ref:3053427)   #451
BBSB
Racer

Spain
BBSB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
They have yet to introduce their upgrade though, so they seem to be on the ball already even though other teams packages may be a bigger step up from last year in comparison. And you noted before that Yamamoto has not won a race yet he was very close to doing so. If he is not a very strong driver he did quite well to be where he was! So the car may be stronger than what we think.
Yes Yamamoto has not won a race but that doesn't mean he has no speed. He has speed. And Izawa isn't exactly slow either. The pair just lack some brains/racecraft and how to aproach the race, and also make many mistakes (especially Izawa). That's why in my 2012 predictions I didn't pick them as one of the Honda leading teams this year.

So, seeing as Yamamoto seemed to be only marginaly faster than Tachikawa in the Lexus, I remain cautious. Although I think Honda this year may have a chance for the championship even if their car is not the dominant force. That is, if they don't suffer with (bridgestone) tire problems (as last year)... and if the track stays dry of course...
Old 4 Apr 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3053732)   #452
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Wasn't practice and early qualifying in slightly wet conditions? So we can look at how the Bridgestone teams did in those areas for an early glimpse?
Old 4 Apr 2012, 22:36 (Ref:3053764)   #453
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Le Mans Racing Magazine (Interview) Andre Lotterer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Mans Racing Magazine (Interview) Andre Lotterer View Post
What was it like when you arrived in Japan?

J"l Became good friends with Eddie Irvine`s manager when Eddie was a Jaguar driver. One day he advised me to go to Japan as Ralph Firman was leaving the Nakajima Racing. The team said to me: Bring your gear for a few months. If the test goes off okay you stay. Romain Dumas and Sebastien Philippe were also after the seat. The team selected me and I rang my girlfriend and told her i was staying. The cars, the circuits and the technical level really impressed me. The Japanese are fairly Cartesian. In motor Racing, they`re a bit more flexible, but you have to get to understand then and be very patient. For me it was no problem. I learned a lot in Japan. In hindsinght I find i`m closer to the Japanese mentality than to the American one for example. People are more genuine and respectful.

Is there a big difference between the GTs and The Formula Nippon cars?

Not really. The GTs are really very quick. They`re real monsters! We use more or less the same tyres so the driving style`s pretty similar. But when i came to race in the prototypes in Europe on Michelisn it was all very different. The GTs are mind-boggling as they have incredible mechanical grip and you ca really go head-to-head and that creates very exciting races.

In the GT races do you tag one another`s cars?

Yes. That's more up Ben's street than mine! But when you have to start nudging, I don't hesitate. The GTs take it in their stride better than the DTMs., although the Japanese don't like seeing that very much.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 22:47 (Ref:3053776)   #454
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Thanks. I looked on the LMR website earlier today, but the online version was not yet available.

The #72 and #73 issue of LMR is freely available to promote the English version of the magazine.
Old 5 Apr 2012, 12:44 (Ref:3054050)   #455
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jorg Bergmeister will be the guest/3rd driver of ART TASTE during Fuji 500km next month,it willl be first ever foreign brothers to driving in Super GT (Jorg and Tim)

http://as-web.jp/news/info.php?c_id=2&no=40162
Old 5 Apr 2012, 14:07 (Ref:3054076)   #456
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If BMW are really interested in Japanese market the gt 500 category is the way to go.
I think the solution for the future of GT 500 will be the introduction of hybrid technology IMO. If thats the way Toyota, Nissan and Honda will go, BMW could find i way with is I8 Hybrid GT 500.

That should be an amazing car :-)
Old 5 Apr 2012, 14:12 (Ref:3054080)   #457
BBSB
Racer

Spain
BBSB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Wasn't practice and early qualifying in slightly wet conditions? So we can look at how the Bridgestone teams did in those areas for an early glimpse?
In qualifying (in Q1) it was confusion all arround. It was changing conditions, some teams had slicks, others wet tires... I wouldn't look too much into qualifying.
Practice took place in wet conditions throughout, though. And the michelin teams were well ahead in these conditions as expected.

Of course JS already reported last week (source AS) on the Okayama test that "The performance of BS in wet condition is inferior to rivals" where the michelin teams dominated the time-sheets. He says, inferior to "rivals" which I take it that they mean BS is not only inferior (in the wet) to MI but also DL and YH. I hope that is actually not the case.
Old 11 Apr 2012, 11:33 (Ref:3057082)   #458
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Richard Lyons are going to join next race in Fuji with Tom's as Duval goes to WEC Spa on same weekend

http://as-web.jp/news/info.php?c_id=2&no=40232

and also GTA announced minimum 2 stops and 2 times drivers change in Fuji 500km race
Old 11 Apr 2012, 19:26 (Ref:3057347)   #459
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Anyone want to guess the pole time? New lap record? I bet they drop into the 1:32's.
Old 20 Apr 2012, 12:53 (Ref:3062622)   #460
tbz
Racer

tbz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A-Speed AM Vantage GT3 delivered. Ready for the Fuji500
Old 20 Apr 2012, 22:29 (Ref:3062845)   #461
TF110
Veteran

United States
Interesting livery. I can't wait to see how it does in GT300
Old 23 Apr 2012, 19:06 (Ref:3064433)   #462
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparantly, the talks between DTM and SuperGT still seem to go on. At least according to Motorsport-Total: http://www.motorsport-total.com/dtm/..._12042305.html

For people who don't understand German, the article basically goes like that:
Aufrecht said that ITR and GTA reached an agreement, where DTM-spec cars can compete in SuperGT. Also, two Japanese manufacturers want to build cars according to the new DTM rules from 2014 on. These two manufacturers are Toyota and Nissan, while Honda is a bit reluctant.

My comment: Yeah sure, what should I believe now? I thought the GTA (rightly) rejected ITR's demands regarding the single-spec chassis, and that negotiations had ended. Maybe our friends from Japan can clarify this.
Old 24 Apr 2012, 19:29 (Ref:3065101)   #463
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Sorry for the double post, but apparantly I can't edit my posts.

According to Speedweek, a JAF delegation as well as Hiroatsu Hirata, to represent the manufacturers, is going to visit the first DTM round this Sunday at Hockenheim. The news bit also says that GTA still doesn't want to use the 4.0l-V8, and is still rejecting the single-spec chassis proposed by ITR.

So I guess we might have to wait until the weekend for some further news.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 00:25 (Ref:3065219)   #464
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
How about the Japanese manufacturers build cars for them to compete in DTM and the Germans build SGT cars for them to compete in SGT? Forget all this unification crap. Let each series race by themselves under their own rules.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 08:15 (Ref:3065267)   #465
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
How about the Japanese manufacturers build cars for them to compete in DTM and the Germans build SGT cars for them to compete in SGT? Forget all this unification crap. Let each series race by themselves under their own rules.
I guess that this is the case until 2014. From 2014 on, Nissan and Toyota will build cars the new rules. That's what Aufrecht said here: http://www.motorsport-total.com/dtm/..._12042501.html
Old 25 Apr 2012, 09:19 (Ref:3065277)   #466
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
didn't dtm start an american dtm champ with the introduction of new rules ?
Old 25 Apr 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3065305)   #467
lms
Veteran

lms should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
I guess that this is the case until 2014. From 2014 on, Nissan and Toyota will build cars the new rules. That's what Aufrecht said here: http://www.motorsport-total.com/dtm/..._12042501.html
to the new DTM rules right? so they will race in both championships with different cars? Aufrecht didnt say anything about common rules with sgt. or maybe he did

Question: "Can we assume that the reverse in 2014 and Japanese manufacturers are also here at the start?"
Upright: "That I can not say this is a decision that will meet the Japanese at least, they have the same rules and the same vehicles..."

Last edited by lms; 25 Apr 2012 at 11:07.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 11:11 (Ref:3065315)   #468
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SGT will allow DTM rules cars. Nissan and Toyota are going to build cars for SGT according to those rules, which will probably be balanced with the Honda built to the old rules. There is no word yet on whether the Japanese cars will appear in DTM.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3065337)   #469
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
SGT will allow DTM rules cars. Nissan and Toyota are going to build cars for SGT according to those rules, which will probably be balanced with the Honda built to the old rules. There is no word yet on whether the Japanese cars will appear in DTM.
But why wouldn't/can't they? What possible reason could DTM have for preventing the Japanese cars racing in DTM?
Old 25 Apr 2012, 11:58 (Ref:3065339)   #470
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
But why wouldn't/can't they? What possible reason could DTM have for preventing the Japanese cars racing in DTM?
Neither side wants to budge on the engine and chassis formula I think. I can see why, the GT500 chassis are awesome
Old 25 Apr 2012, 12:02 (Ref:3065342)   #471
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
Neither side wants to budge on the engine and chassis formula I think. I can see why, the GT500 chassis are awesome
Thats how I see it too but I see the Germans as a bit more aggressive in trying to get the Japanese manufacturers to build a car for DTM as opposed to them the Germans building a SGT car.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3065365)   #472
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
No, he said it's the Japanese manufacturer's decision to make. I think DTM would welcome them with open arms, they just haven't decided yet whether they want to race in Germany/Europe.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 15:00 (Ref:3065439)   #473
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Thats how I see it too but I see the Germans as a bit more aggressive in trying to get the Japanese manufacturers to build a car for DTM as opposed to them the Germans building a SGT car.
From what I've heard the Germans are demanding not only SGT to adopt a German-spec tub, but actually a German-built tub. Which is ridiculous, IMO.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 17:04 (Ref:3065477)   #474
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
HWA said a lot in the past...not much became reality...first see than believe.
Old 25 Apr 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3065556)   #475
tbz
Racer

tbz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
HWA said a lot in the past...not much became reality...first see than believe.
100% word!