Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Sep 2010, 15:31 (Ref:2761544)   #26
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan View Post
You forgot

7. RB uses strategy to get Vettel ahead of Webber

If they are using team orders they are retarded at it.
Well, they're the same guys that thought ripping Webber's wing off and giving it to Vettel was a swell idea with no possibility of a PR nightmare.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 15:35 (Ref:2761547)   #27
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
I thought the FIA banned two-way telemetry back in 2003.

Ooh, the plot thickens...
I'm not sure about the year, but two way telemetry is banned. If a team were caught using it, well, ...
Old 19 Sep 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2761584)   #28
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
I think it's disrespectful to treat your team like that - these are often the guys that don't get the glory, that do the slogging, and then have to deal with prima donna drivers. In some circles, I hear people saying they want the interviews and the like to be less sanitized, but then when someone goes out and actually says something it is offensive and people decry them. Honesty and emotion are exciting and entertaining, but outbursts like this take way from what little respect I have less for a driver (Vettel in this case, but they all seem like cocks to me at this point).
It's been said on here before, but I'll say it again anyway...doesn't everybody say things in the heat of the moment that they perhaps wouldn't say if they were feeling a bit more measured and had more time to think about the words that come out of their mouth? I actually find it amazing that we don't hear more outbursts over the radio, because it is a high pressure situation that these guys are in. I think it's remarkable how calm they usually sound.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 19 Sep 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2761601)   #29
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Those radio transmissions (sadly) aren't live any more due to those outbursts. Now they're sometimes too late to be any use.
Old 19 Sep 2010, 18:11 (Ref:2761604)   #30
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl View Post
It's been said on here before, but I'll say it again anyway...doesn't everybody say things in the heat of the moment that they perhaps wouldn't say if they were feeling a bit more measured and had more time to think about the words that come out of their mouth? I actually find it amazing that we don't hear more outbursts over the radio, because it is a high pressure situation that these guys are in. I think it's remarkable how calm they usually sound.

I know if I was a driver trailing in the championship and needing a result and if my engine gave up on me the first thing I'd think is "I better not swear because forum posters on 10-10ths will be offended."
Old 19 Sep 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2761684)   #31
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Nice flag you have there Rick.
Lol.
Old 20 Sep 2010, 00:33 (Ref:2761717)   #32
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
"Ven ve shtopp tightening zee nuts zen you know ve are *****ing wiss you!"
Old 20 Sep 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2761946)   #33
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder what Vettel said when he was trying to pass Mark Webber?

"I am vaster than Vebber". Similar to the Alonso and Massa conversation? Quickly followed by a : "Oh sh**!" when he crashed into the side of him!