Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 12 Apr 2005, 22:11 (Ref:1276700)   #1
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
A little game about FIM GPs?

I am thinking about a little game here about guessing winners in MotoGP, 250cc and 125cc (separate classifications). If there was some interest (perhaps half a dozen or a dozen people) I could put a thread for every FIM GP.

I don't know what think about this the moderators of this forum.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 22:33 (Ref:1276704)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds like a good idea to me, count me in.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 22:39 (Ref:1276705)   #3
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sounds good
Old 12 Apr 2005, 23:14 (Ref:1276722)   #4
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds fun. Keep it simple though, just like the top 3 for each class. I can't be bothered with thoose really complicated ones. Simple mind.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 23:18 (Ref:1276724)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Top 3 seems a bit small to me. Top 10 perhaps or even a top 6, top 3 would be too easy in my mind to predict.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 02:13 (Ref:1276781)   #6
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Top 3 plus pole? That's out of 12. It's not going to be Rossi Sete Hayden, Pedrosa Stoner De Angelis, Simoncelli Kallio Talamaci every round is it :P

Hey how about make it like the FIM points score, out of 25? So that's top 6 for each class (18) plus pole for each class (+3 21) fastest lap for each class (+3 24) and plus 1 if your name starts with H and ends in "azza" or something
Old 13 Apr 2005, 05:51 (Ref:1276848)   #7
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
I have two ideas about the game. I'll put them here for your opinion about them. I have used these two previously with friends (and in another forum of auto racing), so I think they can be interesting.

-------------------------------------
First possibility:

You have to guess the podium. For example: Rossi-Gibernau-Biaggi. The score is as follows: If Rossi wins, you get 3 points, if Rossi is 2nd, you get 2 points, if Rossi ends 3rd, you get1 point. If Sete ends 1st or 2nd, you get 2 points, if Sete is 3rd, you get 1 point. Finally, if Biaggi ends 1st, 2nd or 3rd, you get 1 point.

Maximum score is 6, if you guess exactly the podium.

Second possibility:

You have to guess the winner. You can put one, two, three or four riders as winners. If you put one rider and he wins, you get 4 points. If you put two two riders and one of them wins, you get 3 points. In case you put 3 names and one wins, you get 2.5 points. If you choose to put four names, and one of them wins, you get 2 points.

Therefore, the key is to predict the winner putting the least possible numbers of candidates. But if you put too few riders, you risk getting 0 points!

----------------------------------
I really would prefer the second possibility because I'm intrigued by the strategies playing that game. But if people see more interesting the first possibility, I'd run it.

Thanks to all the posters in this thread!
Old 13 Apr 2005, 17:27 (Ref:1277321)   #8
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
10 points /class/race could be good.

1. Podium:
2 points if you get the position right, 1 point if the driver you picked is on the podium but on different place.

example, your pick: Rossi-Gibernau-Biaggi, actual result: Rossi-Biaggi-Edwards gives you 3 points.

2. Pole
2 points if you get the name right, 1 point if the driver is 2nd or 3rd.

3. Bonus question (with answer in numbers)
2 points for some extra question for each race, like "how many riders finish within second of winner?" (IMO good question for 125cc race)
2 points for correct answer, 1 point for +/- 1
Old 13 Apr 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1277343)   #9
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
count me in Schummy

Ciao Marco
Old 15 Apr 2005, 06:20 (Ref:1278558)   #10
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Well, I'll open the new game thread! (Using the "second possibility"). I hope we have a fun time there.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 06:41 (Ref:1278569)   #11
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Can't wait!

Tipping should be in before or after qualifying.
Old 15 Apr 2005, 08:44 (Ref:1278659)   #12
asha
Veteran

asha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm in!

but it looks like i have to go back and edit my post!