Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 25 Nov 2007, 19:30 (Ref:2075328)   #26
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent day today, especially so when you considered two very keen students organised it all themselves from scratch.

Top marks, hope lots of money was raised for charity.

PS:

Villa won by 0.2s from Bird, Christodulou, Ebbesvik etc. etc.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 08:34 (Ref:2075580)   #27
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crozier, v.good guess

Great great final. All the drivers were friendly and really got into it. Some of them drove like numpties, launching off eachother etc etc.

Hanley was rapid, shame about his incident. Grosjean was a top bloke and Mr Bird was mighty...

Top day.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 08:49 (Ref:2075587)   #28
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed, great stuff!

Some rather lovely cars on display too..
Old 26 Nov 2007, 08:57 (Ref:2075590)   #29
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just hope more people turn up next year. Pavillion was packed mind...

Last edited by spider; 26 Nov 2007 at 08:59.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 14:07 (Ref:2075804)   #30
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider
just hope more people turn up next year. Pavillion was packed mind...
I certainly wil not be turning up again Hate to criticise charity which is a worthy cause but this must be the worst I have been treated at a motorsports event.Arrived at gate alone at about 9am,asked guy on gate where I could find a programme,he did not know .Walked round the mostly deserted venue only to be thrown out-this was the 'VIP' area. Paying specs(£25) were not to be allowed near the drivers.After swearing at several officials a peice of paper with a time table of events was produced.Two hours later a sheet with list of entrants for main race appeared.The only food available to the public was grotty bergers or hot dogs.Things then improved when the drivers collected on the spectator side.Oh and the person I had come to see Katherine Legge was not on the entry list despite being on the one posted here the other day.oh and did the 'celebrity' race ever take place? By about 3pm I like most others decided to head for home.

Last edited by Rob29; 26 Nov 2007 at 14:11.
Old 26 Nov 2007, 19:29 (Ref:2075975)   #31
JIMGOD
Racer

United Kingdom
huthwaite
JIMGOD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
I certainly wil not be turning up again Hate to criticise charity which is a worthy cause but this must be the worst I have been treated at a motorsports event.Arrived at gate alone at about 9am,asked guy on gate where I could find a programme,he did not know .Walked round the mostly deserted venue only to be thrown out-this was the 'VIP' area. Paying specs(£25) were not to be allowed near the drivers.After swearing at several officials a peice of paper with a time table of events was produced.Two hours later a sheet with list of entrants for main race appeared.The only food available to the public was grotty bergers or hot dogs.Things then improved when the drivers collected on the spectator side.Oh and the person I had come to see Katherine Legge was not on the entry list despite being on the one posted here the other day.oh and did the 'celebrity' race ever take place? By about 3pm I like most others decided to head for home.
i heard it was organised in only 2 months.
i travelled 150 miles to marshal this event.
long delays between races.
very little if any feedback over pa system regards races. times. etc.
eventually got a programme at about 10.30am.
very little we could do anyway but flag.
only good point was the marshals race. which was held at end of race day.
would still volunteer for next year as would hopefully be a bit better organised.
totally agree with above.
not many left at end of day other than in vip area.
Old 1 Dec 2007, 04:45 (Ref:2079178)   #32
Davhut
Racer

Davhut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
only to be thrown out-this was the 'VIP' area. Paying specs(£25) were not to be allowed near the drivers
At a KART RACE? Seriously, this isn't a joke? If it's the truth, organizers where are your priorities? Raising money? Good will? Press coverage? You should be giving out media credentials like seeds to the birds at an event like this.
Nice website though.

Last edited by Davhut; 1 Dec 2007 at 04:47.
Old 1 Dec 2007, 11:40 (Ref:2079288)   #33
jimclark49
Rookie

jimclark49 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi i am someone who did a small bit to help the organisers with the race so i will try to assist with some of the comments.

rob29: the website said drivers was subject to change as a lot of them had testing and other commitments around this period - the event was done with no budget so it wasn't race of champions where u can tie people down to expensive contracts in return for guaranteed appearance. Everyone did their absolute best to make sure big names turned up ... people still got to see menu, kallio, grosjean, huff, villa and more so that's 100x better than most of these normal kart events spectaclewise.

jimgod: "very little we could do but flag" I'm not sure how much kart marshalling you've done b4 but that is normally what kart marshalling is about! there isn't need for enormous trackwalks to clear debris or to spend a long time clearing up crashes as drivers can extract themselves and their vehicle v.quickly compared to say having an off in a car. im glad u enjoyed the marshalls race though, so did all the other marshalls.

davhut: the event priority was to raise money/awareness of the charity of course and we did both of those, particularly since it should be on tv at the start of 2008. everyone who was media got a pass.

it was the first time the organisers have ever done an event like this so of course some things may need a bit of polishing for next time but the main thing was that the main racing happened and everyone loved that, especially to see alain menu win a race and javi villa the full thing. john surtees has called for the event to happen each year so if the race happens again I'm sure the feedback you've given will be incorporated into the next one to make it run even better. you have to remember this was done by just two guys so imo they did an awesome job.
Old 3 Dec 2007, 04:49 (Ref:2080275)   #34
Davhut
Racer

Davhut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is a great cause.

Next time invite my kid from the 'States.

We might show up with a bunch of increasing devalued dollars!

Why no "add photo" option here?
Old 5 Feb 2008, 18:41 (Ref:2121853)   #35
JIMGOD
Racer

United Kingdom
huthwaite
JIMGOD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i have put a few videos of the race on you tube now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL37llIE9xI