Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 8 Apr 2015, 23:57 (Ref:3525230)   #1
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Round 2: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana, 10-12 April, 2015

Round 2: Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana, 10-12 April, 2015

NOLA Motorsports Park is the latest venue to become part of the Verizon IndyCar Series and Sunday's race will also be the inaugural event for the venue. NOLA is owned by Dr. Laney Chouest and designed by Alan Wilson, whose other track designs include Barber Motorsports Park and Miller Motorsports Park. Construction began in 2010.

The venue will eventually be made up of two international race tracks, North Course and South Course, both with multiple layouts. The South track is yet to be completed but when it is, it can be linked with the North Course to form a 5.37 mile circuit. There are also multiple Karting track layouts and full service Kart center, paddock, on-site speed shop, clubhouse, autocross pad and a single lane dragstrip.

On March 14, IndyCar teams went to NOLA for initial aero-kit testing, which took place on a version of North Course A; this will be used for Sunday's race.

Will we see a recurrence of the Winglet devastation, that marred St. Pete? I hope for one hope not but I won't hold my breath.

Layout:

North Course A

IndyCar version of North Course A

Length: 2.67-mile (4.29 Km)
Turns: 14

Lap record: N/A

Last year's winner: N/A

TV Coverage:
NBCSN Sunday, March 12.
Green flag at 3:00p.m. ET.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 13:28 (Ref:3525380)   #2
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm pretty excited about this one, it will be my first Indycar race in about 25 years. This will also be my first time at the new NOLA track, I'm still a bit skeptical about the track and its ability to hold a spectator event. It wasn't designed for that and they have been on the scramble to get the last few details taken care of. For instance, parking was just announced last week - and you have to park off site and take a $20 shuttle. On top of that it doesn't appear that you can actually get to the western half of the track at all.

Now for the positives, they have been promoting the hell out of this event for the last few months. Major print advertising in the local papers, online ads, and roadside billboards. Along with the adds, the local papers have been running a lot of stories on Indycar, multiple pages on weekends, plus other stories during the week. Last Sunday there was even a special section dedicated to Indycar. They said they expect around 17,000 people, but with the gloomy forecast for the weekend I'm not sure how many will show up.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 15:45 (Ref:3525412)   #3
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Cool to see Karam and De Silvestro back for another race.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 15:51 (Ref:3525415)   #4
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
for the UK people that like to watch Indycar you must press the red button for BT Sport Extra this time around.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 19:25 (Ref:3525495)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
IndyCar has mandated upgrades to aero-kit components prior to this weekend's race at NOLA, obviously an attempt to prevent the carnage to Winglets, as witnessed at St. Pete's. I hope it works, as I don't really want to see another race with so many cautions.

http://www.indycar.com/News/2015/04/...ctural-updates
Old 9 Apr 2015, 20:02 (Ref:3525513)   #6
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just seen the drivers preview video on the IndyCars youtube channel and thought: What? Why don't they have a catch fence on the pit wall? Isn't that mandatory for a road course? If not, it should be.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 22:37 (Ref:3525557)   #7
Burp
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Burp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They didn't at the Indy GP did they
Old 9 Apr 2015, 23:19 (Ref:3525572)   #8
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Not mandatory.

I for one, can't wait to see them racing in this ****hole of a track in the swamp.
Old 9 Apr 2015, 23:22 (Ref:3525573)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Not mandatory.

I for one, can't wait to see them racing in this ****hole of a track in the swamp.
What if it turns out to be one of he best races of the season? Now there's a sobering thought, .
Old 9 Apr 2015, 23:50 (Ref:3525577)   #10
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Not mandatory.

Harsh.

I agree with bjohnsonsmith... sometimes these kind of "****holes" produce the best racing.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 00:40 (Ref:3525585)   #11
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Not mandatory.

I've said my thoughts on the track hosting a pro series already, but will give my final report after actually watching the race there on Sunday
Old 10 Apr 2015, 00:49 (Ref:3525587)   #12
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
LOOK AT IT
Old 10 Apr 2015, 01:50 (Ref:3525599)   #13
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
LOOK AT IT
I see your point, but it's kind of charming in a way. It looks like something from the 70's!

Besides, nice to see green rather than sh!tloads of tarmac!

Selby
Old 10 Apr 2015, 04:49 (Ref:3525631)   #14
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
LOOK AT IT
Enlightening to see what you look for in motorsport.

I think I will judge the place on the racing it produces. Good to see a new venue and market for Indycar.

Should be a good weekend for motorsport fans
Old 10 Apr 2015, 13:40 (Ref:3525763)   #15
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Enlightening to see what you look for in motorsport.

I think I will judge the place on the racing it produces. Good to see a new venue and market for Indycar.

Should be a good weekend for motorsport fans
Yep, if the lack of paved and painted runoff area is the most important part in motor sports, then we could suggest IndyCar to switch from aero kits to ambifio kits and move the race to some local swamp.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 14:04 (Ref:3525774)   #16
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
There's this

and there's this.

Bahrain, with all its colorful run off areas. A track, which apart from last year, has consistently produced one of the most boring GPs on the F1 calendar. We will just have to wait until Sunday to see if NOLA produces the goods or not.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 14:13 (Ref:3525776)   #17
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It looks very unfashionable and unkept. I kinda like that.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 15:54 (Ref:3525809)   #18
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
LOOK AT IT
I wonder if that red/white area on the side of the track is actually a curb or just painted cement!
Old 10 Apr 2015, 16:06 (Ref:3525815)   #19
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That testing footage is old, this is a recent picture from the pit lane:

https://twitter.com/katiehargitt/sta...146753/photo/1
Old 10 Apr 2015, 17:28 (Ref:3525839)   #20
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I'm not going to be at the track till sunday, but I'll post some of my pics as well.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 18:52 (Ref:3525859)   #21
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Practice session live on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFZLuPzhsPw

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'm not going to be at the track till sunday, but I'll post some of my pics as well.
Nice! If Sunday's not too busy, please take some pics from 'paddock nonsense' as well.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 19:51 (Ref:3525874)   #22
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Practice session live on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFZLuPzhsPw

Nice! If Sunday's not too busy, please take some pics from 'paddock nonsense' as well.
I'll do my best between rain showers.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 23:05 (Ref:3525915)   #23
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
for the UK people that like to watch Indycar you must press the red button for BT Sport Extra this time around.
I tried to read the Wikipedia article about the red button, but I still don't understand what it is. Is it pay-per-view like boxing or a-la-carte films?
Old 10 Apr 2015, 23:09 (Ref:3525916)   #24
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Those giant painted logos on the front straight are gonna be super fun when it rains Sunday.
Old 10 Apr 2015, 23:13 (Ref:3525917)   #25
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Quote:
LOOK AT IT
Oh, please!