Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 20 Apr 2015, 17:55 (Ref:3529395)   #51
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I seem to have confused myself. Was that the incident that caused the yellow? I thought when I was watching last night that I saw Kimball lose half his front wing with nobody around him. I did have some gin in me, but I don't think I was imagining it!
Yep, Chaves/Hawksworth was the only incident that caused the yellow to come out.
Old 21 Apr 2015, 11:27 (Ref:3529646)   #52
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Almost a processional race. Zero great races out of three this season so far, which is surprising. The 2012-14 early season races were pretty good.
Old 21 Apr 2015, 12:57 (Ref:3529674)   #53
Burp
Racer

United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
Burp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last 20 laps were a decent watch. Was a bit static before that.
Old 22 Apr 2015, 01:16 (Ref:3529872)   #54
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The last 15 -20 of St Pete was decent as well. NOLA aside - the racing has been decent enough for the beginning of 2015.

Indycar has set itself some fairly high standards
Old 25 Apr 2015, 11:26 (Ref:3530725)   #55
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's hope the rest of season is better. Personally, I'd love to see another NOLA race. I think the concept of racing in a swamp is pretty good. It gives races a bit of a "regional flavor". I just wish they didn't race there during the rainy season.
Old 25 Apr 2015, 15:20 (Ref:3530755)   #56
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Somewhere where hurricane season is in full swing as a roaming funnel demolishing the surrounding countryside would be a cool backdrop or how about slippin' and slidin' in the polar ice caps? Maybe some circuit in the middle of volcano season where the cars can be duckin' and divin' around lava flows?Let's have some real Mario CART.

If they can find a window at NOLA, fine. Picking a season where they are pretty much going to be washed out of the place, isn't smart. I wasn't fazed by the race personally as it was unpredictable with good albeit brief bursts of racing but it's not something that the market will think favourably of if the disparaging online reaction was anything to go by.

Last edited by Paradise City; 25 Apr 2015 at 15:25.
Old 25 Apr 2015, 19:14 (Ref:3530804)   #57
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Somewhere where hurricane season is in full swing as a roaming funnel demolishing the surrounding countryside would be a cool backdrop or how about slippin' and slidin' in the polar ice caps? Maybe some circuit in the middle of volcano season where the cars can be duckin' and divin' around lava flows?Let's have some real Mario CART.

If they can find a window at NOLA, fine. Picking a season where they are pretty much going to be washed out of the place, isn't smart. I wasn't fazed by the race personally as it was unpredictable with good albeit brief bursts of racing but it's not something that the market will think favourably of if the disparaging online reaction was anything to go by.
It obviously wasn't the smartest move to hold the race at the wettest time of the year but with 16 races crammed into such a short season, that was probaly the only slot they could get, without clashing with the other race dates.
Old 25 Apr 2015, 20:18 (Ref:3530817)   #58
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It did clash with a festival with in New Orleans, but according to the information I've found the wettest months are March and July in the area. October is the driest month and April around the middle.

http://www.usclimatedata.com/climate...tates/usla0338
Old 25 Apr 2015, 20:35 (Ref:3530820)   #59
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10TENTHS View Post
It did clash with a festival with in New Orleans, but according to the information I've found the wettest months are March and July in the area. October is the driest month and April around the middle.

http://www.usclimatedata.com/climate...tates/usla0338
They can't hold the race in October because Mark Miles doesn't want the series to clash with the NFL and there weren't any other dates available in April. I don't know if they could have swapped NOLA with Barber but it would be worth bearing in mind for next year.