Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Jun 2016, 18:47 (Ref:3647477)   #51
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plato got a verbal warning for an unsafe rejoin in qualifying and 3 points plus 500 pounds for R1, so two strikes to his name? It looked like a fairly straight forward push to pass from Lloyd's onboard. He had more speed and could've surely found a clean way past after a few laps, so good that they've acted on it.

Another verbal warning for Depper for a race 1 incident with Austin. Reprimands to Jeff Smith for spinning Collard in R1 and Austin for an incident with Hill in R2.

Some very close racing all weekend. Plato v Shedden in race 1 was good to watch, as were the big battle packs behind Cook in race 2 and Ingram in the final race. Collard was absolutely fantastic in the second race and it was sad to see him having a puncture. But another good drive up the order in the final race. Tordoff did very well, too. That second place in the final race was really impressive. He managed the tyres despite fighting for positions all the way and had more pace than the others towards the end on full ballast.

As 962fan says, the next two weekends give them a good chance to build up a bit of a lead and it's not like the BMWs were too bad at Knockhill and Rockingham in the past.
Old 5 Jun 2016, 20:35 (Ref:3647513)   #52
Liquoriceman
Racer

England
Lancashire
Liquoriceman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heard today that PMR getting impatient with Abbott not delivering on sponsorship (empty door panels) and he's racing on IOU's!

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk
Old 5 Jun 2016, 22:45 (Ref:3647538)   #53
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is a special season and I still wouldn't want to call it. And that aggression is coming back now. Six rounds left and I am sure they will be controversial, shocking and enthralling rounds. Me, excited? Noooooooo
Old 6 Jun 2016, 18:33 (Ref:3647758)   #54
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it looks like it wil be a fight between WSR and Team Dynamics for the driver's and team's titles , Indy teams title looks as good as secured for Motorbase while Jordan is leading the Indy drivers standings
Old 6 Jun 2016, 19:03 (Ref:3647763)   #55
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
what the heck is everyone talking about?

on the official UK Subaru site the WRX is offered
http://subaru.co.uk/vehicles/wrx-sti/

and it just screams NGTC
You can still buy one at the moment, but it's about to go out of production very soon. It does not feature in Subarus future plans. A new five door Impreza is coming soon, no four doors and no STI. Unless they change their minds.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 19:11 (Ref:3647770)   #56
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Really impressed with the Subaru cars this weekend. I know Mssrs Plato and Scott have being saying wait 'til Oulton, but Turks pole caught me completely off guard.

Unlucky for Flash to suffer that puncture, easy second place gone.

Young Sam Tordoff impressed me no end. Genuinely have no idea how this championship will pan out, going to be exciting that's for sure...
Old 7 Jun 2016, 11:04 (Ref:3647917)   #57
porsche962fan
Veteran

so I don't get accused when I only say about certain driver getting away with murder

Neal jumped the start , at this point the car started crawling just a bit

if he planned it, he did time it to perfection , you can only see it with slow-mo

having a FWD car myself I did notice that crawling just a bit makes you much better getaway than full power from standing

and next frame lights turned out and cars start rolling

Last edited by porsche962fan; 7 Jun 2016 at 11:21.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 11:16 (Ref:3647919)   #58
porsche962fan
Veteran

and here Cook gets a love tap so much that his rear gets lose and his bumper gets deformed but guess because Ingram was holding everyone up

and here the weird post race altercation , surprised that no penalty points were give

Old 7 Jun 2016, 12:22 (Ref:3647941)   #59
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tja View Post
Plato got a verbal warning for an unsafe rejoin in qualifying and 3 points plus 500 pounds for R1, so two strikes to his name? It looked like a fairly straight forward push to pass from Lloyd's onboard. He had more speed and could've surely found a clean way past after a few laps, so good that they've acted on it.
It definitely looked like a push to pass on Lloyd but I find the penalties inconsistent - sometimes they impose a penalty affecting the race result and sometimes they don't. Is the reason for this based on the timescales between races?
Old 7 Jun 2016, 14:05 (Ref:3647964)   #60
Tja
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF View Post
It definitely looked like a push to pass on Lloyd but I find the penalties inconsistent - sometimes they impose a penalty affecting the race result and sometimes they don't. Is the reason for this based on the timescales between races?
Usually they change the finishing order, when the two drivers finish in direct succession. Then they hand out a small time penalty to reverse the finishing order.
In this case, Plato made up another spot after the incident with Lloyd and that's when they hand out different penalties like a fine and penalty points as happened in this case.

It's not inconsistent, whether it's a good way of doing it, that's another question. Plato got to keep the additional points from the push after all and unless he collects two more strikes it'd remain completely unpunished as far as the championship is concerned.
Old 7 Jun 2016, 19:02 (Ref:3648042)   #61
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps I'm remembering it wrong, but Alex Martin's incident with Dan Welch seemed more than penalty-worthy to me as well... I was surprised not to see that on the list. I'll have to watch it again.
Old 8 Jun 2016, 09:00 (Ref:3648163)   #62
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alex Martin's 'elbows-out' style had me frowning a couple of times as well, seems a bit hot headed at times?
Old 8 Jun 2016, 12:44 (Ref:3648202)   #63
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great win by Colin, the car really has turned a corner. And Tordoff is looking good this year for a title contention. His charge in R3 with maximum ballest was the stuff of champions

Jackson and Morgan's poor quali means they are playing a bit of catch up in the title, but I don't think they're out of it yet

Plato, well TBH, I'm gonna stick my neck out and say it's been a breath of fresh air that he hasn't been the centre of attention, thus proving the series can survive without him. I wasn't impressed but not surprised by his move in race 1, but he weren't the only one. Collard's charge through the field was ruined by his incident in Race 2, hard to tell who was at fault there, but looked unnecessary. R3 got a bit manic and Tingram shouldn't have done what he did on the slowing down lap, but it's good to see him getting a trouble free weekend, even if it was unspectacular

The Hondas seem to be picking up a few punctures, any reason why?
Old 8 Jun 2016, 14:40 (Ref:3648242)   #64
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/...-pairs-battle/

This article is hilarious considering Rob hip checked Cook after rejoining the circuit and cut his own tire down from it.
Old 8 Jun 2016, 16:38 (Ref:3648259)   #65
Tja
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/...-pairs-battle/

This article is hilarious considering Rob hip checked Cook after rejoining the circuit and cut his own tire down from it.
That's what I thought too. There was a pretty decent dent in Cook's door afterwards. A bit bold to blame anyone but himself for that
Old 8 Jun 2016, 20:04 (Ref:3648302)   #66
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, Cook was a bit heavy on The defensive side all race. He was quite rough with Neal as well.
Old 8 Jun 2016, 20:31 (Ref:3648316)   #67
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yeah and Collard said he got the Puncture before he went off
Old 9 Jun 2016, 08:13 (Ref:3648402)   #68
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yeah and Collard said he got the Puncture before he went off
He didn't though
Old 9 Jun 2016, 11:04 (Ref:3648430)   #69
S griffin
Veteran

How do you know? He did go in a bit fast
Old 9 Jun 2016, 12:55 (Ref:3648459)   #70
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Because he would have gone around like a top through T1 if he cut it beforehand.
Old 12 Jun 2016, 22:11 (Ref:3649208)   #71
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
surprised the majority of field decided to use soft in race 1
The track temperature was always going to increase as the day went on, so it made sense to get the soft tyre out of the way in race one.