Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Aug 2016, 15:01 (Ref:3663589)   #1
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC Knockhill 2016

Wa-hey! It's my local round, and the least local round for most people on here - and the majority of the teams!

Hopefully a good clean days racing with none of the Snetterton...ehm...mishaps.

Dan Welch is currently full speed ahead rebuilding the Proton - I have my doubts over whether or not he'll make it, but you cannot knock the effort he's putting in.

RWD cars always go well, but I think the big Subaru might be a bit of a handful around such a tight twisty circuit, so my money is on a strong weekend for WSR and Dynamics.

Few questions...

Has/will boost be changed for certain teams?

Are the stewards re-investigating the startline chaos at Snett'?

Who will leave Scotland leading the Championship, or will the leader not need to leave because he lives just down the road?

All to play for, and I can't wait
Old 5 Aug 2016, 16:42 (Ref:3663608)   #2
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE

Old 5 Aug 2016, 16:43 (Ref:3663609)   #3
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Woah, thats one mangled Proton corpse...
Old 5 Aug 2016, 20:13 (Ref:3663692)   #4
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
Has/will boost be changed for certain teams?
Maybe, but it hasn't yet. The teams are normally told of boost changes three or four days before the race.

Quote:
Are the stewards re-investigating the startline chaos at Snett'?
They didn't investigate it a first time, deciding at Snetterton that they would do so at a later date.

Quote:
Who will leave Scotland leading the Championship, or will the leader not need to leave because he lives just down the road?

All to play for, and I can't wait
BMW would have to perform very badly, at a circuit that favours RWD cars, for Shedden to be leading the championship on Sunday night.
Old 5 Aug 2016, 21:59 (Ref:3663714)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Only things salvageable from the Proton is the interior and the engine and it's components by the look of it
Old 6 Aug 2016, 17:07 (Ref:3663827)   #6
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This championship doesn't seem to want to shake-out and I'm not convinced we will have the usual Rockingham, Silverstone, Brands build-up... Think it may be up in the air until we actually reach the final race.

Plato... No ballast, RWD friendly circuit. He will win either here or at Rockingham and I am not convinced he is not out of the title fight either.
Old 6 Aug 2016, 22:26 (Ref:3663897)   #7
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dan welch has found a shell from last year to use
Old 7 Aug 2016, 08:14 (Ref:3663957)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
This championship doesn't seem to want to shake-out and I'm not convinced we will have the usual Rockingham, Silverstone, Brands build-up... Think it may be up in the air until we actually reach the final race.

Plato... No ballast, RWD friendly circuit. He will win either here or at Rockingham and I am not convinced he is not out of the title fight either.

You must be very ambitious if you think Plato still has the chance, he has looked out of his comfort zone this year and it's more likely he'll have to back Colin up ATM
Old 7 Aug 2016, 16:18 (Ref:3664010)   #9
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
You must be very ambitious if you think Plato still has the chance, he has looked out of his comfort zone this year and it's more likely he'll have to back Colin up ATM
I have to say i am with BtccLee here, Plato is only 25 - 30 points behind Turkington and 60 or so behind Collard, he is more than capable of being in the shake up by the time they roll up at Brands.
Old 7 Aug 2016, 17:05 (Ref:3664016)   #10
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he is actually 29 points behind Colin Turkington and 11th in the standings

for him to be in with a real chance he would need both Dynamics, both WSR , Colin Turkington and the 2 Motorbase cars to have really bad weekends at once
Old 7 Aug 2016, 17:12 (Ref:3664020)   #11
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
he is actually 29 points behind Colin Turkington and 11th in the standings

for him to be in with a real chance he would need both Dynamics, both WSR , Colin Turkington and the 2 Motorbase cars to have really bad weekends at once
Not really - they could all have relatively poor weekends over a number of rounds, allowing Plato to move above them.

Given the amount of points available, it is far from over for Plato. With 20pts for a win, that gap can come down really quickly.
Old 7 Aug 2016, 17:19 (Ref:3664022)   #12
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
More to the point, Plato is quite capable of rattling off half a dozen podiums on the spin aswell isn't he, i don't think he will win the title this year but as i said earlier i wouldn't be at all surprised if he still had a mathematical chance when they get to Brands.
Old 9 Aug 2016, 09:45 (Ref:3664568)   #13
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/...-at-knockhill/
Nice to see Newsham back
Old 9 Aug 2016, 09:45 (Ref:3664569)   #14
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dave Newsham racing instead of Kelvin Fletcher this weekend. Fletcher is expecting the birth of his first child iirc, and Newsham certainly could be in the mix...
Old 9 Aug 2016, 09:46 (Ref:3664570)   #15
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dave Newsham will be back at Knockhill he is setting in for Kelvin Fletcher at Power Maxed Racing. Fletcher is missing the round due to the impending arrival of his first child - http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/...-at-knockhill/
Old 9 Aug 2016, 12:24 (Ref:3664592)   #16
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
Race bans now incorporated in the regulations from Knockhill onwards. Excellent news, and exactly what I think all of us suggested after the Snetterton carnage.

Good to see Newsham back too, I reckon he'll score more points this weekend than Fletcher in the other 9 rounds combined.
Old 9 Aug 2016, 13:11 (Ref:3664607)   #17
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Quote:
I reckon he'll score more points this weekend than Fletcher in the other 9 rounds combined.
And so he should, more to the point i wouldn't be surprised if he is ahead of Abbott.
Old 9 Aug 2016, 14:28 (Ref:3664626)   #18
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Race bans now incorporated in the regulations from Knockhill onwards. Excellent news, and exactly what I think all of us suggested after the Snetterton carnage.
likely candidats to get it

- Alex Martin
- Mat Simpson
- Ollie Jackson
Old 9 Aug 2016, 14:51 (Ref:3664635)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

Great to have Newsham back, I can see a top ten finish happening. At last he's driving for the same team he drove for the previous season!

Of course Fletcher missing Knockhill to see the birth of his first child is coincidencial, as his team mate Abbott did the same thing last year... It's going to be a busy week for Kelvin with him apparently leaving Emmerdale and now this
Old 9 Aug 2016, 16:19 (Ref:3664658)   #20
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
likely candidats to get it

- Alex Martin
- Mat Simpson
- Ollie Jackson
Why Matt Simpson?

Martin and Jackson I agree with, but Simpson hasn't been bad this year unless I am forgetting something?
Old 9 Aug 2016, 16:32 (Ref:3664662)   #21
porsche962fan
Veteran

Simpson already has 3 strikes this season
Old 9 Aug 2016, 18:01 (Ref:3664687)   #22
CM388
Racer

CM388 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm assuming that if a a driver does receive a race ban, then it will be counted as force majeure regarding the TBL?

Unless of course, a driver has already used up his annual allowance of force majeure and any absence, for whatever reason, will result in the annulling of the TBL. Now THAT could be one hell of an incentive to behave.
Old 9 Aug 2016, 22:23 (Ref:3664756)   #23
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM388 View Post
I'm assuming that if a a driver does receive a race ban, then it will be counted as force majeure regarding the TBL?

Unless of course, a driver has already used up his annual allowance of force majeure and any absence, for whatever reason, will result in the annulling of the TBL. Now THAT could be one hell of an incentive to behave.
I'd guess that a ban wouldn't be classed as force majeure because it would essentially be a self-inflicted absence.
Old 10 Aug 2016, 10:40 (Ref:3664858)   #24
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jack Goff and Jason Plato in the box seats. If they don't qualify at the front for R1 at Knockhill, then they won't for the rest of this season, IMO.

Also, I believe that if you are within 40 points of the championship lead after Knockhill, those are the genuine title contenders. I know that mathematically it can be a lot more than that, but within that bracket is the real hunt during the final 3 rounds.
Old 10 Aug 2016, 13:44 (Ref:3664894)   #25
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Tordoff's DNS for race 3 at Snetterton really hurt his chances I think. Apart from Knockhill, there are no more "RWD friendly" tracks left on the calendar. Silverstone will be a Honda / Ford domination, and I dare say the same for Brands Hatch. Rockingham is a bit of an unknown, it all depends on weather and tyre wear for that one I think. The one thing is that the races aren't long enough for the RWD cars to play the "tyre life" card, or perhaps the tyres don't degrade enough, or degrade in a way in which benefits the RWD runners.