Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Oct 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1744253)   #51
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1Fanatic
Deletraz - It takes a hell of a lot if you get lapped without the 1st 10 laps with no car problems, get cramp on the opposite are you use and then get fired for being so slow the money didn't mean anything
Deleraz's redeeming feature with regard to his stint at Pacific was his sponsorship money, only it never arrived hence him being booted out so quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1Fanatic
Other poor drivers:
Giovanna AMATI, Jacques VILLENEUVE, Sr.,Volker WEIDLER
A few queries regarding the above three; whilst I don't believe that Giovanna Amati would ever be considered a majorly successful racing driver, her stint at Brabham wasn't helped by the fact that the team failed to provide her with a custom made seat for her car. Also Damon Hill didn't exactly shine with the team, which was very much on its last legs.

Jacques Villeneuve's chances in F1 were limited by awful cars yet dominated in Formula Atlantic, plus he won in Sports Cars and Indy Cars. Volker Wiedler also drove awful car, but demonstrated his ability by winning in Formula 3, Touring Cars and Le Mans and retired due to illness before he had another crack at F1. So in the case of the last two named drivers, are there F1 experiences sufficient to pass judgement?
Old 21 Oct 2006, 20:21 (Ref:1744333)   #52
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Amati was several seconds slower than van der Poele and in a lengthy F3000 career scored zero points. Less than Paolo delle Piane, Franco Forini, Gary Evans and other total no hopers.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 13:35 (Ref:1744976)   #53
Formula1Fanatic
Rookie

England
Warrington
Formula1Fanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
Deleraz's redeeming feature with regard to his stint at Pacific was his sponsorship money, only it never arrived hence him being booted out so quickly.

A few queries regarding the above three; whilst I don't believe that Giovanna Amati would ever be considered a majorly successful racing driver, her stint at Brabham wasn't helped by the fact that the team failed to provide her with a custom made seat for her car. Also Damon Hill didn't exactly shine with the team, which was very much on its last legs.

Jacques Villeneuve's chances in F1 were limited by awful cars yet dominated in Formula Atlantic, plus he won in Sports Cars and Indy Cars. Volker Wiedler also drove awful car, but demonstrated his ability by winning in Formula 3, Touring Cars and Le Mans and retired due to illness before he had another crack at F1. So in the case of the last two named drivers, are there F1 experiences sufficient to pass judgement?
True, but he was going to be booted out by Yamamoto anyway, and I think even the Pacific team were embarassed they got someone so slow into F1.

The title of this thread is Worst grand prix driver ever 1906 onwards. Sure, the other 3 might have had some success in other categories, but in F1, they were out of there depth. Amati actually got worse in each 3 tries, and was 3 seconds slower than the next driver. Villeneuve never came close to qualifying in his 3 drives and Weidler never pre-qualifed in the Rial and only got into qualification through Christian Danner and was the slowest then
Old 22 Oct 2006, 14:02 (Ref:1744992)   #54
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Racer_kyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to say Ide was pretty poor this year.

I always remember Rosset being a total fool... He had a silly incident at monaco qualifying in 1998... oh and in the huge pileup at Spa, he is the one who just drives into the lot of them at high speed at the end... as if he didn't even see what was going on.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 14:46 (Ref:1745010)   #55
Ciro Pabón
Rookie

Colombia
Bogotá, Colombia
Ciro Pabón should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernie Ecclestone not only DNQ in two races: in 1951 F3 race he crashed at Brands Hatch and his car ended in the parking lot. After that he devoted to sell cars. Then he came back in 1958 as a privateer with the 2 DNQ mentioned. I wonder how he dares to give advice to Jenson Button right now...

"From 1906 onwards" is a hard task... Not only history of the pre-1950 years is fragmentary, most people don't remember it very well. I have to produce difficult to believe explanations when I say that Ralph de Palma has been the best driver ever, imagine if we talk about the worst.

My "favorite worst driver" is Luca Badoer. 56 races and no points. Bad luck, I guess, as he won F3 championship as a rookie.

I wonder why nobody has mentioned f1rejects. Great site (pleeze, I have nothing to do with the site).
Old 22 Oct 2006, 14:56 (Ref:1745024)   #56
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It gets mentioned a lot actually, check out the podcast thread!

Welcome to the forum Ciro!
Old 22 Oct 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1745413)   #57
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what about that woman driver who didnt qualify and then got replaced by Damon Hill? BTW, I have nothing against women drivers....
Old 22 Oct 2006, 20:46 (Ref:1745424)   #58
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Amati...mentioned above.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 20:55 (Ref:1745436)   #59
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have nothing against female drivers too. Apart from that awful suit they have to wear.
Old 22 Oct 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1745445)   #60
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Hehehe....I'm inclined to agree with you there...