Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Dec 2007, 20:19 (Ref:2082363)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ford Rising Stars... On or Off?

Whispers from the powder room suggest that the Ford Rising Stars Racing concept may have met a premature end in its current form.

Complicating matters is the alleged loss of the team's two major commercial sponsors, in electrical company Lawrence & Hanson, part of the much larger Hagemeyer group, as well as the Summit Fleet Leasing/Just Cuts/Dencomm funding that arrived with now estranged driver Mr G.Denyer.

With the FPR fettled chassis used by Mr Caruso to win the final round of the development series championship allegedly having now been sold to WPS, it begs the question as to what chassis are available for this team to run as AA/MN have reported, in both the main game and development series in 2008.

Especially with the reports that the ex-SBR and ex-LMS BA's as used by Mr Caruso and Mr Denyer earlier in the season have allegedly already been committed/delivered to Mr Bastian's Prova Motorsport equipe in Queensland

Choosing other chassis and preparation organisations would not be impossible.. but for this team, these deals dont seem to last beyond a season, sometimes not even lasting that long.

Presuming any of this actually happened
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Dec 2007, 20:34 (Ref:2082380)   #2
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had thought WPS were purchasing the two current FPR main game rides, is this not the case now??
Old 5 Dec 2007, 21:24 (Ref:2082418)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood
I had thought WPS were purchasing the two current FPR main game rides, is this not the case now??
They are allegedly purchasing 2 FPR chassis... Mr Winterbottom's 2007 chassis, and the ex-TKR chassis, which was allegedly always owned by FPR...
Old 5 Dec 2007, 22:36 (Ref:2082456)   #4
MarkInTheStands
Racer

Australia
Lalor Park
MarkInTheStands should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
They are allegedly purchasing 2 FPR chassis... Mr Winterbottom's 2007 chassis, and the ex-TKR chassis, which was allegedly always owned by FPR...
Begs the Question what is happening with 605, (Richos Current Chassis).
Old 5 Dec 2007, 22:55 (Ref:2082464)   #5
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rather than a guess at who is driving for who, can we have a list of which chassis will be available for use by teams other than who entered said chassis at PI?
Old 5 Dec 2007, 23:03 (Ref:2082469)   #6
MarkInTheStands
Racer

Australia
Lalor Park
Well if what I have been reading off the Forums, and V8Supercars website and in speaking with Richo at the Start of the year, I can only assume

503 - Mark Winterbottom > WPS
504 - Michael Caruso > WPS
605 - Steven Richards > ????FRS???? with Updates from 70X Series
706 - > New
707 - > New

And it is still unclear where 402 is as it was sitting next to 503 and 504 at FPR in the access all areas video taken just before Sandown 06, where 504 won. 402 was in Cat Livery at the time.
Old 5 Dec 2007, 23:59 (Ref:2082499)   #7
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe 605 is being kept as a spare. FPR retaining ownership of the ex-TKR car this year would have been the equivalent of them having a spare car (BA to BF conversion aside).

Do we know for sure that FPR are building two new cars for 2008 anyway? Perhaps only Frosty gets a new BF, and Richo waits until he gets an Orion.........
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 6 Dec 2007, 00:32 (Ref:2082510)   #8
MarkInTheStands
Racer

Australia
Lalor Park
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 XR8
Maybe 605 is being kept as a spare. FPR retaining ownership of the ex-TKR car this year would have been the equivalent of them having a spare car (BA to BF conversion aside).

Do we know for sure that FPR are building two new cars for 2008 anyway? Perhaps only Frosty gets a new BF, and Richo waits until he gets an Orion.........
Well the Original Whisper was that WPS would get 503 and 605 so FPR would be building 2 new cars any rate.

So it then comes down to are FPR running a customer car for FRSR, if so why not use the Oldest Car for them FRSR and build 2 new Chassis for 2008.

The Orion is another thing. Is it a confirmed Starter next year or not? If not then Putting 2 new cars together seems like the best move for FPR. Maybe the new shells will also have their updates from the Orion installed and ready to test and improve before they are put in the New car at the Start of 09.

I know 605 was being built (was shown in the Access All Areas Video) before Sandown last year so. . . you would have to think at least one of the new cars would be very close to completion by now?
Old 6 Dec 2007, 03:58 (Ref:2082567)   #9
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if FRSR is comming to an end it seems everything is falling down around poor Andrew Thompson first PWR now FRSR.

Caruso should be Okay at Waldens though .
Old 8 Dec 2007, 01:28 (Ref:2084060)   #10
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cant have too much of problem with chassis, as there are 2 Ford Rising Star cars at Wakefield Park now.
Old 8 Dec 2007, 01:31 (Ref:2084062)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz
Cant have too much of problem with chassis, as there are 2 Ford Rising Star cars at Wakefield Park now.
A ride day with the ex-SBR & ex-LMS chassis, allegedly now belonging to Prova?
Old 8 Dec 2007, 01:51 (Ref:2084069)   #12
dirttrack
Racer

dirttrack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My understanding of the situation was WPS have or will shortly take delivery of the spare chassis from FPR not the FRS x Team Kiwi. The rest of the story is along the lines of taking delivery of Winterbottoms current car around the time of the GP. So WPS could start next year with one FPR to be driven by probably Wilson as he is Mr Gores favourite child forcing Bargs to soldier on in on of the current chassis for at least a few rounds.
Old 8 Dec 2007, 01:52 (Ref:2084070)   #13
jc1965
Rookie

jc1965 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can someone inform me if this is correct?

BA 01 - 2007 ANT Racing Luke Youlden
BA 02 - 2007 Britek Gurr
BA 03 - 2007 Britek Bright
402 - debut by Ritter in 05, is this the car that had the cage through the bell housing? Used Bathurst 06 as car Number 5 and Bright after he wrecked 504 at Clipsal. Where is this car now?
503 - 2007 Winterbottom
504 - 2007 Caruso FRS
605 - 2007 Richards
706 - new for 2008

So perhaps FRS dont own the car that caruso run for part of this year? Surely FPR are not going to build 2 new BF when they also have to build the test mule Orion?? So would WPS be getting 503 and 402 perhaps, still leaving 504 for FRS and 605 for Richo, new BF for Frosty?
Old 8 Dec 2007, 02:09 (Ref:2084072)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1965
Can someone inform me if this is correct?

BA 01 - 2007 ANT Racing Luke Youlden
BA 02 - 2007 Britek Gurr
BA 03 - 2007 Britek Bright
402 - debut by Ritter in 05, is this the car that had the cage through the bell housing? Used Bathurst 06 as car Number 5 and Bright after he wrecked 504 at Clipsal. Where is this car now?
503 - 2007 Winterbottom
504 - 2007 Caruso FRS
605 - 2007 Richards
706 - new for 2008

So perhaps FRS dont own the car that caruso run for part of this year? Surely FPR are not going to build 2 new BF when they also have to build the test mule Orion?? So would WPS be getting 503 and 402 perhaps, still leaving 504 for FRS and 605 for Richo, new BF for Frosty?
FPR are not building the Orion "test mule". It has been contracted to Ford's chosen chassis constructor, Pace Innovations.
Old 8 Dec 2007, 04:36 (Ref:2084115)   #15
MarkInTheStands
Racer

Australia
Lalor Park
So I guess the riddle we are all trying to figure out is,. . . . Does FPR have the Bandwidth to build 2 new cars, and if so how far down the lines are the new car/s
Old 8 Dec 2007, 05:11 (Ref:2084122)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
There was an ad in AA this week for a shedload of jobs @ FPR... unless there was a cleanout.. it looks like they are building up?
Old 8 Dec 2007, 09:33 (Ref:2084202)   #17
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There was an ad in AA this week for a shedload of jobs @ FPR... unless there was a cleanout.. it looks like they are building up?
With A.Thompson in the FRSR main series entry and a likely return by one G.Denyer to drive the FRSR DVS entry - both to be run by FPR, yes I suspect they are building up for a big 2008.
Old 8 Dec 2007, 13:25 (Ref:2084311)   #18
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiMagic
With A.Thompson in the FRSR main series entry and a likely return by one G.Denyer to drive the FRSR DVS entry - both to be run by FPR, yes I suspect they are building up for a big 2008.
Would they really have G.Denyer back? I thought he burnt the bridge then tapdanced on the ashes. Or is this form of FRSR different to the one Mr Morton was running, and therefore expected to be both up to Mr Denyer's required standards, and also not holding a grudge against him for the earlier ash-dancing?
Old 8 Dec 2007, 15:03 (Ref:2084358)   #19
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
IMO can't see him comming back but stranger things have happened, maybe Tim Slade could get a ride here as every other drive he has had has fallen from under him.
Old 10 Dec 2007, 22:22 (Ref:2086040)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Just proving that time/money heals all wounds....
Old 11 Dec 2007, 01:01 (Ref:2086131)   #21
MarkInTheStands
Racer

Australia
Lalor Park
Maybe I have been out if it, But were is Caruso going to end up.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 01:07 (Ref:2086134)   #22
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I suppose now it is time for Denyer to show the people what all the talk about is. Now he is in the big time.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 11 Dec 2007, 02:26 (Ref:2086155)   #23
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:

Just proving that time/money heals all wounds....
i would say it's the later more than anything as 1 round and a few months isn't a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInTheStands
Maybe I have been out if it, But were is Caruso going to end up.
main game with Walden driving one of the ex-PWR barge if rumours are correct, Holdens Britek and now Waldens will take the manttle atleast the Britek barge will have company on the last row of the grid but Caruso is better than that car.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 02:29 (Ref:2086157)   #24
MarkInTheStands
Racer

Australia
Lalor Park
When you say the Britek Barge, that is BA02 from FPR circa 2003?
Old 11 Dec 2007, 02:41 (Ref:2086163)   #25
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
those cars were crapthen and still are, Bright couldn't even get a laptime out of it at Sandown and Bathurst during practice with the cross entering of drivers.