Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 19 Apr 2017, 11:37 (Ref:3727735)   #126
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
Would be great to see a race where they wind the boost up a bit!

Daft question, but do they (TOCA) ever divulge by how much the ride height was out? Are we talking the whole splitter or just a few cm section hanging down at one side?

Also, I know the top three cars are tested as they enter the pit lane, but are all 32 tested? I only ask as you rarely hear of cars down the grid failing ride height tests?
It's not measured precisely. they run a roller under the car - if it can't fit, you fail the ride height.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 12:29 (Ref:3727744)   #127
Bowser
Rookie

Bowser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone else spot the overtaking under yellows in the run to the chequered flag of race 2?
Simpson stranded with Jeff smith being overtaken by Morgan and AWE!
No mention of it anywhere and I've a few others confirm what I saw
Old 19 Apr 2017, 12:42 (Ref:3727748)   #128
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I'd like there to be longer races, not by a lot, but say between 4-7 laps longer depending on the circuit. I don't quite understand why the Porsches have a 33 lap race and then the BTCC races are "only" 16 laps each.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 15:26 (Ref:3727772)   #129
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure this'll do the rounds but here it is anyway:

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/billymonger23
Old 19 Apr 2017, 15:38 (Ref:3727777)   #130
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post

I'm absolutely devastated on his behalf. You forget how dangerous this sport can be at times. I hope he uses it as inspiration, like Alex Zanardi has done, and goes on to be a huge success in motorsport - or whatever else he wishes to do with his young life.

The only positive I can source at this time is that he is still with us. If that crash had happened a few years ago I doubt we'd be able to say that.

My thoughts are with Billy and his family at this difficult time. It's at times like this that the much cliched motorsport family will come together, and I trust they will get all the help and support they need.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 16:42 (Ref:3727785)   #131
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was the race team that Billy was racing in that said the news which is now on Autosport (I forgot about the race team)
Old 19 Apr 2017, 17:07 (Ref:3727790)   #132
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Call me callous; but why would anyone donate to this?

ANYONE involved in motorsport at the level he was competing at is very wealthy. I'd much rather see people donate money to others, who have no publicity, than to some rich kid who got hurt racing. Hundreds of people every year suffer injuries as bad or worse, and most will be unlikely to see £260k worth of support in a lifetime. It just seems so unfair that the fact he was ludicrously rich to begin with will now mean he gets even more money, when some people are desperately struggling. I'd humbly suggest rather than contributing to this Just Giving, make a donation to Scope or anyone of a number of these charities https://www.scope.org.uk/support/fam...iagnosis/links

P.S. I'm well aware he's not one of the most heavily funded drivers on the grid, but the point still stands that anyone there at all is better off than 95% of the population.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3727801)   #133
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
It was the race team that Billy was racing in that said the news which is now on Autosport (I forgot about the race team)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
I understand most people watching the BTCC races at the weekend will have seen and be aware of Billy Monger's crash. But I feel that a thread in the touring car section may not be the best place to discuss a F4 incident and subsequent views and opinions?

Not wanting to shy away from the topic, but is a BTCC rds 4-6 thread the right place for this?
Old 19 Apr 2017, 18:11 (Ref:3727812)   #134
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Not wanting to shy away from the topic, but is a BTCC rds 4-6 thread the right place for this?
The thread tends to be for BTCC and supports usually.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 18:27 (Ref:3727818)   #135
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Nothing wrong with mentioning his sad case but this topic is for cars with a roof.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 18:33 (Ref:3727824)   #136
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Nothing wrong with mentioning his sad case but this topic is for cars with a roof.
Actually, just the touring cars

Occassional mentions of support races can slide, and of course mentioning the campaign, there's no issue.

Debating the incident, and certainly whether it's right to donate to such a cause are not topics for this section however. Thank you.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 18:34 (Ref:3727825)   #137
FFSM
Rookie

FFSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post

ANYONE involved in motorsport at the level he was competing at is very wealthy. I'd much rather see people donate money to others, who have no publicity, than to some rich kid who got hurt racing. Hundreds of people every year suffer injuries as bad or worse, and most will be unlikely to see £260k worth of support in a lifetime. It just seems so unfair that the fact he was ludicrously rich to begin with will now mean he gets even more money, when some people are desperately struggling. I'd humbly suggest rather than contributing to this Just Giving, make a donation to Scope or anyone of a number of these charities https://www.scope.org.uk/support/fam...iagnosis/links

P.S. I'm well aware he's not one of the most heavily funded drivers on the grid, but the point still stands that anyone there at all is better off than 95% of the population.
I understand where you're coming from, but it's still a hell of a lot of money. Some parents beg, borrow and steal to get their kids on the grid and support their dreams, and while they may not be on the breadline it's still a big financial commitment to do it. AFAIK Billy's funding is more akin to Tom Ingram - with local, family/friends type businesses chipping in, than it is Jason Plato's mega-deals with national companies .

Also, this has garnered a lot of media attention and people who saw the incident may well be emotionally affected - people will feel involved and it will help them to help Billy.
Old 19 Apr 2017, 18:35 (Ref:3727826)   #138
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think given that there's nothing further to add from the Donington Park BTCC weekend itself, I'll close this thread.
Closed Thread