Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 30 Sep 2011, 21:53 (Ref:2963240)   #51
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
You make it sound like Massa went up to Hamilton, told him to **** off and punched him in the face.
I don't think bella did.
Quote:
He tapped on the shoulder said something sarcastic and walked off...
that is what bella said he did.

Whether that is inappropriate is a different point.

To be fair to Louise it wasn't reckless, it was a misjudgement. He's been an idiot on track, that wasn't one of them.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 23:59 (Ref:2963276)   #52
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Hamilton's driving is apparently to be discussed in the driver briefing at Suzuka.

http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/04575

Can't imagine which driver/team set that ball rolling?!
Old 1 Oct 2011, 00:43 (Ref:2963293)   #53
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Oran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Meanwhile over at the house of one J.Button, Jenson is relaxing on his couch thinking his F1 career is going along juuust fine! He seems to have climbed another 'personal' level as a racer, almost saying "I don't have anything else to prove".

While Louise....(sorry, read that above somewhere!)......Lewis doesn't really know where (or who) he is in F1 at the moment. Being the subject of a briefing regarding his driving isn't the kind of publicity he or his lolly pop management would wish for. This will just intensify his already self conscious mood of late.

Old 1 Oct 2011, 01:06 (Ref:2963300)   #54
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Were is the hatred and dislike coming from regarding Lewis?
Old 1 Oct 2011, 02:49 (Ref:2963318)   #55
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Martin Whitmarsh has come out and again backed Lewis. See this :-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/for...ren-chief.html

Hmmmm, comparing him to Schumi and Senna - he has a long way to go before that I think. Only 1 WDC so far.

I suspect he might drive a reserved race in Suzuka, much like he did in Monza. Just to stay out of the limelight.
Old 1 Oct 2011, 05:14 (Ref:2963334)   #56
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Hamilton's driving is apparently to be discussed in the driver briefing at Suzuka.

http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/04575

Can't imagine which driver/team set that ball rolling?!
"He cannot use his mind - even in qualifying," said the Brazilian driver. "Again, he could've caused a big accident. He's paying for it. He doesn't understand that. He has done it to me so many times this year."
Meanwhile, Sir Jackie Stewart said he was confused as to why Hamilton, a driver with immense skill, had been involved in so many incidents this season.
"I am a bit confused because he certainly knows how to drive and has a very large amount of natural talent," the Scott told Autosport. "The race incident was again uncalled for, so I think he needs to think about his mind-management. He has the skills, and he has the abilities, but unfortunately he is having too many incidents."
Old 1 Oct 2011, 08:21 (Ref:2963350)   #57
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
There has always been a certain amount of dislike on here when it comes to Lewis, but i haven't read anything in this thread that suggests hatred. Harsh criticism granted.
Old 2 Oct 2011, 01:16 (Ref:2964168)   #58
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it's unprofessional and inappropriate to interrupt someone elses tv interview -
I think its unprofessional to punt a competitor in a race and not cop to making the mistake that cost the both of you a chance of good result

What does surprise me is after silly mistakes you hear Hamilton say in interviews "I have forgotten about it...i am looking forward to the next race"

I knows its just sportman diatribe but I think he is best go to his trailer, cry and drink and cry some more, remember the disappointment, remember the sh1tty feeling, accept he played a part in what happened and go about eliminating it from his "racing moves repertoire" and remember how much better it feels to be on the podium and in the points every race and being in the hunt for the WDC.

Its painful to watch Lewis at the moment. Lost at sea and whilst you expect work champions to be mentally strong enough to turn things around...Hamo seems to be going backwards. Its awkward to hear Whitmarsh use the work "petulant" in describing his driving in Sinapore...

I hope Hamo stops talking about the team having to deliver a better car and start with banking the results he should be getting in the car....and just enjoy it. I hate the fact a guy with everything in the world at his feet, ability, support of family and great team, money and health make such a meal of what should be rewarding years
Old 2 Oct 2011, 15:28 (Ref:2964351)   #59
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
From the crash victims & fans of the crash victims; the same animosity wellspring that furnished the dislike for Senna & Schumi.
Old 2 Oct 2011, 17:14 (Ref:2964387)   #60
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
From the crash victims & fans of the crash victims; the same animosity wellspring that furnished the dislike for Senna & Schumi.
While your thoughts about Hamilton may be correct I'm not convinced by the analogy with Senna and Schumi as a large part of the dislike for them sprang from resentment that they dominated the sport and so often deprived us of a close race for the win (whether race or championship) as anything else. I don't think we can level this criticism at Hamilton! There is already a ripple of resentment against Vettel and if he continues on his current trajectory I guarantee it will build into a wave, this is where the parallel with Senna and Schumi lies.

You can see this happen in many sports, for example both Hendry and Nadal attracted a good deal of angst from snooker and tennis fans during their respective periods of dominance.
Old 3 Oct 2011, 00:22 (Ref:2964543)   #61
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
While your thoughts about Hamilton may be correct I'm not convinced by the analogy with Senna and Schumi as a large part of the dislike for them sprang from resentment that they dominated the sport and so often deprived us of a close race for the win (whether race or championship) as anything else.
Ask the JV fans why they adore Michael so, I'm sure is NOT about the winning.
Old 3 Oct 2011, 01:07 (Ref:2964549)   #62
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
From people who must wish to see the return of boring "follow the leader" races.

Apart from one unfortunate error he actually drove a great race in Singapore but we still get the same old morons coming on here waiting for the next thing to bash him about.

Hamilton's accident was a gentle tap compared to Schumacher's, which actually endangered other drivers. But for some reason Hamilton apparently deserves a fine, a ban, and his own topic on the next drivers meeting.

Last edited by Flat12-Aircool; 3 Oct 2011 at 01:13.
Old 3 Oct 2011, 02:37 (Ref:2964569)   #63
willb
Racer

willb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool View Post
From people who must wish to see the return of boring "follow the leader" races.

Apart from one unfortunate error he actually drove a great race in Singapore but we still get the same old morons coming on here waiting for the next thing to bash him about.

Hamilton's accident was a gentle tap compared to Schumacher's, which actually endangered other drivers. But for some reason Hamilton apparently deserves a fine, a ban, and his own topic on the next drivers meeting.
Schumachers hit was worse than Hamiltons and probably deserved an equal penalty. However, the drivers meeting isn't about just one incident, rather it is about all the incidents Hamilton has been involved in.
Old 3 Oct 2011, 04:23 (Ref:2964595)   #64
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
While your thoughts about Hamilton may be correct I'm not convinced by the analogy with Senna and Schumi as a large part of the dislike for them sprang from resentment that they dominated the sport and so often deprived us of a close race for the win (whether race or championship) as anything else. I don't think we can level this criticism at Hamilton! There is already a ripple of resentment against Vettel and if he continues on his current trajectory I guarantee it will build into a wave, this is where the parallel with Senna and Schumi lies.

You can see this happen in many sports, for example both Hendry and Nadal attracted a good deal of angst from snooker and tennis fans during their respective periods of dominance.

The greatest wave of anger and resentment against Vettel followed his coming together with Webber.
He then made his crazy guesture, refused to acknowledge that he was guilty of causing the accident, and his team then blamed Webber for the contact. This was followed by howls of outrage!

Not that this scenario would bear any resemblence to any of Hamilton's many contacts with other cars.
Old 3 Oct 2011, 05:28 (Ref:2964609)   #65
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
Ask the JV fans why they adore Michael so, I'm sure is NOT about the winning.
Not ALL of course but a large part as I said in my original post, I am speaking from experience of the motorsport fans I have known over the years. Of course the analogy is also imperfect because TGF and Senna both *deliberately* caused collisions, so far as I am aware this is one of the few things Hamilton has never been accused of.
Old 3 Oct 2011, 05:31 (Ref:2964610)   #66
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
The greatest wave of anger and resentment against Vettel followed his coming together with Webber.
He then made his crazy guesture, refused to acknowledge that he was guilty of causing the accident, and his team then blamed Webber for the contact. This was followed by howls of outrage!

Not that this scenario would bear any resemblence to any of Hamilton's many contacts with other cars.
Give it a few years there will be plenty more to come
Old 3 Oct 2011, 09:03 (Ref:2964712)   #67
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
deeks6 mostly ...
Old 3 Oct 2011, 09:09 (Ref:2964716)   #68
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
People comparing the Hamilton and Schumacher incidents at Singapore are missing a point.

Hamilton was penalised because his error ruined Massa's race. Schumacher only ended his own race.
Old 3 Oct 2011, 09:18 (Ref:2964725)   #69
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
See below.

Last edited by strider; 3 Oct 2011 at 09:20. Reason: Intervening posts.
Old 3 Oct 2011, 09:19 (Ref:2964727)   #70
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Give it a few years there will be plenty more to come
I disagree. Vettel is smart enough to learn from his mistakes and that was a really big one, so it won't happen again.

Hamilton, on the other hand, doesn't really think that he makes mistakes, despite the occasional bit of PR speak, so he won't learn.

Here's a really frightening stat about Vettel. He's 23 now and on the verge of his second world title, yet he's seven years younger than Jenson Button, who a lot of people would say is driving better than ever. Think about it.
Old 3 Oct 2011, 09:23 (Ref:2964733)   #71
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Some drivers mature later than others, but yes - potentially seven years of improvement, with 2 WDCs already.

I like Martin Whitmarsh, and I know he's just talking up his own man (and so he should), but comparing Lewis to Schumacher and Senna is just laughable.
Old 3 Oct 2011, 10:38 (Ref:2964804)   #72
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I disagree. Vettel is smart enough to learn from his mistakes and that was a really big one, so it won't happen again.

Hamilton, on the other hand, doesn't really think that he makes mistakes, despite the occasional bit of PR speak, so he won't learn.

Here's a really frightening stat about Vettel. He's 23 now and on the verge of his second world title, yet he's seven years younger than Jenson Button, who a lot of people would say is driving better than ever. Think about it.
Just for the record, many of us here lambasted Vettel for this incident - me included.

"Think about it."

I am, I am!
Old 3 Oct 2011, 10:46 (Ref:2964812)   #73
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
People comparing the Hamilton and Schumacher incidents at Singapore are missing a point.

Hamilton was penalised because his error ruined Massa's race. Schumacher only ended his own race.

Perez also received a puncture in the MS incident, the same as Massa did with Hamilton.
Old 3 Oct 2011, 11:14 (Ref:2964840)   #74
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Perez also received a puncture in the MS incident, the same as Massa did with Hamilton.
You're right. They should have given Schumacher a drive through penalty.......

Meanwhile.

"Hold Hamilton as much as we can. Destroy his race as much as we can. Come on, boy..."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95025

Last edited by Marbot; 3 Oct 2011 at 11:39.
Old 3 Oct 2011, 11:39 (Ref:2964871)   #75
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
I hadn't realised that.

However, Perez didn't receive a puncture from Michael directly driving into him did he? Presumably he picked it up on the scattered shards of cf.