Glock 0 0%
Ricciardo 0 0%
Other 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Oct 2011, 20:36 (Ref:2972888)   #51
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I could do it, but your name will be still in Alguersuari's list. Do you want it anyway ?
I'll leave it then. I don't want to skew the stats. I'm still happy with my original choice, but I felt Kovalainen merited some recognition there. Good to see someone's voted for him though.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 20:57 (Ref:2972902)   #52
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Hamilton - definitely. Lots of people having a dig at him, under enourmous pressure to perform, then defends his postion for that long! Vettel wasn't under any pressure (he's already champion). He was just out there having some fun in the best car. I can't see how anyone could give it to him.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 21:01 (Ref:2972905)   #53
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtype38 View Post
Hamilton - definitely. Lots of people having a dig at him, under enourmous pressure to perform, then defends his postion for that long! Vettel wasn't under any pressure (he's already champion). He was just out there having some fun in the best car. I can't see how anyone could give it to him.
It was a very mature piece of driving by Hamilton, something we haven't seen much of recently.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 21:02 (Ref:2972907)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I'll leave it then. I don't want to skew the stats. I'm still happy with my original choice, but I felt Kovalainen merited some recognition there. Good to see someone's voted for him though.

Yeah, some new member called Inane Khaki Evil OK.......
Old 17 Oct 2011, 21:04 (Ref:2972910)   #55
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Button couldn't really stay with Hamilton.

********. He did.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 21:07 (Ref:2972912)   #56
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkione View Post
Button couldn't really stay with Hamilton.

********. He did.
Ok, then, if you prefer – 'big round spherical things, he did'.

Pick the bones out of that.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2972969)   #57
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
I've been thinking about that. What Ferrari need is a driver who if he is in front of Alonso, won't be holding him up.
Massa has shown time and again that his most robust defence is against Alonso. Australia 2010 was the 1st case in point. Alonso could well have made the podium today but being stuck behind Massa neutralised his effectiveness.
I have no issue with them racing if Massa was actually a racer.
Well..... Massa was a racer ...... until Alonso showed up, and then he was told to fall in behind. Ferrari has reaped what it sowed, or what Fernando sowed....
Old 17 Oct 2011, 22:55 (Ref:2972997)   #58
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Well..... Massa was a racer ...... until Alonso showed up, and then he was told to fall in behind. Ferrari has reaped what it sowed, or what Fernando sowed....
I don't think Massa's accident has helped his situation and made him take more of a back seat.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 23:23 (Ref:2973017)   #59
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I don't think Massa's accident has helped his situation and made him take more of a back seat.

Ditto...
Old 18 Oct 2011, 00:53 (Ref:2973048)   #60
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
God, I hate these 'driver threads'.

Anyone care to guess where Newey was at the weekend, whilst his RB7 was winning the constructors championship, again? (Rhymes with: Spilt-on-beans)

Should be same old same old, next year.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 01:44 (Ref:2973055)   #61
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Ditto...
Jeremy...

A very interesting interview he did last weekend...
Old 18 Oct 2011, 19:44 (Ref:2973472)   #62
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Massa was never a racer, just over-taking a few cars does not make you a racer, its your mind set.
Thats why I find comments about Vettel not being a racer as ridiculous.

Massa was first told in Australia 2010 to move over as Alonso was quicker. Yet he didn't relent. Alonso lost out on a potential win because of this and a report by Mark Hughes reported that Alonso gathered all the main men together to change their working practice at Maranello.
Alonso is a selfish driver. So was Schumi, so was Senna. So is Vettel. So what? They are competitive animals.
After the British GP, Alonso said he could still win the WDC despite trailing by 47 points. He was absolutely spot on.
So Massa was asked to move aside in Germany. Big deal, it was the correct decision.
Smedley caused alot of problems that day, because he made it clear what was being asked, despite countless teams using team-orders since 2003 when they were banned.
No-one made a song and dance about Hamilton/ Kovalainen in 2008.

Massa may have been damaged after Hungary 09, but some people's blinkered views won't accept that Alonso would have beaten Massa into submission in 2007, 08 and 09 anyway.
Alonso is a racer, Hamilton, Vettel and Schumacher are racers. In bikes, you have Rossi, Simoncelli and Lorenzo that are racers.
Massa, Webber, Rosberg, Barrichello are fast drivers. Get over it...

I think the best combination I've ever seen was Senna/ Berger because you had genius and a team-mate that could beat him on occasion but understood that he was on a different level. Mclaren allowed them to race and it was honest.
Isn't it amusing, how people reluctantly credit Alonso with some brilliant drives, by saying that a car that's 3rd best can make the podium and challenge for wins. I have never heard Massa get any credit for his drives in a mediocre car...

Roll on 2012, hopefully a Ferrari that is equal to the pace and let's see what happens.
Old 18 Oct 2011, 23:32 (Ref:2973587)   #63
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Jeremy...

Any chance of a translation?
Old 19 Oct 2011, 00:20 (Ref:2973602)   #64
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Any chance of a translation?
http://translate.google.com/
Old 19 Oct 2011, 00:22 (Ref:2973604)   #65
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Thanks, .
Old 19 Oct 2011, 00:28 (Ref:2973607)   #66
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Jeremy...

Thank you Bon I enjoyed reading between the lines, very good interview...
Old 19 Oct 2011, 00:52 (Ref:2973610)   #67
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
An interesting interview. I hope I didn't lose too much in translation but I get the feeling Massa's putting on a brave face, in the face of adversity. It all hinges on next year.
Old 20 Oct 2011, 13:43 (Ref:2974317)   #68
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Just read in Motorsport news, and don't know whether its been mentioned here, but Hamilton and Button had problems with their front wing for the entire race. LH was apparently running 10 points less downforce (whatever that means) that required, which is why he was complaining of understeer.

Puts both their drives in a different perspective.

Macca are currently investigating why there was such a problem.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 20 Oct 2011, 13:49 (Ref:2974319)   #69
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Just read in Motorsport news, and don't know whether its been mentioned here, but Hamilton and Button had problems with their front wing for the entire race. LH was apparently running 10 points less downforce (whatever that means) that required, which is why he was complaining of understeer.

Puts both their drives in a different perspective.

Macca are currently investigating why there was such a problem.
It was mentioned elsewhere that both drivers suffered with large amounts of understeer due to tyre debris getting stuck inside parts of their front wings. Both drivers had run out of adjustment on the front wing. Apparently it was Button who suffered from it to a greater degree because he was following Webber much more closely than Hamilton was following Vettel.
Old 20 Oct 2011, 13:57 (Ref:2974322)   #70
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
It was mentioned elsewhere that both drivers suffered with large amounts of understeer due to tyre debris getting stuck inside parts of their front wings. Both drivers had run out of adjustment on the front wing. Apparently it was Button who suffered from it to a greater degree because he was following Webber much more closely than Hamilton was following Vettel.
I noticed a lot more rubber than usual on the side of the track, so maybe not surprising the front wings got clogged.