3 2 4.26%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Oct 2011, 13:07 (Ref:2971891)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Race : Korean GP

Rate the race...
Old 16 Oct 2011, 13:18 (Ref:2971898)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!

Actually thought it was a bit dull after the first couple of laps (the mutli car scrap over the first lap was fantastic) and apart from Nico v Jense and Webbo v Ham, there was precious little else to marvel at?

Individually good drives aren't noticeable on a tv screen other than when they come up behind other cars and even then if they don't race it doesn't add up to much for average joe.

The DRS zone was rubbish for such a long straight and didn't seem to work that well. Odd.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 13:32 (Ref:2971911)   #3
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Enjoyed the Webber/Hamilton battle and other fights down the field.

Not a bad circuit but it will go the way of Turkey with the lack of support from the local people.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 13:43 (Ref:2971920)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
5. To say the least, a great start and that was all.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 14:11 (Ref:2971928)   #5
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I gave it a 5, apart from the Webber/Hamilton I thought it was rather boring..
Old 16 Oct 2011, 15:10 (Ref:2971948)   #6
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was pretty good, there was an uncertainty throughtout the entire race. I especially liked the Arnoux - Villeneuve battle .... errr Mark Webber - Lewis Hamilton battle. 8 for me.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 15:21 (Ref:2971953)   #7
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
A 7. Some good scraps through the field. Tyres didn't play as big a part as perhaps they should have.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 16:28 (Ref:2971976)   #8
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I guess we didn't actually see all the action, but I thought overall it was a great race. with action throughout......pity it didn't involve the leader, but you can't have everything
Old 16 Oct 2011, 16:46 (Ref:2971980)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was an exciting start and the Hamilton/Webber battle kept alive what was a rather a dull race. 5
Old 16 Oct 2011, 16:50 (Ref:2971982)   #10
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
6. In previous years I would have given it a 7 or even an 8, but we're getting used to exciting races now.

The first lap was thrilling. The Webber-Hamilton reprise of Villeneuve-Arnoux was good, but I wasn't greatly enthused by the rest of their battle. Button-Rosberg was fun for a couple of minutes.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 17:31 (Ref:2971995)   #11
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For me, seven.

Whilst Yeongam is no Suzuka, I found it more entertaining than last week. Perhaps the focus on the inevitable S.Vettel championship detracted from that for me. Today was a Grand Prix, and a fairly good one.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 17:49 (Ref:2972011)   #12
blaffer
Racer

Belgium
Antwerp
blaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apart from the duel between Webber and Hamilton, it was a pretty boring race.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 18:12 (Ref:2972029)   #13
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The sandwich filling that was the Webber/Hamilton battle was fraught. A six.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 19:16 (Ref:2972068)   #14
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
8 from me. The Webber/Hamilton scrap was amasing. Likewise with Rosberg holding off the Ferraris. Plus Perez as well.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 21:02 (Ref:2972129)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I gave it a 5, apart from the Webber/Hamilton I thought it was rather boring..
That sums it up for me, too.

Live timing does help a lot because you can keep track of things the cameras and even the commentators miss.
Old 16 Oct 2011, 22:21 (Ref:2972208)   #16
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
I was hoping for the rain that never showed up. Oh well some good scraps but I give it a 5. What was the attendance for the weekend because it looked horrible on tv. Let's get a race in Mexico. We can show the world our passsion for motor sport.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 01:09 (Ref:2972345)   #17
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm starting to come up with a theory that the rating a race gets here depends on the time slot it fills in Europe. Get used to it this is a World Championship and they can't all be broadcast live in your timeslot.
In many ways thw Webber Hamilto duel was the sort of classic we used to think only happened once every couple of seasons. Kers and DRS both worked to give opportunity to overtake without ever making it a certainty, and the unexpected tyre life gave it an air of uncertainty to late in proceedings.
Gave it an 8
Old 17 Oct 2011, 01:13 (Ref:2972348)   #18
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
I'm starting to come up with a theory that the rating a race gets here depends on the time slot it fills in Europe. Get used to it this is a World Championship and they can't all be broadcast live in your timeslot.
In many ways thw Webber Hamilto duel was the sort of classic we used to think only happened once every couple of seasons. Kers and DRS both worked to give opportunity to overtake without ever making it a certainty, and the unexpected tyre life gave it an air of uncertainty to late in proceedings.
Gave it an 8
I live in London and got up to watch it live. A start to a good morning's sport followed by the second RFU World Cup semi-final.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 01:31 (Ref:2972356)   #19
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I live in London and got up to watch it live. A start to a good morning's sport followed by the second RFU World Cup semi-final.
Watched the same match live and I'm going to rate that event as a disaster.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 01:37 (Ref:2972360)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Watched the same match live and I'm going to rate that event as a disaster.
Fairenough but an interesting match nontheless.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 01:43 (Ref:2972363)   #21
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6. The Webber-Hamilton duel and the performance of Alguersuari were islands of good watching in a boring race.
Old 17 Oct 2011, 01:45 (Ref:2972366)   #22
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A thoroughly enjoyable race. 8
Old 17 Oct 2011, 07:51 (Ref:2972472)   #23
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its interesting to note the wide range of ratings for this race
Old 17 Oct 2011, 07:54 (Ref:2972473)   #24
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
5, meh!
Old 17 Oct 2011, 10:44 (Ref:2972560)   #25
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
7 from me. Some good racing, and the battle for second was intense.