Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 12 Aug 2003, 12:16 (Ref:686124)   #1
ste_dot
Rookie

ste_dot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stock Hatch and 'chipping'

Hello chaps, Stock Hatch tech regs say: "Modified 'chips' may be fitted". Are Unichips allowed?

Cheers in advance-
Ste

Last edited by ste_dot; 12 Aug 2003 at 12:17.
Old 12 Aug 2003, 13:26 (Ref:686199)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That'll be the crinkly kind. Personally I recommend straight cut "Steak Fries".
Old 12 Aug 2003, 20:46 (Ref:686603)   #3
Stone-kicker
Racer

England
Stone-kicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought you guys had full blooded dents rather than just chips...
Old 13 Aug 2003, 15:56 (Ref:687254)   #4
ste_dot
Rookie

You two are a waste of skin. Thanks.
Old 13 Aug 2003, 18:09 (Ref:687358)   #5
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chill out a bit! Maybe nobody knows the answer! *shrug*

Why not ring the championship co-ordinator as they're going to be the one with the definite answers.
Old 13 Aug 2003, 18:24 (Ref:687364)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by ste_dot
You two are a waste of skin. Thanks.

Maisie,

What our friend doesn't realise is that without a sense of humour you get nowhere in club motorsport.

However to be serious STE, Maisie is correct. Only the man (or woman) who rules the regs can answer the question.But I still say Steak Fries are best.
Old 13 Aug 2003, 23:26 (Ref:687706)   #7
PDL
Rookie

PDL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I say run with the unichip.

As a carb engined car, I cannot have one - I see nothing wrong with running it and hear on the grapevine that many others do.

Phil Law
Old 14 Aug 2003, 11:20 (Ref:687992)   #8
goforit500
Veteran

goforit500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSA Legal Pump fuels such as 76 RM+. Expensive but worth it..Great power releaser !!
Old 14 Aug 2003, 12:52 (Ref:688106)   #9
ste_dot
Rookie

Hehe, thanks chaps.

Where do I get this "76 RM+" ?
Old 14 Aug 2003, 14:10 (Ref:688179)   #10
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Millers CVL will give you 100 Octane from fresh Super Plus. 1 bottle treats 20 litres and it's MSA legal
Old 14 Aug 2003, 14:19 (Ref:688187)   #11
goforit500
Veteran

RM+ is 101 octane !!
Old 14 Aug 2003, 14:21 (Ref:688188)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
And its legal? I thought the limit was 100 octane these days.
Old 14 Aug 2003, 15:30 (Ref:688244)   #13
goforit500
Veteran

Thats what it says on the tin and the marketing blurb...I think its 101 anyway...The motor was mapped specifically for it as it was the only legal fuel available better than Super+...

Smells like rocket fuels and burns like it too. Had no problems since we started using it...
Old 14 Aug 2003, 15:41 (Ref:688251)   #14
PDL
Rookie

PDL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think stock hatch regs say no fuel additives allowed. I know they do check samples as well.
Old 14 Aug 2003, 15:59 (Ref:688273)   #15
mark ch
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepshed
mark ch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And guess what... I imagine after reading this the pit marshals and scrutineers maybe looking hard at the stock hatches. It may may worth getting the regs out and double checking everything.
Old 14 Aug 2003, 16:48 (Ref:688331)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Too true. So how long have you been a Stock Hatch Scrute then?
Old 14 Aug 2003, 19:54 (Ref:688478)   #17
Stone-kicker
Racer

England
Stone-kicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You only have to walk around the paddock to see cans of 76 RM+. so I think it is openly used. I've heard that it is the fuel to use from another stock hatch competitor.

Also, F1 fuel is supposedly pump fuel isn't it?
Old 21 Aug 2003, 11:43 (Ref:694248)   #18
ste_dot
Rookie

Regs are as follows:

5.15.3. Fuel: Only petrol as defined in section P of the MSA Yearbook for the current year may be used. The use of power boosting additives by competitors in any fuel is prohibited.
At the end of practice and the race at least 3 litres of fuel from the tank of the competing car must be available to the scrutineers for analysis...

Which to me means the likes of Millers CVL etc. is not allowed as it's a 'power boosting additive' whereas this 76RM+ should be allowed because it's MSA defined yet is a fuel itself rather than an additive?? They don't make it easy do they!
Old 21 Aug 2003, 11:59 (Ref:694275)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Ah but Millers CVL is actually a valve protection additive. The fact that it boosts as well is a side issue.

How do you think the CTCRC runs a lot of its cars?
Old 21 Aug 2003, 12:03 (Ref:694281)   #20
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
higher octane helps protect as well in some respects so its a bit of a grey issue???

historics are allowed CVL so Im going to use it!