Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 14 Jan 2015, 15:42 (Ref:3492774)   #26
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
As much as I hate Kurt Busch, I wish him all the best in this endeavor.
Yea! What's wrong with watching 7 Years in Tibet naked while having a good cry?
Old 14 Jan 2015, 15:44 (Ref:3492776)   #27
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Yea! What's wrong with watching 7 Years in Tibet naked while having a good cry?
Lol! Or a good laugh!
Old 14 Jan 2015, 15:56 (Ref:3492779)   #28
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I thought about making it its own thread, but in all honesty, Kurt Busch is correct. His ex, like all women, is certainly an assassin. Most, however, just prefer to kill slowly over a long long long period of time. Where he is wrong is the training part as it just comes naturally to them.

In other news, Nascar greatly overestimated the interest in their hall of fame and yet has convinced other folks to pay off their debts:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...l#.VLaRhCvF9Og

I wish I could convince somebody to pay off my student loans, car loan, mortgage.....Heck I'd settle for somebody buying me lunch!
Old 14 Jan 2015, 17:33 (Ref:3492796)   #29
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
So, uhh...

Source: Delaware News Journal, via Jayski

Not sure what to say, really
What a story.

I think it's time for a new Talladega Nights movie:

"Talladega Nights: The assassin of Ricky Bobby"

Old 14 Jan 2015, 18:28 (Ref:3492818)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, i broke down and read past the headlines....
Quote:
"Everybody on the outside can tell me I'm crazy, but I lived on the inside and saw it firsthand," Busch said in response to a question from his attorney Rusty Hardin, according to the Wilmington News Journal.
http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/112...is-an-assassin
I feelya, buddy. I've been there, too.

Keep the up defamation. It can only help your case, right?

What a trainwreck....
Old 15 Jan 2015, 00:11 (Ref:3492918)   #31
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
:

Keep the up defamation. It can only help your case, right?

What a trainwreck....
What if she actually is an assassin? What then?
Old 15 Jan 2015, 00:32 (Ref:3492924)   #32
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
What if she actually is an assassin? What then?
She probably would have, as Jules Winfield said, taken care of Kurt Busch already and we'd be having a different trial.

No assassin would have put up with his nonsense as long as she did.
Old 15 Jan 2015, 01:24 (Ref:3492932)   #33
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
She probably would have, as Jules Winfield said, taken care of Kurt Busch already and we'd be having a different trial.

No assassin would have put up with his nonsense as long as she did.
Maybe Kurt gives good foot massages?
Old 15 Jan 2015, 01:26 (Ref:3492933)   #34
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Maybe Kurt gives good foot massages?
:ROFL: got his technique down and everything. Don't be ticklin or nuthin.
Old 15 Jan 2015, 01:33 (Ref:3492938)   #35
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
This story is the gift that keeps on giving.

Two quotes From here http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorspo...cket-commando/
"His claim that Driscoll returned from a covert mission in a gown splattered with blood seemed to cement his belief in her status as a Black Ops badass. The only thing missing was a mention of the two sharing custody of a German-speaking goldfish."
"If we're lucky, Busch's next round of testimony will reveal he's a ninth-level, Wu-Tang-trained Ninja who specializes in Chessboxing."

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Thanks MP and KB. I needed a good laugh this week and I get several from that read.
Old 15 Jan 2015, 11:31 (Ref:3493033)   #36
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am following this story, as a passing interest, and am not a dedicated NASCAR fan but I get the feeling that the NASCAR drug testing policy is not stringent enough.
Old 15 Jan 2015, 21:30 (Ref:3493164)   #37
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The XM NASCAR radio guys were going crazy over how everyone else is sports media is taking this story and making NASCAR look bad and it's a black eye for the sport. Personally they, NASCAR and broadcasters, should view it as comic relief and laugh about how absurd the whole thing is, the team is pretty much screwed for having any serious discussion in their media events for the next 6 months though.
Old 16 Jan 2015, 12:37 (Ref:3493277)   #38
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I thought about making it its own thread, but in all honesty, Kurt Busch is correct. His ex, like all women, is certainly an assassin. Most, however, just prefer to kill slowly over a long long long period of time. Where he is wrong is the training part as it just comes naturally to them.
You know you are a wise man.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 12:51 (Ref:3494440)   #39
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why not just open the doors and let everyone in for free. At least it will look good for T.V.

[QUOTE]Buy one, get one at Atlanta: For one week only, Atlanta Motor Speedway is making an unbelievable discount offer available to fans for the Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 on Sunday, March 1. Race fans can purchase "buy one, get one," or "BOGO" Lower Champions Grandstands or Upper Winners Grandstands seats located on the AMS front stretch. This offer presents a 50 percent discount off the normal value and allows purchasers the opportunity to get two front stretch tickets for the price of one. Lower Champions Grandstands tickets, normally $99 apiece, will be available for $49.50 each, while Upper Winners Grandstands tickets, regularly priced $135, are on sale for $67.50 each. The BOGO promotion is only available while supplies last and will end at 5:00pm on Monday, Jan. 26. Fans are strongly encouraged to act quickly before the limited inventory runs out. All BOGO tickets must be purchased in pairs.(AMS)(1-20-2015)
/QUOTE]

This along with the two free tickets w/haircut from (not so) Great Clips doesn't give me the "warm and fuzzies for good crowd at AMS.
Old 20 Jan 2015, 14:23 (Ref:3494457)   #40
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
That or they can remove more stands and build more buildings in the infield to make it look more "full".
Old 21 Jan 2015, 07:56 (Ref:3494699)   #41
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Easier to just manipulate camera angles to create that illusion I would have thought. At least that seems to be the standard practice.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 14:04 (Ref:3494796)   #42
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
Easier to just manipulate camera angles to create that illusion I would have thought. At least that seems to be the standard practice.
This is very true for all motorsports and sports in general. Nascar tv broadcasters have done all they can using this method, IMHO. Even still, some shots from the past 4 years on TV have shown massive amounts of emptiness at most, if not all tracks.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 15:47 (Ref:3494829)   #43
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
The real shocker of recent years, for me, has been the empty seats at Bristol. I mean I get it is a huge capacity there so you can have a sound attendance and it will be patchy, but it still seems WAY down on years gone by.
Old 21 Jan 2015, 17:32 (Ref:3494857)   #44
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
It's happening everywhere, but its more prevalent at Bristol. So many seats in a smaller space and its hard to keep the camera off them. It really started after the reconfiguration, which did nothing to help attendance.
Old 22 Jan 2015, 18:54 (Ref:3495230)   #45
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just pulled this out of the Onion archive:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/jef...=Pic:1:Default

fitting as the retirement is on its way.
Old 22 Jan 2015, 19:19 (Ref:3495239)   #46
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't imagine watching NASCAR without the yellow 24. Jeff is the one that got me into NASCAR. Just for him, I guess I'll watch every single race this upcoming year, even the boring ones.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the 24. Personally, I want someone to take over the number after Jeff officially retires.
Old 23 Jan 2015, 10:43 (Ref:3495492)   #47
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
I can't imagine watching NASCAR without the yellow 24. Jeff is the one that got me into NASCAR. Just for him, I guess I'll watch every single race this upcoming year, even the boring ones.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the 24. Personally, I want someone to take over the number after Jeff officially retires.
I fully expect Chase Elliott to carry on the #24 legacy once he moves up fulltime for the 2016 season.

Nothing of the above is official, of course, but c'mon, it's quite obvious that's the plan. IMHO, anyhow
Old 23 Jan 2015, 12:02 (Ref:3495512)   #48
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I am pretty much a fan of Chase Elliott and not of the sport these days. I found myself watching nw races more last year than cup races.

And as an extreme non Gordon fan, I don't care what he does and when, but he has left his impact on the sport, no doubt about it. If Chase ends up in the #24, I guess I'll slap a #24 sticker on my camper or something. It will feel very odd. Just wish the Dawsonville Pool Room was still open and they could stick one more Dawsonville Daytona winner on the walls of the Daytona room.
Old 23 Jan 2015, 13:11 (Ref:3495541)   #49
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Gordon is part of the furniture. It'll be bizarre someone else in the 24.

I can't say this will unduly influence my viewing habits mind you.
Old 23 Jan 2015, 14:51 (Ref:3495582)   #50
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised if Hendrick "retires" the 24 for a few years and gets a new number for Chase to develop his own "brand". Also, Jeff said he would run a limited schedule of something (including Cup) so he can use the 24 for that.