Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 2 May 2015, 00:29 (Ref:3532773)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know I might upset Armco Bender, but I really prefer using sheepskin seat covers over leather seats.

My Honda has leather seats and a sunroof, and the next one I buy is likely to have neither... I have probably opened the roof less than a half dozen times, the dust comes in... and the leather is not as luxuriant to your posterior compared to a pukka sheepskin...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 May 2015, 08:15 (Ref:3533480)   #27
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I know I might upset Armco Bender, but I really prefer using sheepskin seat covers over leather seats.

My Honda has leather seats and a sunroof, and the next one I buy is likely to have neither... I have probably opened the roof less than a half dozen times, the dust comes in... and the leather is not as luxuriant to your posterior compared to a pukka sheepskin...
I enjoy lifting the back of the sunroof so it keeps the air moving in the car, often don't need the aircon when you do this.

Don't you find sitting on sheep skins a bit like driving your car sitting on a ladder?
Old 3 May 2015, 10:19 (Ref:3533554)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I enjoy lifting the back of the sunroof so it keeps the air moving in the car, often don't need the aircon when you do this.

Don't you find sitting on sheep skins a bit like driving your car sitting on a ladder?
I find that I perspire more on leather seats..
Old 4 May 2015, 04:09 (Ref:3533869)   #29
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I find that I perspire more on leather seats..
That is what I use the aircon for, I must admit I don't find it a problem, although on hot days, black upholstery in the sun ....
Old 4 May 2015, 16:39 (Ref:3534045)   #30
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
although on hot days, black upholstery in the sun ....
Genuine leather is still ok on hot days, but those vinyl seats which were the standard in 60's till the mid 70's are awful if the car has been under the sun for a while.
Old 5 May 2015, 06:19 (Ref:3534218)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Genuine leather is still ok on hot days, but those vinyl seats which were the standard in 60's till the mid 70's are awful if the car has been under the sun for a while.
A Sydney hot day can be 45C and upwards inside the car...
Old 5 May 2015, 10:01 (Ref:3534274)   #32
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
A Sydney hot day can be 45C and upwards inside the car...
Distorts the speaker covers on the back shelf and pops the metal grills off the plastic base, and they don't go back ever.
Old 5 May 2015, 10:04 (Ref:3534275)   #33
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Those vinyl seats were horrible things!

I like leather too. Best seating material on balance I think, does not stain and wipes clean.
Old 5 May 2015, 11:06 (Ref:3534289)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Those vinyl seats were horrible things!

I like leather too. Best seating material on balance I think, does not stain and wipes clean.
Cracks though..
Old 5 May 2015, 11:51 (Ref:3534304)   #35
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Cracks though..
not if maintained correctly.
Old 5 May 2015, 15:13 (Ref:3534353)   #36
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Cracks though..
Sometimes patina is cool. Though it may not be cool if you buy a new BMW and (white leather) seats start to develop patina after three years.
Old 7 May 2015, 17:51 (Ref:3535207)   #37
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
overhead compartment for sunglasses. simple feature but so necessary for those who wear glasses. removes the clutter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Blue tooth and a UBS slot, what a relief to get rid of cassettes and CDs after years of cluttering up the car !
totally. also an SD card reader. the sound quality of CD's (often better depending on the bitrate of your mp3 files) without the clutter. i am not a fan of streaming music services at all!

on a side note also like how cig lighters have evolved into charging ports for mobile devices.
Old 7 May 2015, 22:44 (Ref:3535289)   #38
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
overhead compartment for sunglasses. simple feature but so necessary for those who wear glasses. removes the clutter.

totally. also an SD card reader. the sound quality of CD's (often better depending on the bitrate of your mp3 files) without the clutter. i am not a fan of streaming music services at all!

on a side note also like how cig lighters have evolved into charging ports for mobile devices.

I'm with you here Chilli, mp3 music always sounds very flat and thin compared to CDs. I run a multi-disc changer in preference to using blue tooth for music. Not about to walk around with a cd player however!
Old 19 May 2015, 21:03 (Ref:3539456)   #39
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heated seats are a blessing for me. I'm an achy mess on cold mornings and they make life so much better.

Current car has luggage rail things in the boot so you can slide packages- again, very useful!
Old 4 Jun 2015, 09:55 (Ref:3544840)   #40
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Heated steering wheel. Sounds stupid, but don't knock it til you try it. And don't try it if you can't get it. There is no going back.
Aha! I understand now!
Used one for the first time today.
Because of your recommendation!

ACE!

Who would have thunk!
Old 11 Nov 2016, 08:42 (Ref:3687120)   #41
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Overhead sunglasses holders are no good when your car has been parked outside on a hot summers day, and the metal arms of your sunglasses leave burn marks on your head.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Nov 2016, 09:37 (Ref:3687126)   #42
wnut
Veteran

Ouch, that sucks!

What colour is the car if I may ask?
Old 11 Nov 2016, 10:49 (Ref:3687137)   #43
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dark silver.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Nov 2016, 16:24 (Ref:3687202)   #44
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that does suck!

also recently discovered by accident that the panic button on the side of my key fob works while im driving!

i guess it works as intended because it caused me great panic and scared the heck out of the cars lined up next to me at the stop light!