Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 16 Jan 2005, 01:15 (Ref:1201927)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Lego

Never been a Ferrari fan, but I've loved Lego Blocks since the day after I was born. Still got 'em all - my kids (and I) are playing with them these days.

Today I was browsing through a WalMart store when I happened to notice this new set.

Oh yeah... I bought it!

The entire collection looks tres cool, I plan on buying them all.
Old 16 Jan 2005, 02:01 (Ref:1201949)   #2
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like a Brands Hatch school car
Old 16 Jan 2005, 02:03 (Ref:1201950)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I used to love lego too. I still do, but all my old lego is in storage.

I used to really love Lego TECHNIC
To be honest, there ain't a lot there on the site, but there used to be some awesome things you could make. I remember a black super car that also made an incredibly detailed (for lego anyway) F1 car too as an alternative build. I had the smaller, less expensive F1 car. That had springy suspension, rack + pinion steering, moving engine pistons, adjustable wings, everything
Old 16 Jan 2005, 03:00 (Ref:1201968)   #4
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've just got the large F1 for Christmas, and I think I had the black car pirenzo described above.
I regret not getting the Williams they were selling 1-2 years ago though
But yeah, Legos rule
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 16 Jan 2005, 08:38 (Ref:1202041)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We've got boxes and boxes of the stuff, some in the loft, some in the back bedroom. We seem to be hanging on to it for "our grandchildren......."
Old 16 Jan 2005, 08:57 (Ref:1202055)   #6
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lego the creator of childhood dreams !!!!! i loved it i got my box in the attic might myander up and go and play ........ anyone been to legoland ?????
Old 16 Jan 2005, 08:57 (Ref:1202056)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Legoland? I thought that was my loft..........?
Old 16 Jan 2005, 10:51 (Ref:1202097)   #8
Vicki
Veteran

England
Stoke
Vicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVicki should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I went and got my Lego driving licence in those wicked Lego cars! Put too much power on first time I pressed the pedal and crashed though.
Old 16 Jan 2005, 11:09 (Ref:1202109)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I spent hours playing with Lego when I was kid. It's great stuff and there is still loads of it in our loft too.
Old 16 Jan 2005, 11:25 (Ref:1202115)   #10
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy
anyone been to legoland ?????
Yes! The real one in Denmark not the one near Windsor.

Old 16 Jan 2005, 17:55 (Ref:1202353)   #11
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
One of the best things about having kids is that your old Legos come out of storage and back into everyday life! I'm having more fun with them than the kids are.

Many years ago our family went to the CN Tower in Toronto. Just as you walked into the front door, there was an incredibly-detailed Lego version of the tower, easily over three-stories tall. That is something I'll never forget - at that age I was in awe.
Old 16 Jan 2005, 18:51 (Ref:1202386)   #12
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only problem for me was when I wanted to make something really big or detailed I'd run low on some rare part or something of a specific colour-I'd tell my parents and they'd say "nah, you already have too many".
They just didn't understand..

Last edited by Magical Trevor; 16 Jan 2005 at 18:52.
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 17 Jan 2005, 11:58 (Ref:1202905)   #13
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That Ferrari in the first pic looks great, I've always wondered what type of cars you could make with Lego......mine always looked like Volvos!
Old 17 Jan 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1202938)   #14
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Trevor
The only problem for me was when I wanted to make something really big or detailed I'd run low on some rare part or something of a specific colour-I'd tell my parents and they'd say "nah, you already have too many".
They just didn't understand..

Parents *sigh*

When I was young i'd dig out the Duplo because they had the wheel "bases" and i'd throw some blue, yellow and red blocks together and i'd relive Alan Jones' Brilliant Race Victories in the ATCC*. And of course there would be the inevitble 'big' shunt with the yellow benson and hedges car, but AJ would walk away annother day. Pfft. They should've raced my car at bathurst

And I was totaly cheesed off that they brought out a Starwars lego set. I had to use my goddamn imagination to build thoose speeders. A couple of 4X10s was all it took

* okay, I was a child, and I didn't know that AJ didn't have ATCC race victories

Oh and I forgot the inevitble Prost/Senna/Mansell duels aswell. Allways cliffhangers. And i'd manufacture it so that Christian Fittipaldi would have his shunt at monza at the end of *every* race...

Last edited by Hazza; 17 Jan 2005 at 12:50.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 14:05 (Ref:1202989)   #15
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Well I only always had the basic square blocks! But I could build a mean looking F14 Tomcat from that! These days it seems all the lego has disapeared

*cries*

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 17 Jan 2005, 16:52 (Ref:1203080)   #16
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, you couldn't say you'd built anything from real lego until you could build something with lots of curves out of those square blocks. My best I think was a container ship (just try doing the hull with square blocks!!!)
Old 18 Jan 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1203733)   #17
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i made a massive base. It taken up my floor space ..... the base sadly got infected with "time to tidy your room" disese and was blown up ...... aaaa memories .

Last edited by Mike_Wooshy; 18 Jan 2005 at 13:12.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1213257)   #18
ned-jr
Rookie

United Kingdom
rainham, essex
ned-jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i built an exact replica of the nissan skyline out of 2 fast 2 furious (and no it wasnt a volvo with blue stripes down the middle) but.........then comes along your cleaning crazy mum who thinks that you actually "superglue" the peices together and drops it on the floor, and then to add insult to injury trys to rebuild it (THE CHEEK OF IT!!!) And then it looks like a mangled volvo with a stack of blue tiles on the roof!!!!

Last edited by ned-jr; 30 Jan 2005 at 18:05.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1213285)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
........ anyone been to legoland ?????
I went to the one in Windsor in 1996 during a period of my life where I went mad over Lego. I remember the entry price being about £60 each and my dad going absolutely mad!!!

I had all sorts of Lego stuff......I had a Wild West fortress complete with jailhouse and horse stables, a race track, tons of massive Lego Technic vehicles, a train set.

There was one time I actually made my own Legoland in my bedroom, printed out tickets and charged my own friends entry into my bedroom to see it!!!!
Old 30 Jan 2005, 23:05 (Ref:1213416)   #20
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
good times ?
Old 31 Jan 2005, 00:29 (Ref:1213463)   #21
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, this is what I do with Lego:

The all-new Sauber C24, complete with flip-ups and bargeboards! Shame the wheels are too small.

(I also have a BAR 001, a 003, two Reynards and a Lola made, do you want to see them?)
Old 31 Jan 2005, 14:17 (Ref:1213808)   #22
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A lot of effort there Jordi, show us the rest!
Old 31 Jan 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1213944)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good effort Jordi, although I fear for the windtunnel results. It would just blow apart!
Old 31 Jan 2005, 17:54 (Ref:1213946)   #24
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
good times ?
Certainly were.

I long to be a kid again.
Old 31 Jan 2005, 22:11 (Ref:1214141)   #25
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah Lego! Marvellous for keeping adults amused on New Year's Eve whilst waiting for midnight!

When my son was little, he had loads and loads of Lego stuff and every New Year's Eve he'd get packed off to bed early (quite right too I thought). Once the "grown ups" were conviced he was asleep, out would come the Lego. It's amazing what you can build after a few glasses of wine!