Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 13 Jul 2006, 17:53 (Ref:1655538)   #76
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suppose, in a way, it is a collectable record of the races you have been to.

But that is no excuse.....I guess when you are at a meeting though, you are so happy to be there you just buy anything anyways.
Old 13 Jul 2006, 18:03 (Ref:1655550)   #77
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I dunno about that though. If it was just some anorak sort of way of recording which meetings you've been to then we'd just keep our race tickets, wouldn't we?
Old 13 Jul 2006, 18:33 (Ref:1655571)   #78
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I do that too!

The programmes do at least list who was racing that day, which is cool. You can look back at your Monaco GP programme in 70 years time for example and say "I saw Bruno Senna race a Porsche that year" whilst wondering how much you could sell the programme for!
Old 13 Jul 2006, 19:23 (Ref:1655615)   #79
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
70 years...

erm...
Old 13 Jul 2006, 19:29 (Ref:1655624)   #80
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, maybe not you Craig.
Old 14 Jul 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1656292)   #81
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'm a bit of a n00b with ebay, but i have some champcar press bits and bobs from a few years ago. would there be a market for them, do you think? i don't really want to waste effort on it!
Old 14 Jul 2006, 16:33 (Ref:1656304)   #82
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Mediawhore!

I don't know too much about the Champcar scene and how much interest there is in it now. I searched eBay for champcar press, champcar media, cart press, cart media, etc. and found a grand total of 7 items listed - all of them season guides. This would suggest that there's not that much interest in team press kits but I may be wrong - it could mean that they are damn rare and worth a packet!

Only one way to know with these things, list a couple and see what response you get.
Old 14 Jul 2006, 17:46 (Ref:1656331)   #83
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I flogged a 1989 Detroit Indycar press pack signed by Rick Mears, Al Unser Jr, Bobby Rahal and Carl Haas last year.

I hate to break the news that even with some pretty first-class sigs, I only managed £15 for it.
Old 14 Jul 2006, 18:32 (Ref:1656368)   #84
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i've listed a couple of trial press thingies from the btcc, so we'll see what they get.

i think it's as much about advertising to the right crowds you know? i reckon if you'd have said say, on tenths that you had that for sale then a lot of enthusiasts might have thought "i'd like to buy that".

for me, it's that i don't want to keep these things, but someone else might be interested.

and i'm skint.
Old 15 Jul 2006, 08:16 (Ref:1656695)   #85
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
I don't think that the powers that be want the site littered with unpaid adverts and I don't blame them. Though there might be scope for a sub forum of AE where people can post links to auctions they are running, I guess, let's see if there's the need over the next few weeks and, if there is, I'll suggest it.