Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Apr 2020, 15:40 (Ref:3968243)   #2576
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Highly likely Simon, and thank you.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 20:22 (Ref:3968316)   #2577
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very sorry for your loss Andrew.
Old 2 Apr 2020, 21:26 (Ref:3968322)   #2578
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very sad news Andrew. Very sorry.
Old 3 Apr 2020, 14:50 (Ref:3968424)   #2579
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For what it's worth, 2.30pm start time for the September race.

Still don't think I'd put a lot of money on it running. But fingers crossed!
Old 3 Apr 2020, 22:58 (Ref:3968496)   #2580
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I received some sad news last evening. A very good old friend died late on Tuesday night. Noone here (other than Bentley03, AllonFS or tonypowe knew him) but some will have heard me talk of my trips to Le Mans in years past with 'The Tourists'. Ian was the 'Chief Tourist' and I had known him for the best part of 40 years, originally in a professional capacity. He went down with cancer 4-5 years ago and sadly lost the battle on Tuesday. The only saving grace was that he died at home with his family. With everything else that's going on, I guess there will be no possibility of attending his funeral either....
Sorry to hear that. All the best to you and all that knew him. I hope you get to a chance to say goodbye in an appropriate way.
Old 4 Apr 2020, 05:02 (Ref:3968523)   #2581
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I received some sad news last evening. A very good old friend died late on Tuesday night. Noone here (other than Bentley03, AllonFS or tonypowe knew him) but some will have heard me talk of my trips to Le Mans in years past with 'The Tourists'. Ian was the 'Chief Tourist' and I had known him for the best part of 40 years, originally in a professional capacity. He went down with cancer 4-5 years ago and sadly lost the battle on Tuesday. The only saving grace was that he died at home with his family. With everything else that's going on, I guess there will be no possibility of attending his funeral either....
That's terrible news, my condolences. I read your blog post as well but will revisit in his memory. It's been a very tough time for you and your family. If there is anything I can do to help from where I am, please let me know.
Old 6 Apr 2020, 21:43 (Ref:3969004)   #2582
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I know the feeling. My brother-in-law is currently under the care of hospice, at the bitter end of his battle with cancer.
Quote:
I received some sad news last evening. A very good old friend died late on Tuesday night.
Sorry to hear this, fellas. This is tough in normal times, let alone the current times. Here's hoping for peace and comfort during your difficult times.
Old 7 Apr 2020, 12:26 (Ref:3969107)   #2583
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks very much people. As and when my 2019 'story' sees the light of day, there will be a tribute page for my old pal.
Old 8 Apr 2020, 11:36 (Ref:3969302)   #2584
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well for those on here that do not know yet the 2020 le mans classic has been cancelled and will now tale place at the beginning of July 2021
Old 8 Apr 2020, 12:50 (Ref:3969315)   #2585
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No real surprise there.....
Old 8 Apr 2020, 14:00 (Ref:3969325)   #2586
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
No but the disasters for the local le mans business community continue, Large amounts of them are reliant on the events at the circuit and it is beginning to look like nothing is going to happen there this year
Old 8 Apr 2020, 14:39 (Ref:3969335)   #2587
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It seems most of the Le Mans classic competitors are content, after all historics can be raced anytime and it’s very sensible of the organisers that they can transfer their entry to next year. No complaints there

However as you say local businesses that use the various races to make profit may be left out in the cold
Old 8 Apr 2020, 16:30 (Ref:3969379)   #2588
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Let's face it, they're going to be far from the only ones....
Old 9 Apr 2020, 05:50 (Ref:3969512)   #2589
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
No but the disasters for the local le mans business community continue, Large amounts of them are reliant on the events at the circuit and it is beginning to look like nothing is going to happen there this year
Yes Simon,

I had read in some local newspaper that only the 24h business is equal to the business of a factory that would employ 850 people all along a year.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 19:30 (Ref:3969890)   #2590
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Meanwhile, as everyone been watching the film of last year's race?

https://youtu.be/EIIbpPfo1So
Old 10 Apr 2020, 19:37 (Ref:3969892)   #2591
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Yes Simon,

I had read in some local newspaper that only the 24h business is equal to the business of a factory that would employ 850 people all along a year.
That's a very graphic way of explaining the predicament. The race having the same economic impact as a company employing 850 people year round.
Depends on what that hypothetical company produces, mind. Some companies that size are barely profitable.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 13:53 (Ref:3970053)   #2592
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
if you are bored you might like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIIbpPfo1So&t=613s
Old 11 Apr 2020, 13:54 (Ref:3970054)   #2593
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
That's a very graphic way of explaining the predicament. The race having the same economic impact as a company employing 850 people year round.

Depends on what that hypothetical company produces, mind. Some companies that size are barely profitable.
Christopher I missed some details. You are right. I found an old 2012 newspaper article from "La tribune" that was explaining the 24 hours windfall on La Sarthr was about 60 millions €.
Very important for the local economy.

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 11 Apr 2020, 14:57 (Ref:3970083)   #2594
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
if you are bored you might like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIIbpPfo1So&t=613s
As I pointed out last night.
Look two posts up, Simon 😉
I hope anyone who watched enjoyed it. I thought the delivery of the commentary was dire and some of the subtitles contained errors, but the race itself shone through.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 15:05 (Ref:3970086)   #2595
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Christopher I missed some details. You are right. I found an old 2012 newspaper article from "La tribune" that was explaining the 24 hours windfall on La Sarthr was about 60 millions €.
Very important for the local economy.

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Wow!
Thanks for that Eric.
We are all going back to a different world when this emergency is over - those of us who are still alive.
Economies will be in recession all over the world after very few of us have produced much over a number of months
Old 11 Apr 2020, 17:44 (Ref:3970120)   #2596
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
As I pointed out last night.
Look two posts up, Simon 😉
I hope anyone who watched enjoyed it. I thought the delivery of the commentary was dire and some of the subtitles contained errors, but the race itself shone through.
Sorry i missed earlier post
Old 12 Apr 2020, 13:50 (Ref:3970325)   #2597
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
OK just watching a documentary on net flix called "the gentleman driver" all about the am' drivers in the WEC.
Well worth watching
Old 18 May 2020, 18:44 (Ref:3976990)   #2598
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78sL

This was posted on another forum, but i suspect you will love it.

Actually seen the featured car in historic racing and at the classic one year but the best bit for me is the scenes around the circuit. Pretty sure some of those things were still there on my first trip in 85
Old 18 May 2020, 19:05 (Ref:3976995)   #2599
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78sL

This was posted on another forum, but i suspect you will love it.

Actually seen the featured car in historic racing and at the classic one year but the best bit for me is the scenes around the circuit. Pretty sure some of those things were still there on my first trip in 85
I am just getting video unavailable.

Sean
Old 18 May 2020, 19:12 (Ref:3977001)   #2600
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78sLkGgudz4

Ok try this