Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 May 2003, 21:31 (Ref:610860)   #1
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trans Am at Lime Rock

I thought that Paul Newman drove an excellent race today. His 5th place finish was exceptional.

The Bobby Sak vs Brian Simo incident may be called racing by some but if I was Simo I would have Sak in my sights.
Old 26 May 2003, 21:31 (Ref:610862)   #2
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
5th??? God above, is there no stopping the old boy?
Old 26 May 2003, 21:34 (Ref:610867)   #3
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
5th for the old geezer! In the wet, no less. Impressive showing.
Old 26 May 2003, 23:05 (Ref:610940)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
paul was the real star- from 10th no less
Old 26 May 2003, 23:46 (Ref:610977)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too Bad Speedvision doesn't realise that there are people in their audience who were at the office today at 2:00 p.m. and aren't planning to let us see that race.

Good for Newman though, anyway.
Old 26 May 2003, 23:54 (Ref:610982)   #6
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Unfortunately Liz, we don't rate much up here. Of course, taping it with the VCR isn't out of the question either.

Congrats to Paul.
Old 27 May 2003, 01:21 (Ref:611035)   #7
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a pretty good race...nice and soggy and the ol' buckaroo showed that he's still got the goods! I was kind of expecting Brian Simo to strike back at Bobby Sak since this was a one off deal and he didn't really have to fear any kind of punishment by the stewards or payback at the next race...I would have at least given lil' Bobby a tap to let him know i disapproved, but that's just me
Old 27 May 2003, 02:40 (Ref:611060)   #8
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe it is just me and I did not see it the way some may have but if I had been Simo I would have tapped Sak into the next County.
Old 28 May 2003, 00:28 (Ref:611971)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What did Sak do? What with Michael Lewis being called for "rough driving" in Mosport, I thought they were cracking down on that kind of thing.
Old 29 May 2003, 00:27 (Ref:613033)   #10
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't remember exactly, but I think he tapped Simo going into Big Bend within the second half of the race. I was there, but was videotaping everything and could barely hear what the announcer was saying over the P.A. system. It was a good run for both of the rookies, though. Also glad to see that Paul still has what it takes. If not for that spin, he probably would've been in second, as he said. I thought that Pruett's off-road excursion was strange as well. Going into the left hander (In second place!) he just seemed not to turn and drive off into the grass/swamp. It almost looked as if he had fallen asleep at the wheel.
Old 29 May 2003, 00:43 (Ref:613041)   #11
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also forgot to mention that the wet weekend WAS actually somewhat fun. I got plenty of autographs and camera footage. First time I saw a Trans-Am race in the rain, as well.
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 29 May 2003, 01:49 (Ref:613056)   #12
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
He tapped Simo several times and finally spun him out. Reminded me of Winston Cup racing. Granted that Sak appeared to be faster than Simo AT THAT POINT IN TIME. A little more time and I think that Diaz would have passed Sak for 2nd.