Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 9 Jul 2001, 19:40 (Ref:114926)   #1
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To all Sky Digital Viewers in the UK

I know its a bit too late for some ( ), but on Sky Digital there is a programme called DRIVETIME on Men & Motors at 9:30PM . Channel number 139.
Last week there was classic saloons from 1960's (not the CSCC, but actual footage from 1960) which included some strange Lotus Cortina MK1's that sported huge fat tyres and scoops and vents behind the doors. And Mini's that were scrapping with the Twin Cam Anglias.

As I said, Sky, channel 139 at 9:30PM.
Don't miss it

BTW, see 139 after 10PM, if you know what I mean
Old 10 Jul 2001, 08:21 (Ref:115142)   #2
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This must be the most unpublicised TV progamme ever.I discovered it by chance,previously assuming it was a road car show like Top Gear.It has shown all of the old '60s BRSCC club films in recent weeks.
BTW don't worry about the 9pm 'watershed' Its 'Motors' until 11pm.
Old 10 Jul 2001, 17:56 (Ref:115335)   #3
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And last night had a true little gem!

A 20-minute documentary called "Two of a Kind", made in 1979, hosted by Brock Yates, following Bob Tullius in the SCCA Jaguar XJ-S.

Footage I'd given up hope of ever seeing.

Marvellous!

And Raymond Baxter interviewing Wally Hassan was fascinating too.
Old 10 Jul 2001, 18:04 (Ref:115339)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I think I may have caught the last five minutes or so of this program whilst channel surfing... was there some guy poking around at a new Jaguar engine at some point ?

Think this may have been the program which I saw six or eight months ago showing footage from 60s club meetings at Cadwell and Oulton... remember my 'oh my god' posting, Tim ?
Old 11 Jul 2001, 10:24 (Ref:115546)   #5
Yimkin
Racer

Yimkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: To all Sky Digital Viewers in the UK

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobson

Last week there was classic saloons from 1960's (not the CSCC, but actual footage from 1960) which included some strange Lotus Cortina MK1's that sported huge fat tyres and scoops and vents behind the doors. And Mini's that were scrapping with the Twin Cam Anglias.

A
I think I might have this on video at home. Its a review of a late sixties BRSCC season - possibly 1968 - the video is called 'Charge of the Fright Brigade' and is well worth getting!

The Lotus Cortina with the big arches etc had a V8 in it, IIRC.
Old 11 Jul 2001, 16:38 (Ref:115713)   #6
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Re: To all Sky Digital Viewers in the UK

Quote:
Originally posted by Yimkin

I think I might have this on video at home. Its a review of a late sixties BRSCC season - possibly 1968 - the video is called 'Charge of the Fright Brigade' and is well worth getting!

The Lotus Cortina with the big arches etc had a V8 in it, IIRC.
I wondered why they looked like Monster Trucks!
Old 11 Jul 2001, 16:51 (Ref:115721)   #7
Yimkin
Racer

Yimkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: Re: To all Sky Digital Viewers in the UK

Quote:
Originally posted by Hobson

I wondered why they looked like Monster Trucks!
Incidentally, the same video covers lots of clubmans, sportscars etc, and shows one of the most dramatic crashes I've ever seen - Gabriel Konig barrel rolling her sprite at Thruxton (I think) five times! Thankfully she was perfectly OK....

The whole film is done in a very humourous sixties style, with one or two v. dry comments about a 105E Anglia which does a three point turn at the bottom of deer leap to get out of a spin..... twice!
Old 11 Jul 2001, 19:06 (Ref:115781)   #8
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was the '67 season,and the Gabriel Konig shunt was at Castle Combe.
Old 12 Jul 2001, 06:33 (Ref:115985)   #9
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
The programme is an every Monday, so I hope they show more saloon cars. I would have thought that lats weeks sjhow would have had British teams running the V12 in a car like TWR XJS touring cars.
Old 13 Jul 2001, 02:59 (Ref:116403)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There was a Lotus Cortina at Brands for one of the winter races last year. It too had big arches and slicks. I don't know if it's one of the old ones updated but it looked seriously awesome. It even had a full ground effect underside!!!
Old 13 Jul 2001, 17:25 (Ref:116671)   #11
3-Series
Rookie

3-Series should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On-Digital Viewers

For those without a wok bolted to the side of the house, this stuff is also available via On-Digital channel 31. As part of a primary channel package.
Old 16 Jul 2001, 06:40 (Ref:117583)   #12
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
It should be on again tonight. Keep your eyes peeled!