Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Nov 2011, 03:50 (Ref:2985991)   #676
E36ST
Racer

New Zealand
NZ
E36ST should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
but i had to laugh when Foggy crashed out.....diddums
I really have to wonder what sort of motorsport fan you are if that is your attitude. Who honestly laughs when a renown racing driver (or anyone for that matter) is involved in an accident?

For someone who has previously admitted a role in promoting this new V8ST class, these kind of comments don't do anything to hold the ethos of the new class (and those promoting it) in much regard.

Last edited by E36ST; 14 Nov 2011 at 03:57. Reason: ... toning it down a bit.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 03:56 (Ref:2985993)   #677
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
are you sure the NZV8 CoTF didn't have a Quaife 6 Speed? engine-wise.. i think they were using a carb engine as they were sure if a LS7 would last if too many LS7sdon't let go.. they may find their way into the VE CoTF

Not in the demo laps at puke they didn't...the in car footage shown on TV clearly shows a lumpy 4 spd box.....not the Quaife as promised. Also the shots under the hood on the skysport motorsport programme with Clint clearly showed the old engine

Thats actually quite funny for you Promax with the J-dub thing, something you wrote actually made me laugh with you (not at you)...which is unusual.

It has also been mentioned many times before (and Greg Murphy was one of them) that the ST is as quick, if not quicker than a V8SC. Obviously they cannot race them side by side, so yes to a point, this is subjective. But when the CEO of ST's states on TV3 yesterday that they are quicker, i would tend to believe him as well, especially in front of a national audience. But we'll see, i know where i think the truth is.

And btw there is no point dragging out old pictures of GT1 cars etc etc. They are not related in anyway to a properly run, innovative, forward thinking class.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 04:00 (Ref:2985995)   #678
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36ST View Post
I really have to wonder what sort of motorsport fan you are if that is your attitude. Who honestly laughs when a renown racing driver (or anyone for that matter) is involved in an accident?

For someone who has previously admitted a role in promoting this new V8ST class, these kind of comments don't do anything to hold the ethos of the new class (and those promoting it) in much regard.

water off a ducks back E36ST.....i find him arrogant and annoying.

At no point have i admitted to a role in promoting ST's...you make it sound like i work for them or have some involvment. What i have said is that as part of my job i am able to promote the class to a range of people around NZ, some of them listen to me, others dont. You really are twisting things around to make me look bad and to suit your own agenda.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 04:40 (Ref:2986005)   #679
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
At no point have i admitted to a role in promoting ST's...you make it sound like i work for them or have some involvment. What i have said is that as part of my job i am able to promote the class to a range of people around NZ, some of them listen to me, others dont. You really are twisting things around to make me look bad and to suit your own agenda.
LET ME QUITE CLEAR HERE, NZST DOES NOT WORK IN ANY CAPACITY WHAT SO EVER FOR V8SUPERTOURES LIMITED, EITHER PAID OR UNPAID.

NZST is a fan who has introduced himself to Andy Booth and myself, and also attended at least one test day, that I am aware of.

So when NZST states "that as part of my job I am able to promote the class etc", he is talking about spreading his beliefs whilst going about his own private employment.

I agree NZST does not make that clear, and I invite him to clarify his comments, so that there is absolutely no misunderstanding on this issue.

Mark Petch.
Managing Director.
V8SUPERTOURERS LIMITED

Last edited by Mark Petch; 14 Nov 2011 at 04:43. Reason: spelling
Old 14 Nov 2011, 04:58 (Ref:2986007)   #680
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
No problems Mark,
I can clarify that i have nothing to do whatsoever with V8ST and that I am a fan who is able to talk to a range of people (and your right, its about my 'beliefs' as you put it, about the class, which i am excited about) around NZ who are motorsport fans as part of my job. Hope that clarifies things

Last edited by NZSTfan; 14 Nov 2011 at 05:00. Reason: spelling
Old 14 Nov 2011, 05:08 (Ref:2986008)   #681
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36ST View Post

Thanks for that, I got most of the way through posting something similar, then thought, no, I can't be bothered, and deleted it. I have known Foggy for some years, and he is one of the most genuine, down to earth guys you could meet, and he has tried to distance himself from the politics of the two fighting factions.

Those who go to Motorsport events and get their kicks from the crashes and carnage would probably find that banger racing, demo derbys and stock cars are more suitable to people of their mindset, and would find many other like minded individuals attending these events to share their enjoyment with.

Good to see this guy is not involved with your series Mark.Keep up the good work.

Conrad
Old 14 Nov 2011, 06:16 (Ref:2986019)   #682
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yeah Foggy's a good man, he's been around a long time and has many race wins under his belt. It's just a shame he didn't quite win an NZV8 championship when it was at its best - he would have were it not for Officialdom, too.

Although I don't think he ever forgave my former colleague for insinuating that he crashed a lot in one of his blogs...

Trouble is I got blamed for it too!

I reckon he'd be up for an NZST drive next season if he can get the means together...
Old 14 Nov 2011, 06:45 (Ref:2986022)   #683
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
LMAO!!! too funny
Old 14 Nov 2011, 08:51 (Ref:2986046)   #684
Crikey
Rookie

Crikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=NZSTfan;2985936]i mean for god sake did anyone actually watch that rubbish at Puke last week, no in car coverage (which they had last year) and their CoTF still with a carb and 4 speed g/box....just a joke but i had to laugh when Foggy crashed out.....diddums

Shame on you... And would you be even more amused if he was badly injured or worse? Do a favour for us real motorsport fans who give a damn about the good of the sport, and the people who compete in it - log out and stay out.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 09:16 (Ref:2986055)   #685
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZY PEEL View Post
How do you figure that? Have V8SC run at Hampton Downs or has Jacko been testing a secret second prototype in Australia?
What laptimes are the Supertourers down to a Hampton?
I read that Chesters Hybrid thing did a 1.03.359 there in the weekend which seems pretty quick.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 10:06 (Ref:2986076)   #686
KLR93
Rookie

New Zealand
Whangarei
KLR93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry NZSTfan whoever you are youve dug yourself a hole...

i know your free to opinion but come on.. not to mention potentially detrimental to your field of work or publication whatever it may be...

Kenny.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 20:47 (Ref:2986351)   #687
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
but i had to laugh when Foggy crashed out.....diddums
I also disapprove of this sentence.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 20:57 (Ref:2986362)   #688
Bikerider
Rookie

Bikerider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX20VT View Post
What laptimes are the Supertourers down to a Hampton?
I read that Chesters Hybrid thing did a 1.03.359 there in the weekend which seems pretty quick.
I think you will find the Supertourer won't get anywhere near that time with the package they have got. Very hard to find another 4sec.
You could say that ST won't be the fastest saloon in the country.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 23:10 (Ref:2986428)   #689
dub
Rookie

dub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The V8ST at Hampton has completed more than one lap in the 65.70 range, this was with a full tank and 40 lap old tyres. Granted a V8ST may never get to a 63.3, but on medium tyres it will sneak into a 64 and perhaps on the softs they propose, it may even get to a 63.

With the V8ST built and designed to run longer races at 20-30+ laps, over that duration who would cross the line first, the Chesters car or the V8ST?
Old 14 Nov 2011, 23:22 (Ref:2986433)   #690
KLR93
Rookie

New Zealand
Whangarei
Baha. I love this.

People comparing singular cars to a full field of regulated spec-touring cars.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 23:29 (Ref:2986439)   #691
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacrosNZ View Post
I also disapprove of this sentence.
Don't worry about it. He's only getting excited because holden have got their own racing series now.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 23:36 (Ref:2986443)   #692
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Well Ford do have a couple of their own. Formula Ford, WRC,... :P
Old 14 Nov 2011, 23:49 (Ref:2986454)   #693
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crikey View Post
Shame on you... And would you be even more amused if he was badly injured or worse? Do a favour for us real motorsport fans who give a damn about the good of the sport, and the people who compete in it - log out and stay out.
No problems, will do
Old 15 Nov 2011, 00:17 (Ref:2986465)   #694
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Actually, sod it, i will post one more thing.

If i have offended anyone with my recent comments, then i apologise. My intention is not to raise any hackles, so if i did please accept this apology. I could have simply not posted any response to the reaction from people, but i felt that i had to say something as i dont want to leave this forum labelled as whatever you may choose to label me as.

I am not someone who likes to glorify accidents, as has been hinted by some of you here. Any accident that results in injury, or even worse is terrible. This was not the case with Foggy's accident at Puke. He walked away from the car and was able to get the car patched up in time for the next race, so not serious from my point of view. I even had a chuckle during the F1 when Vettel's tyre fell off....no one was hurt, but if someone was, then i would take a different view. When Karl Reindler had that hideous accident at Barbagello i was literally on the edge of my seat wondering if people were actually going to emerge from that accident in one piece, it was terrible to watch and thankfully only minor injuries resulted. . . . but i did not take any pleasure out of watching this unfold on TV.

So with in mind i will not post any more on this forum. Moderators if you can delete my profile that would be much appreciated.

Once again, my apologies to anyone who i have offended - that is not my intention.

Best regards to you all
Old 15 Nov 2011, 02:03 (Ref:2986513)   #695
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub View Post
With the V8ST built and designed to run longer races at 20-30+ laps, over that duration who would cross the line first, the Chesters car or the V8ST?
From what I know the Chesters thing is/was designed to be able to handle enduros.. So I'm guessing the Chester would get pretty close to lapping an NZST over 30 odd laps.

In saying that, we're comparing apples with oranges. I like to think of the NZST as the progeny of an Accountant and an Engineer... with Chester's thing being the basta*d child of a madman and some sort of scientist.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 02:58 (Ref:2986524)   #696
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR93 View Post
Baha. I love this.

People comparing singular cars to a full field of regulated spec-touring cars.
people are probably just curious kl difficult to know what a ST can actually do.. when there hasn't actually been a ST race. there are plenty of quick cars around.. so i'm not sure if ST can back up their claim of being the quickest in the country. Nick's Commodore, Hansen's TVR, Rae's and Brennan's Corvette, Greenslade's Jaguar, Petch's Viper, etc, etc
Old 15 Nov 2011, 20:00 (Ref:2986869)   #697
KLR93
Rookie

New Zealand
Whangarei
Fair enough, i think on paper and what weve seen in testing they will be the fastest touring car category (..il leave that up for debate :P ) in NZ.

But as you say, remains to be seen..
Old 15 Nov 2011, 21:46 (Ref:2986950)   #698
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
touring car?

A silhouette racing car is a race car which, although bearing a superficial resemblance to a production model, differs mechanically in fundamental ways.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 22:47 (Ref:2986977)   #699
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
You could say V8SC differs mechnically in a fundemental way.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 22:54 (Ref:2986981)   #700
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
the "Project Blueprint" cars would be more silhouette than touring
Closed Thread