Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 30 Mar 2002, 23:56 (Ref:247721)   #1
Ian-S
Racer

Ian-S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Octagon Season Ticket

Anybody here used their Season ticket yet?

I've got one of the temporary ones they send out, and just wondered what to expect on Monday, will they wip it off me or do I just flash it at them all big headed vip like?

Old 31 Mar 2002, 07:56 (Ref:247871)   #2
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just show it at the gate ..they will have a quick look and just let you in for free !!!..yipeeeee
what a great deal that was.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 14:26 (Ref:248059)   #3
Ian-S
Racer

Thanks

I'm no fan of Octagon, but this was too good a deal to pass up...
Old 31 Mar 2002, 20:21 (Ref:248365)   #4
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yer..cant pass a deal up like that.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 17:24 (Ref:253605)   #5
SilverElise
Rookie

SilverElise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the Octagon season tickets still available? I'm only 13 miles from Brands Hatch it would be rude not to have one.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 17:31 (Ref:253611)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
What happens when you lose your tickets ? Bugger!
Old 6 Apr 2002, 19:08 (Ref:253677)   #7
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Wasn't it just a temporary ticket valid until mid-April. You'll get a real one soon (maybe) soo just don't go to any meeting before then.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 19:16 (Ref:253685)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yes , at the moment it's just a temporary ticket . But the main passes are meant to be issued in a couple of weeks .
I suppose if you lose your pass , then youve lost out ,just like normal addmision tickets .
I would imagine that if you phone up Brands they would still sell you one .Ask for a OCTAGON 4 WHEEL SEASON TICKET .
Old 6 Apr 2002, 19:20 (Ref:253691)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for that helpful advice, shoes! Maybe I'll give Cadwell a miss tomorrow then...
Old 7 Apr 2002, 00:27 (Ref:253875)   #10
Ian-S
Racer

Officially the offer closed at end of March, maybe you can get one though.

Mine is a temporary one, BTW.
Old 7 Apr 2002, 16:12 (Ref:254206)   #11
Takuma
Racer

Takuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
can we start a book on when the tickets will arrive?
Old 7 Apr 2002, 16:57 (Ref:254234)   #12
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
ive used mine a few times already , brilliant
Old 7 Apr 2002, 20:22 (Ref:254363)   #13
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Used mine as well forSnetterton and Brands - excellent
Old 7 Apr 2002, 20:48 (Ref:254387)   #14
Ian-S
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Takuma
Hopefully within the next few days seeing as mine says "Valid till 14th April 2002"
Old 7 Apr 2002, 20:53 (Ref:254390)   #15
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Takuma
Erm, November Seriously, can people post here when the proper tickets start to come through just so I know whehn I should be expecting something (hopefully before the 14th!). It doesn't really inspire confidence that the envelopes had been opened on the last two lots of tickets I got from Octagon. I suppose I should be glad the tickets were still inside.
Old 9 Apr 2002, 10:57 (Ref:255475)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Become a marshal and get into race meetings for free! Oh but you will be asked to do just a little work and weild a broom from time to time. It's good clean fun though!
Old 9 Apr 2002, 15:17 (Ref:255716)   #17
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
AH , Stephens back , good to see you back again .

out of interest Stephen , Do you Marshall at the GP at Silverstone every year ,as that would save you a fortune on admission costs.
Old 9 Apr 2002, 15:27 (Ref:255723)   #18
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I've marshalled at the last 6 GP's I think it is and will be at this years GP as well.
Old 10 Apr 2002, 15:54 (Ref:256546)   #19
rick vaux
Racer

rick vaux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Steven,
You missed a cracker at Brands.
Will Mrs Steven allow you to be at S/stone this year ?
Trust you had a relaxing jolly, not too much sand sea and not going out after dark...
Old 10 Apr 2002, 18:02 (Ref:256627)   #20
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Hi Rick,

Mrs Stephen doesn't have a say in the matter any longer and yes, I will definately be at the GP this year!

Had loads of sand, wine and excellent food in South Africa, now need to shake off the odd pound or two
Old 10 Apr 2002, 18:34 (Ref:256652)   #21
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Well at least youve saved your self about £200 on ticket prices to get to into the GP Stephen , my wifes the same , she doesnt have a say in the matter , although she does insist on a grandstand seat .
Old 12 Apr 2002, 10:55 (Ref:257994)   #22
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A granstand seat is very expensive , but i always get them , as it means you dont have to get in the circuit at about 6am in the morning to get somewhere decent to watch .
Old 12 Apr 2002, 10:59 (Ref:257998)   #23
SILVERS95
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie

can people post here when the proper tickets start to come through just so I know whehn I should be expecting something (hopefully before the 14th!). .
Carrie , just received a letter from Octagon , saying that the new Octagon passes / tickets wont be sent out until the end of april , but in the mean time , the current tickets that expired on 14th april will still be valid until the end of April instead .
Old 12 Apr 2002, 11:32 (Ref:258015)   #24
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
The problem I have with grandstand seats are that they are empty until about 10 minutes before the GP starts, and are then empty again about 15 minutes after the race and yet the stewards won't let other people use them in the interim period. Such a waste.
Old 12 Apr 2002, 18:32 (Ref:258340)   #25
SILVERS95
Veteran

Not as empty as you may think Stephen , but i suppose quite alot of the seats have the rich people in which just turn up for the f1 race and then go back home in the helicopter .

But the best thing about grandstand seats is that you can watch every race , but in between you can have a walk around the paddock , or go for a pint . Maybe this is why they look empty ?? , but its alot better than having to sit or stand in the same place for the day affaid to go for a pee unless its one at atime so as you dont lose your place.

but , the worst thing about the grandstands is the price , very overpriced , and the weekend costs more than 2 weeks holiday in spain .