Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 May 2003, 15:12 (Ref:605982)   #1
paddywic
Rookie

paddywic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari & Fenando

If anyone has seen the pic of Alonso being congratulated by a certain Farrari Tech Director on the podium two weeks ago, and witnessed Rubens reaction, one might get the impression, Rubens will be flying his horse away from ferrari much sooner than thought.
Even Shumi has said in his diary (planet F1) that he reckons Rubens could have done a better job in Austria. He mentioned Rubens worst fear, "Fernando"!
Old 21 May 2003, 15:31 (Ref:605998)   #2
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
:confused: So? Everyone congratulated Alonso, your point is?
Old 21 May 2003, 15:33 (Ref:605999)   #3
paddywic
Rookie

My point is, fernando will be in red overalls next year...
Old 21 May 2003, 15:39 (Ref:606007)   #4
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Rrrrrrrihgt. Because Jean Todt tapped him on the shoulder. Look, I'd be happy to see him in red overalls, but I'm afraid that that pic is not enough evidence.
Old 21 May 2003, 15:50 (Ref:606022)   #5
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Indeed, Fernando to Ferrari next year would be class. I would be happy for anyone to go to Ferrari, so that Michael can beat them one-by-one. Alonso would be a sensible plan for the future like: but, anyway, using a photograph and Michael saying Laonso did a good job is hardly the basis for saying Alonso is going to be at Ferrari next year.... Me thinks that Flav might mind that...

If one wishes to theorise, and speculate on not much basis, then Fisi to Ferrari has a more substansive base.
Old 21 May 2003, 15:57 (Ref:606031)   #6
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Quote:
Originally posted by Dutton
Indeed, Fernando to Ferrari next year would be class. I would be happy for anyone to go to Ferrari, so that Michael can beat them one-by-one.
Now that's creative thinking!!!!!! Cheers mate!
Old 21 May 2003, 16:08 (Ref:606036)   #7
paddywic
Rookie

Oh ye of little faith, talk about boring realists!
Old 21 May 2003, 16:11 (Ref:606042)   #8
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania

There's a difference between "I'd like to see it happen" and "I'm sure it will happen"
Old 21 May 2003, 17:06 (Ref:606091)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrari won't allow anyone to directly challenge Michael. They are too wimpish and so is Michael. Throughout his career he has usually been teamed with comparatively second-rate guys, which makes him look better than he is. This is one reason why I don't place him in the All-Time Top 5. Prost won 4 titles, and Senna 3, against each other, Mansell, Lauda, Rosberg and Piquet in winning cars.

Alonso wouldn't be able to beat him over the course of a season, but he could run him clsoe at many tracks and beat him at times. With equal treatment I think Rubens could get within 15-20 points of him as well
Old 21 May 2003, 17:08 (Ref:606093)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Uhn... I'm afraid not. First, because TGF doesn't need a better #2, and Fernando don't want to be #2, or better, Flavio won't let him be #2. Second, Ferrari has already a plan for replacing TGF after his retirement and the person in question is already under their supervision.
Third, if one would switch places just for being complimented after a stunning race, then F1 would be another thing...
Old 21 May 2003, 17:48 (Ref:606120)   #11
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Ferrari won't allow anyone to directly challenge Michael. They are too wimpish
I've heard Ferrari called alot of names, but I don't think wimpish is one that applies

In any case, I still subscribe to the Massa Fisichella pairing for 2005, if Michael does not stick around. But I think Michael will stay.
Old 21 May 2003, 18:19 (Ref:606140)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Back in 1998, at Monza, Parc ferme after the race, Jean Todt cuddled Michael, Eddie and Rafe haven't seen Rafe in any Ferrari overalls since

Maybe one day, we might see Alonso in a Ferrari, but i doubt the fact that he was congratulated on the podium means anything.
Old 21 May 2003, 20:16 (Ref:606243)   #13
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Briatore will never make the mistake of letting his star slip to another team again.
Old 21 May 2003, 21:33 (Ref:606311)   #14
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Prost won 4 titles, and Senna 3, against each other,

They only won 1 title each when they were in the same team. Plus, apart from Prost, I wouldn't really say that Senna's other teammates were much better than Schumacher's. Prost had Arnoux, Lauda, Rosberg, Senna, Mansell, Alesi, Hill as teammates. Prost had 4 WDCs for teammates, Senna only had 1 (Prost)(that is one more than Schumi though )
Old 21 May 2003, 22:01 (Ref:606334)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Yoong Montoya
Prost had 4 WDCs for teammates, Senna only had 1 (Prost)(that is one more than Schumi though )
What about Piquet...?
Old 21 May 2003, 23:21 (Ref:606400)   #16
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Well, quite.

Alonso for Ferrari? Not for 2004, anyway. In the future? Hard to say. You have to separate Flav the manager of Alonso from Flav the Renault team boss. I suspect that young FA will stay with the Regie for as long as Flav does, and thereafter seek his fortune with whoever is most competitive.

As for Ferrari, I think Rubens will be there for a few more years yet, as, I have to say, will Schuey be. Why retire? The guy still ADORES racing, and Ferrari are still providing him with a winning package. I wouldn't look for a retirement until 2007 or 2008. Thereafter, God knows... Alonso/Liuzzi? Your guess is as good as mine.

I'd like to see young Jens there, though.
Old 22 May 2003, 00:28 (Ref:606434)   #17
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dutton
What about Piquet...?
Piquet was never Senna's teammate. Senna teammates: Ceccotto, de Angelis, Nakajima, Prost, Berger, Andretti, Hakkinen and Hill. Of those, only Prost was champions while Senna was alive and MH and DH became champions later.
Old 22 May 2003, 00:33 (Ref:606437)   #18
JonesF1
Racer

JonesF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flav said a few teams were interested but I dont think hes going to give up his best driver, especially after he booted Button to get Alonso in that seat. If anything hes going to use Alonso to build Renault, not hand him away to the competition for peanuts.
Old 22 May 2003, 02:15 (Ref:606456)   #19
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Jordi, you have not got the jist of my question.

"Yoong Montoya" was making the observation that Prost raced with 4 WDC's as team-mates, whereas Senna only one: and that Senna had raced with ONE MORE THAN SCHUMACHER.

This lead me to asking: "What about Piquet...?". Piquet was Michael's team-mate in '91 at Benneton.
Old 22 May 2003, 02:29 (Ref:606460)   #20
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget to include the self proclaimed 'the 2nd best driver'
Old 22 May 2003, 08:35 (Ref:606562)   #21
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Alonso would be better off being number one at Renault than number two at Ferrari, it's better to have some chance of winning a title than have to spend your whole career helping someone else win titles.
Old 22 May 2003, 08:41 (Ref:606564)   #22
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Won't be happening anytime soon. Alonso is bound to Flavio by what I would reckon to be a tight contract.
Old 22 May 2003, 10:19 (Ref:606645)   #23
Hugh Jarce
Veteran

Hugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHugh Jarce should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why would Alonso want to go to Ferrari when in a couple of season Renault will probably be challenging for the championship.

I jest not! F1 is cyclical - and I think Renault are seriously on the way up.
Old 22 May 2003, 10:38 (Ref:606656)   #24
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seriously on the way up? Pretty hard to deny they are damn red hot contenders now. Sepang anyone? As soon as they figure out how to give it a bit more oomph in the straight line, that thing will be very competitive. As it stands they're already a worry for Williams, who last year were 2nd in the constructors and their engine is supposedly one of the best.

I think this years shown the midfielders really lifting their game barring Jordan and Minardi, who just can't match on budgets.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 22 May 2003, 12:08 (Ref:606735)   #25
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I see in future year a great fight for the WDC with Kimmi Webber and Alonso these drivers ARE the future of F1