Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Dec 2012, 10:48 (Ref:3178877)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Masters Raceday

Details will be published here:

http://www.themastersseries.com/event-information.html
Old 17 Mar 2013, 13:52 (Ref:3220004)   #2
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Only a week off this and no mention of it......I kinow its the darkest reaches of the country, up here , but is anyone planning on making the trip......we promise not to bite...especially if treated to brews and biccies

Mike Bell can confirm that we are reasonably house-trained......
Old 17 Mar 2013, 21:05 (Ref:3220224)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Only a week off this and no mention of it......I kinow its the darkest reaches of the country, up here , but is anyone planning on making the trip......we promise not to bite...especially if treated to brews and biccies

Richard, sorry won't be making the trip this early in the year! Having spent the morning at Silverstone today watching the snow it confirmed my belief that am getting too old for racing in UK in March! Hope the weather gods look favourably on you all and it is a good turn out.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 05:03 (Ref:3220345)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the Brit forecast,could be some more white stuff for next weekend as we.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 09:34 (Ref:3220427)   #5
RickT
Rookie

RickT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Guys

We will be there doing the WSM race, Dad is sharing our McLaren M6B with Andrew Wareing so lets hope the snow stays away !!

Come and say hello if you are passing.

Cheers
Richard
Old 18 Mar 2013, 10:02 (Ref:3220437)   #6
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Having spent the morning at Silverstone today watching the snow it confirmed my belief that am getting too old for racing in UK in March!
Mike, no guarantee that it will be much better in April !!!!!!

You are not getting too old, just sensible and realistic.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 12:50 (Ref:3220532)   #7
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unless it is snowing on the morning, will be spectating.
We expect a good show!
Old 18 Mar 2013, 13:03 (Ref:3220543)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
See you chaps there. I am parking teams up from Thursday lunchtime onwards.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 13:11 (Ref:3220547)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should give you time to get the snow markers in place then.
Old 18 Mar 2013, 13:37 (Ref:3220561)   #10
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
hope you are wrong Alex is testing there on Friday
Old 18 Mar 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3220732)   #11
G.Walker
Racer

Scotland
G.Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Entry list now online, well worth the visit

http://www.themastersseries.com/imag...ist_180313.pdf
Old 18 Mar 2013, 19:23 (Ref:3220737)   #12
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm a little disappointed that the entry looks smaller than last year (it was pretty thin last year) but I'll still be there with a camera
Old 20 Mar 2013, 18:42 (Ref:3221839)   #13
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
Entry list now online, well worth the visit

http://www.themastersseries.com/imag...ist_180313.pdf
Thanks for that....I see Roger Wills is going to be a tad busy...including being in two cars in the Pre-66 GT and Touring race.

Watching the weather forecast with a wary eye - currently showery but very cold......extra thermals required!
Old 20 Mar 2013, 19:05 (Ref:3221853)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Don't forget to offer this poor chap tea when you see me wandering around the paddock making sure you are all ok.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 23:25 (Ref:3222006)   #15
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
BBC forecast now saying snow and temperatures -1 to 1C
Old 20 Mar 2013, 23:33 (Ref:3222010)   #16
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Ben Shuckburgh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post

See you there...heading up with the E-Type....now, do Dunlop do a decent M section snow tyre...?
Old 21 Mar 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3222141)   #17
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Have you seen the weather forcast for the weekend? All I can say is good luck and glad I'm not going! would it not be sensible to save everyone a lot of money and pull the plug now?
Old 21 Mar 2013, 08:39 (Ref:3222147)   #18
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I'm leaving in a few minutes and will post an update when I get there this afternoon
Old 21 Mar 2013, 10:35 (Ref:3222222)   #19
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Have you seen the weather forcast for the weekend? All I can say is good luck and glad I'm not going! would it not be sensible to save everyone a lot of money and pull the plug now?
Looks like snow tyres may be required!
Old 21 Mar 2013, 14:04 (Ref:3222308)   #20
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
And if they salt the track that does old race cars no good at all as I found when they salted Brands once, the nice gold irradite finish on the sump went black!
Old 21 Mar 2013, 15:04 (Ref:3222327)   #21
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alex was due to test there tomorrow and the team have wisely pulled it. Think Friday is worse than Saturday...
Old 21 Mar 2013, 15:21 (Ref:3222333)   #22
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I'm sat inthe paddock waiting for you all to arrive and get the kettle on as its a bit chilly sat in my car!
Old 21 Mar 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3222390)   #23
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Weather looks grim.
Hope it is not, but snow/wind/rain etc all over the UK?
Still hope to get there as the entry looks interesting to see.

We have our Practice Hillclimb weekend of Easter, so snowball fights galore, Drivers v Marshals...
Old 21 Mar 2013, 19:02 (Ref:3222414)   #24
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
No ones offered tea yet. Come on you rotten lot, its cold sitting in my car
Old 21 Mar 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3222422)   #25
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green View Post
No ones offered tea yet. Come on you rotten lot, its cold sitting in my car

I can offer malted tea Stephen.

Mind you it's about an hour and a half to Castle Donington but that should be time enough to warm up.

Can you bring some milk - I think we may be almost out .....