Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jun 2011, 00:45 (Ref:2892539)   #26
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
US GP could push for later 2012 date - official
(GMM) An American FIA official has questioned the scheduled date for the inaugural US grand prix in Austin.

The World Motor Sport Council announced after its Barcelona meeting last week that the Circuit of the Americas, under construction in the Texan capital, will host its first formula one race in 2012 in mid June.

For logistical reasons, the event is paired on consecutive weekends with F1's only other North American venue in Canada.

But the local American Statesman newspaper has pointed out that in 2009, for example, the temperature in Austin on 17 June was a sweltering 100 degrees (38C).

"This is the proposed date. The date won't be final until the September or December meeting," American Nick Craw, president of the FIA senate, said.

"A fall (autumn) date is, therefore, possible, which would possibly offer cooler weather," he added.

Craw said the later race date would have to be proposed by US GP promoter Tavo Hellmund as well as Bernie Ecclestone.

The Circuit of the Americas said in a statement that excavation work continues at the site, with construction "on schedule".
Old 7 Jun 2011, 01:00 (Ref:2892546)   #27
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah 100 degrees is excessive.
Old 7 Jun 2011, 01:29 (Ref:2892554)   #28
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
This weekend I am going to take a look at the site as it is close to ABIA...

I am very excited just like a kid...
Old 7 Jun 2011, 06:10 (Ref:2892592)   #29
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it humid along the 100 F or is bone dry?
I seem to remember that Malaysia in recent years wasn't much cooler than that?
Old 7 Jun 2011, 11:47 (Ref:2892746)   #30
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Stifling heat over a race weekend is hardly what you want to "attract" new F1 fans in the US.

Oh wait, maybe Bernie will force them to install lights so the race can be run at night when it is cooler.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 15:43 (Ref:2932769)   #31
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Revised calendar according to Autosport:

18 March - Australia
25 March - Malaysia
8 April - China
22 April - India
13 May - Catalunya
27 May - Monaco
10 June - Canada
24 June - Valencia
8 July - Great Britain
22 July - Germany
29 July - Hungary
2 September - Belgium
9 September - Italia
23 September - Singapore
7 October - Japan
14 October - Korea
28 October - Abu Dhabi
4 November - Bahrain
18 November - United States
25 November - Brazil

This fixes many things: the Austin race is moved to a less hot date; Bahrain was pushed later to avoid new political issues; and there's a 3-week gap prior to the European stint to be filled with test sessions. However, the Le Mans 24 Hours still clahs with Canada
Old 29 Jul 2011, 16:35 (Ref:2932815)   #32
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
actually not a bad spot for the US race as the Dallas Cowboys are playing in Washington DC that day and the Houston Texans dont have a game scheduled that week.

but yes it will be difficult from a TV standpoint to get Americans interested in F1 when the race is scheduled against football sunday. they should really be considering a Saturday race to accommodate this.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 17:01 (Ref:2932830)   #33
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
actually not a bad spot for the US race as the Dallas Cowboys are playing in Washington DC that day and the Houston Texans dont have a game scheduled that week.

but yes it will be difficult from a TV standpoint to get Americans interested in F1 when the race is scheduled against football sunday. they should really be considering a Saturday race to accommodate this.
I didn't think the NFL scheduled fixtures 2 Seasons in advance ?
Old 29 Jul 2011, 19:28 (Ref:2932944)   #34
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I didn't think the NFL scheduled fixtures 2 Seasons in advance ?
they dont and im an idiot.

i suppose all i can say to salvage this misunderstanding is that i hope they dont schedule a Dallas Cowboys home game that weekend in 2012...which just to be clear is not the year we are currently in???
Old 29 Jul 2011, 19:50 (Ref:2932958)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Completely off topic here's the NFL 2011 regular season schedule.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules?seasonType=REG&season=2011