Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 May 2012, 00:29 (Ref:3079698)   #1301
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hEWe...&feature=g-u-u

Highlights are up, I have yet to watch these but they almost certainly included that 5-way battle
Old 27 May 2012, 01:02 (Ref:3079708)   #1302
cobraRed01
Rookie

United States
New Jersey
cobraRed01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
matech team did a really good 2010 season, mutsch finished second in drivers champ behind bartels/bertolini and the team finished fifth in team champ just because only one car was able to run for the victory and score points.
The ford GT1 was one of lightest GT1 and had balanced restrictors (around 560hp in 2010 and 580hp in last races of 2010 and 2011 season) the real problem of the car during 2011 was the lack of spare parts because of matech company failure (and some door that wasn't able to remaine close during the race).
MVDS simply was never competitive in 2010 but won 3 q. race and 1 c. race in 2011 with mackowiecki in the roster; no words about belgian racing because was the MVDS satellite team.
Thanks much. I was thrilled with Matech performance with the Ford GT...especially with Richard Westbrook at the wheel. Had hopes for Le Mans too for Matech. They took the early charge. Thank you, Robertsons!!!

What I kept hearing was that the Matech Ford GT's were underpowered and kept losing races on the long tracks. Westbrook had the cojones to Go Deep and take position in the turns (a marvel to watch)...but they often seemed to lose on the straights. Considering how light the car was...with a mid-engine layout and comparable hp...I figured, despite it's age, it would be dominant. Somehow I figured they might be getting over restricted. Seem Milos's SunRed Ford GT was very fast today ...even on the straights. He was reeling in the 458 until technical gremlins had their way. I hate to belabor the Ford GT fascination...but it still a beautiful car. And hey, I'm a Ford fan.

Old 27 May 2012, 01:37 (Ref:3079719)   #1303
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Wow-didnt Mayer Melnhoff lose his cool when Lauda stalled the BMW getting out of the pits!

Some great battles behind the podium, those cars going three wide was fantastic to watch.

Great to see McLaren win with the MP4-12C at long last. Im sure they were expecting to have won a bit earlier in the car's timeline but better late then never.
Old 27 May 2012, 01:42 (Ref:3079720)   #1304
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the start of the qualifying race, Sunred's team manager reported the second Ford GT will reach the grid in next algarve event, hope all returns to normallity.

What a brutal performance of the Macs! Seems they suit perfectly to this circuit and they surelly will replace the Lambos on top of podium tomorrow. Great race.
Old 27 May 2012, 08:35 (Ref:3079763)   #1305
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Damn it I keep missing the re-runs on Channel 4 and Bloomberg!!!!

must tune in next time!

Ummm get 4od online, then watch it on the Internet! They've got all the races on at the mo
Old 27 May 2012, 08:40 (Ref:3079764)   #1306
dank
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
dank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why bother with 4oD when GT1 has their own archive/feed on YouTube?

http://www.youtube.com/user/gt1world/videos
Old 27 May 2012, 11:05 (Ref:3079818)   #1307
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
In the start of the qualifying race, Sunred's team manager reported the second Ford GT will reach the grid in next algarve event, hope all returns to normallity.
Nice to hear, as drivers will have Sousek/Moncini?
Old 27 May 2012, 11:08 (Ref:3079821)   #1308
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Nice to hear, as drivers will have Sousek/Moncini?
Nothing was said about the drivers, could be.
Old 28 May 2012, 13:45 (Ref:3080582)   #1309
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was very impressed by the racing and the championship overall after watching the highlights on YT. I am kicking myself for not tuning in earlier as I expected the GT3 but GT1 name would somehow kill off the series. Good to see a good crowd and a McLaren win. The racing was tremendous all the way down the field, and I have to say I'm hooked!
Old 29 May 2012, 16:30 (Ref:3081251)   #1310
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
I got to say as well that the racing in GT1 has been top-notch; just fantastic stuff. The cars looks great, with awesome passing action all throughout the field. Nice to see the McLaren finally doing well. Can't wait to see them race at India later this year; should be absolutely mega on that track. Well done GT1.
Old 29 May 2012, 16:33 (Ref:3081252)   #1311
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
I got to say as well that the racing in GT1 has been top-notch; just fantastic stuff. The cars looks great, with awesome passing action all throughout the field. Nice to see the McLaren finally doing well. Can't wait to see them race at India later this year; should be absolutely mega on that track. Well done GT1.
You must be new to these parts of 10/10s. Around here we don't say good things about anything Ratel does. Ever.
Old 29 May 2012, 18:38 (Ref:3081341)   #1312
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
You must be new to these parts of 10/10s. Around here we don't say good things about anything Ratel does. Ever.
Haha, I thought the racing from the last couple of years has been great; the switch to GT3 cars and calling them GT1 is a bit weird, but so far I think the series this year has been awesome. The tracks they race on could use some improvement(how no San Luis in Argentina? Travesty), but overall the product so far is quite good.
Old 29 May 2012, 20:32 (Ref:3081447)   #1313
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Well, this is not completely correct, we have aired to the fourth winds, that Ratel GT3 class has been a completely commercial success, noone can discuss this, even if you don't like BoP. ;-)
Old 29 May 2012, 21:53 (Ref:3081492)   #1314
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
Well, this is not completely correct, we have aired to the fourth winds, that Ratel GT3 class has been a completely commercial success, noone can discuss this, even if you don't like BoP. ;-)
it depens about what you mean for "commercial success"
Old 29 May 2012, 23:09 (Ref:3081529)   #1315
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
it depens about what you mean for "commercial success"
$$$ In spanish "comercial" means well sold (if its this what you refer) in english i'm not sure (I know it's used for tv ads), sorry for my bad english allways (Yes i should apologize in almost all post for my english xD).

You really now it better than me the number of GT3 cars sold (Success).
Old 29 May 2012, 23:18 (Ref:3081531)   #1316
alexkiller8
Veteran

well, let's say that i agree if we say that the navarra round has been a good business for navarra track managment and spanish race organizers, you're right, but is a "relative" commercial success because in my opinion, all GT champs (international and not) don't have a commercial success at all! it's a niche category of motorsport... to better explain in next blancpain race in silverstone you won't never see the same crowd of the silverstone f1 GP (the same track will appear "less beautifull and cured" than the f1 event) or on a car is really unprobable to see international sponsors as happen for "mainstream" cars like f1 or wrc.
Old 29 May 2012, 23:36 (Ref:3081541)   #1317
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alex, I was agreeing with you until you said WRC lol. In all seriousness, I have enjoyed all 6 "GT1" races although I don't understand why they insist on calling it GT1. The name just adds confusion to anyone who doesn't follow the sport on a day to day basis. There doesn't seem to be much fan interest, youtube viewership numbers seem very low. On a related note, why can I in the U.S. watch some races on youtube and not others. At least for the first two rounds I was able to watch live. For the Navarra round it was hit or miss and I ended up having to rely on speed2 which I may or may not have in 2 days.
Old 29 May 2012, 23:41 (Ref:3081543)   #1318
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
....next blancpain race in silverstone you won't never see the same crowd of the silverstone f1 GP (the same track will appear "less beautifull and cured" than the f1 event) or on a car is really unprobable to see international sponsors as happen for "mainstream" cars like f1 or wrc.
Well, i talked about GT3 cars sold, but, i understand Navarra repeats here for the commercial success, and Blancpain "Sells itself" cause all AM drivers are pay drivers so SRO pays lots of cash this way to the renowned "F1 pedigree" tracks BES holds, to compensate the "non sold tickets".

But it's hard to success like F1, cause there's to much legend behind, like Le-mans, and to my view the GT1 streaming is not commercial enough, with this poor comentators (Maybe except hailey coxon) and their freak outfits xD.. The Navarra Promotion has been perfect for me in all ways.
Old 29 May 2012, 23:57 (Ref:3081551)   #1319
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
Alex, I was agreeing with you until you said WRC lol. In all seriousness, I have enjoyed all 6 "GT1" races although I don't understand why they insist on calling it GT1. The name just adds confusion to anyone who doesn't follow the sport on a day to day basis. There doesn't seem to be much fan interest, youtube viewership numbers seem very low. On a related note, why can I in the U.S. watch some races on youtube and not others. At least for the first two rounds I was able to watch live. For the Navarra round it was hit or miss and I ended up having to rely on speed2 which I may or may not have in 2 days.
i have written wrc because in a car that runs in world GT1, 99 times on 100, you won't never see a total/playstation/abu dhabi/castrol main sponsorship...
just in blancpain there is a z4 gt3 that is sponsored by DHL and petronas.
Old 30 May 2012, 00:25 (Ref:3081562)   #1320
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
The thing with motorsport CRISIS Is once again about politics... With less money on companies, there is less sponsorship to teams, so they weaken their power to pay for drivers, which makes nerby to extinct Le mans GTE, Fia GT1, Fia GT3, etc.

With current class inequality, there are more rich people (BES), this means more amateur (Non young drivers), i think you call them gentleman drivers (Wealthy people), those with $$ at tax free countries, so motorsport is losing quality, i don't want to enter politics but heavy capitalism is hurting motorsport, tough European crisis cames also from excessive $$$ waste from left wing parties (Spain is an example), so noone is free here...
Old 30 May 2012, 02:22 (Ref:3081587)   #1321
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not really sure what you guys argument is about but i feel the series isnt doing too bad for itself.
While its probably the least watched fia world championship, circuit attendance such as navarra last weekend seem's to be high, the championshiop is going to new frontiers and the number of pay drivers is similar or less than other fia world championships.
(if only all pay drivers were like step dusseldorp e.g. a good driver bringing sponsorship like Maldonado or Perez in f1. Rather than Ren Wei or the Russian drivers)

I would also be interested to see BOP changes for Navarra if anone has a link.
Old 30 May 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3081783)   #1322
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
? Sure Ratel has done plenty of things that annoyed people but he has made some really good decisions. GT3 being one of them and bringing back BPR in the form of Blancpain being the other. You cant really blame him for there being no purpose built GT1 cars, economically its just not viable in this climate. Sportscar racing is cyclical so they should come back..one day.
Old 30 May 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3081820)   #1323
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
well, let's say that i agree if we say that the navarra round has been a good business for navarra track managment and spanish race organizers, you're right, but is a "relative" commercial success because in my opinion, all GT champs (international and not) don't have a commercial success at all! it's a niche category of motorsport... to better explain in next blancpain race in silverstone you won't never see the same crowd of the silverstone f1 GP (the same track will appear "less beautifull and cured" than the f1 event) or on a car is really unprobable to see international sponsors as happen for "mainstream" cars like f1 or wrc.
This is all too true. I wish GT and sportscar racing for that matter got the attention it deserved. By the way I am going to the next BE round at Silverstone and I hope I see a lot of like minded fans there too.
Old 30 May 2012, 15:35 (Ref:3081933)   #1324
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
I don't want to disturb the conversation but where was the Chinese driver in the Chinese sponsored team last weekend at Navarra? There's a weak link in every chain. And it's just a matter of time before this one snaps.
Old 30 May 2012, 18:10 (Ref:3082015)   #1325
JackN
Racer

United Kingdom
Norrrrrfolk
JackN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ren Wei was in hospital because of complications after an operation on his appendix. I think I mentioned it in the commentary, but cant remember off the top of my head!

He will be missing the next couple of rounds I believe.